BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, FE123 said:

Pears showed frailties again last night even with the limited amount he had to do. 2 more goals from set pieces!!!

Going forward I think we looked excellent. Gueye worked hard, held the ball and Dolan took his chance when the game was tight.

Szmodics, Ohashi and Weimann showed their additional quality when the game opened up.

JDT used to speak about needing 4 players on the pitch who can attack the ball from defensive set pieces. We had 3 when Gueye was on and 2 when he went off.

My idea of a left back we need is a Derrick Williams style, decent in the air, can fill in at left back or centre half, can’t afford to keep shipping goals from set pieces, don’t think they had a clear cut chance otherwise.

I get the Pears bashing at times but really don't think he was at fault for either goal, the responsibility was elsewhere.

Also didn't realize how good a save that was from the near post corner that nearly crept in.

We do need a No 1 though.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I agree with you, feel like we already have 3 loans.

Now need to back it with 4-5 perms.

For some reason I feel optimistic about this season.

Upgrade on Pears, 2 new wingers, new LB and a new CM and I think we are flying.

Losing Szmodics we need another replacement.

We do need to spend some money but I do think a couple of loans could be considered as long as we get some permanent deals too.

We could do with also redressing the issue of players contracted beyond this season by also looking within. Dolan is inconsistent and Hyam had a poorer season last season but both are Championship standard and we would be better off if we could get both tied down beyond 2025, added to by say 3 permanent new players.

I suspect positionally that Szmodics is already seen as being replaced as Dolan, Weimann and even JRC would be better in central areas. But we need those couple of wingers to then allow them not to be needed centrally.

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

I get the Pears bashing at times but really don't think he was at fault for either goal, the responsibility was elsewhere.

Also didn't realize how good a save that was from the near post corner that nearly crept in.

We do need a No 1 though.

His biggest error was the one where he rushed out into no mans land. Against quality, they score that.

Im also not convinced that a keeper can make what is deemed to be a really good save when facing a direct corner! 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

His biggest error was the one where he rushed out into no mans land. Against quality, they score that.

Im also not convinced that a keeper can make what is deemed to be a really good save when facing a direct corner! 

The Sky commentators said he had done brilliantly for the save for the corner.

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The Sky commentators said he had done brilliantly for the save for the corner.

Then proceded to kick the ball straight to an opposition player which nearly resulted in a goal

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

won his first game against Stoke, He was involved in tactics, team selections and spoke with Johnson for over 2 hours about the Stoke City game plus he was on the touchline second half organising the team and making subs with DJ. 

great 1st win last night .

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That and when he put his arms out to say leave it only for it to hit the crossbar. I think it’s unanimous we need a new keeper but I wouldn’t blame him for either goals last night.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, goozburger said:

Buckley and Sigurdsson are luxury players. They have some quality to their games, but I don't think they have the right attitude based on their efforts on the pitch. Buckley certainly hasn't progressed. I think it's time to move him on.

Some players get you on top in a game and some players can murder the opposition when the first group of players have got you on top. Buckley and Siggy are in the second group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OllieNO said:

He knows with SS in the team we’ve got a good chance of surprising a few people this season. He’s already worked out he won’t see much of any transfer fee re-invested.

I think keeping SS and signing an additional 3 or 4 players is not a big ask of our useless CEO, COO and owners. They’ve just raked in £25m and spent practically nowt. 

Hopefully nobody meets the asking price. I think August 20th will be pivotal in the SS outcome.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

2.5 million? 

He won't be going for that fee 

Wow just seen Romano and a few others saying same , I thought he would be under a million 

I was also surprised by the price he is signing for QPR for 

I think Eustace wants a decision to be made and either we sell him and use the money to buy 2 or 3 quality players plus a couple of loans, or we keep him and play him. Ipswich need to decide whether they want him or not. Ipswich had chased him for 3 weeks now and no agreement. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was also surprised by the price he is signing for QPR for 

I think Eustace wants a decision to be made and either we sell him and use the money to buy 2 or 3 quality players plus a couple of loans, or we keep him and play him. Ipswich need to decide whether they want him or not. Ipswich had chased him for 3 weeks now and no agreement. 

