BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

15 minutes ago, AspRover said:

My current theory is that Venky's look at the results and scorers but nothing else.

This is why they keep doing this thing of putting an arbitrary 'won't sell for less than' value on our top goalscorer (£15m for Armstrong, reportedly £20m for BBD and the reports from Ipswich are that they are now doing it with Sammie) but seemingly on no-one else.

I also think it's why they sanction selling our keepers so readily - we concede goals most games, so the keepers can't be any good. Also why they won't spend on keepers - they've gone through a bunch and we still conceded so obviously it's a position that doesn't make much difference...

I think they probably don’t know we played last night yet.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

You’re missing the point but nvm

how? Eustace of course wants to keep Szmodics and sign new players but he also knows if Ipswich bid what we want he goes. Eustace is a very level head head coach and he is willing to mix and match his tactics and we have a clear plan but he won the game yesterday with his subs

21 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If we do bring in a new winger it’ll need to be one who is going to be one of the first names on the team sheet, as we actually have plenty of bodies there. Took off both our starting wingers on 60 minutes but Markanday and Sigurdsson both remained unused subs. If we get another in I can see both of them going.

I still think there is a bit of business to do. Vale shouldn’t be anywhere near our bench - I’d much rather have seen Duru and Tyjon on there last night before Vale and Markanday. Once Leonard is fit he’s even further down the pecking order. Gilsenan should also be another option in that 3 behind the centre forward meaning Markanday (not up to it) and Sigurdsson (might command a fee) are very expendable.

Keeper this week with a bit of luck.

I agree here. I can see Markanday going on loan to a league 1 club and us selling Sigurdsson. Yes we need new winger with pace out wide. Shame we couldn't get Liam Millar in before he signed for Hull. Would be the ideal winger we need. 

I am hoping we sign a new keeper this week

Another short term solution and would add to our oap back line but if it meant money could be spent elsewhere for quality I wouldn’t be against bringing in Paul dummett on a free as cover for left back/ centre back. Always looked like a solid champ player even though he has spent most of his career at Newcastle 

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think they probably don’t know we played last night yet.

Probably not, I meant it more in a they skim through the results in bulk when they are forced to for some reason. They see one name a lot - big price tag.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

how? Eustace of course wants to keep Szmodics and sign new players but he also knows if Ipswich bid what we want he goes. Eustace is a very level head head coach and he is willing to mix and match his tactics and we have a clear plan but he won the game yesterday with his subs

Eustace is clearly making it known he doesn’t want Szmodjcs sold.

20 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Eustace is clearly making it known he doesn’t want Szmodjcs sold.

we know this but he also says he is just the coach of the team. He didn't want to sell Gallagher but we did, and look at how we spend that money and the 2 strikers we brought in with it

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree here. I can see Markanday going on loan to a league 1 club and us selling Sigurdsson. Yes we need new winger with pace out wide. Shame we couldn't get Liam Millar in before he signed for Hull. Would be the ideal winger we need. 

I am hoping we sign a new keeper this week

Who’s going to pay a fee for Siggy ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we know this but he also says he is just the coach of the team. He didn't want to sell Gallagher but we did, and look at how we spend that money and the 2 strikers we brought in with it

Gally was easily replaceable, Szmods isn’t. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who’s going to pay a fee for Siggy ?

I think he probably wants a move, he’s played very little football since joining for one reason or another and has shown very little after the first couple of appearances. I think if he goes it will probably be back to Scandinavia or some low level Spanish / Italian side for a pretty small fee. Has ability but little pace and no real grit / determination.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Gally was easily replaceable, Szmods isn’t. 

Its a shame it took us 2 years to find 2 strikers with different qualities who can play the number 9 role we want them to play. Replacing Szmodics is probably very hard but if Dolan can play that 10 role and we can bring in a pacey winger on the left plus another attacking option signing 

My Bournemouth supporting mate did tell me that they were in for Sammie, but later clarified that he was winding me up and hasn't heard anything beyond someone floating the name on their forum as a 'maybe we could look at this guy, he'd be cheap' kind of thing.

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon has a Rovers story lined up for tomorrow. 

Szmodics edging closer to moving is my guess.

I think it's clear nothing else is happening incoming until the last week of the window now.

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think it's clear nothing else is happening incoming until the last week of the window now.

Conveniently after August 20th.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon has a Rovers story lined up for tomorrow. 

The sun will rise in the east.  

No doubt Szmodics is definitely gone and we definitely maybe potentially possibly have someone lined up 

Although in fairness now Park is back Nixon is much stronger on our transfers 

O'Riordan must be close, he didn't make the squad yesterday so... Peterborough, Cambridge and Blackpool all want him. Charlton were linked not so long back aswell, not short of options in league 1, a loan is probably for the best. Likely Peterborough though. 

Edited by Neal

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

If things had edge closer would Szmodics been on the bench and come on yesterday? 

I think its been news about incomings and outgoings 

Just now, Neal said:

O'Riordan must be close, he didn't make the squad yesterday so... Peterborough, Cambridge and Blackpool all want him. 

was on the pitch yesterday warming up with the team 

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

If it is about Szmodic it will be another club in for him as Ipswich ain't one of the clubs he has news on tomorrow 

13 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Of course he does! It's what he gets paid for whether there's much truth in the "story" or not he has to type up something, especially on a sunday. 

He has got nearly everything he has written about rovers this summer correct 

• Like 1