He’s saying he wants to keep Szmods AND sign a few more quality players.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We do need to spend some money but I do think a couple of loans could be considered as long as we get some permanent deals too.

We could do with also redressing the issue of players contracted beyond this season by also looking within. Dolan is inconsistent and Hyam had a poorer season last season but both are Championship standard and we would be better off if we could get both tied down beyond 2025, added to by say 3 permanent new players.

I suspect positionally that Szmodics is already seen as being replaced as Dolan, Weimann and even JRC would be better in central areas. But we need those couple of wingers to then allow them not to be needed centrally.

I agree with yourself here. We need to get Hyam and Dolan to sign new deals. I agree we need to buy 2 or 3 more players with a couple of loans. Eustace wants options in the attacking areas. Plus we need to sort the Szmodics situation and quickly. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We need a new number 1 keeper asap.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He’s saying he wants to keep Szmods AND sign a few more quality players.

Yes of course Eustace does cos he knows that Szmodics is very good player at this level, we are better team with him and if we keep him we will be higher up the league than without him, but Eustace also knows that if Ipswich offer an acceptable bid he will go 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes of course Eustace does cos he knows that Szmodics is very good player at this level, we are better team with him and if we keep him we will be higher up the league than without him, but Eustace also knows that if Ipswich offer an acceptable bid he will go 

You’re missing the point but nvm

If we do bring in a new winger it’ll need to be one who is going to be one of the first names on the team sheet, as we actually have plenty of bodies there. Took off both our starting wingers on 60 minutes but Markanday and Sigurdsson both remained unused subs. If we get another in I can see both of them going.

I still think there is a bit of business to do. Vale shouldn’t be anywhere near our bench - I’d much rather have seen Duru and Tyjon on there last night before Vale and Markanday. Once Leonard is fit he’s even further down the pecking order. Gilsenan should also be another option in that 3 behind the centre forward meaning Markanday (not up to it) and Sigurdsson (might command a fee) are very expendable.

Keeper this week with a bit of luck.

• Like 1

My current theory is that Venky's look at the results and scorers but nothing else.

This is why they keep doing this thing of putting an arbitrary 'won't sell for less than' value on our top goalscorer (£15m for Armstrong, reportedly £20m for BBD and the reports from Ipswich are that they are now doing it with Sammie) but seemingly on no-one else.

I also think it's why they sanction selling our keepers so readily - we concede goals most games, so the keepers can't be any good. Also why they won't spend on keepers - they've gone through a bunch and we still conceded so obviously it's a position that doesn't make much difference...

Whilst I can begrudgingly understand the not risking him in the pre season matches and Sammy’s desire for an EPL move, I simply don’t understand the training away from the squad etc ! He is getting paid handsomely to play for Blackburn Rovers and is contracted for another 2+1 years and whilst he is, he needs to be on the pitch and giving 100%.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AspRover said:

My current theory is that Venky's look at the results and scorers but nothing else.

This is why they keep doing this thing of putting an arbitrary 'won't sell for less than' value on our top goalscorer (£15m for Armstrong, reportedly £20m for BBD and the reports from Ipswich are that they are now doing it with Sammie) but seemingly on no-one else.

Think you are giving them far too much credit here 

They aren't watching anything; they aren't looking at anything, they haven't the foggiest who is scoring goals or what any of the players names are.

They don't give a shit.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If we do bring in a new winger it’ll need to be one who is going to be one of the first names on the team sheet, as we actually have plenty of bodies there. 

We don’t have a winger worthy of the name. The tactics were obvious last night, switch the ball quickly from one side of the pitch to the other to get our left winger one-on-one with their full back. Sadly that winger was a half-fit Hedges who just wasn’t good enough to take advantage of all the space he had. Same applies to Siggy, Dolan and Gilsensan. None have genuine pace. 

A new winger is vital to the way JE wants to attack teams. 

• Like 2