BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

43 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

This has Venkys/Waggott/Suhail dragging this out till the last minute to stop us spending any money written all over it.

Just had a message from an Ipswich supporter who  I know. 

Mate, I could write a book on the Smodicz "transfer".

I'm actually involved with the club, have been for years, so I get to know the inside tracks, who we're after, etc.

Can't say too much obviously, but let's just say the Blackburn owners aren't the easiest to deal with. Totally unrealistic valuation for a player who is 29 in September. While he was top scorer in the Championship last season he's never kicked a ball in the Prem. Huge over-valuation and not sure the gap in what we feel he's worth will close enough to make this happen.

Smodicz is a total pro though. He wants to come, he's from the Ipswich area as are his family. He's desperate to come in fact . . 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

O'Riordan must be close, he didn't make the squad yesterday so... Peterborough, Cambridge and Blackpool all want him. Charlton were linked not so long back aswell, not short of options in league 1, a loan is probably for the best. Likely Peterborough though. 

I think O'Riordan was the spare man last night, incase someone got injured in warm ups etc.

Not sure I see him going on loan this window.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

O'Riordan must be close, he didn't make the squad yesterday so... Peterborough, Cambridge and Blackpool all want him. Charlton were linked not so long back aswell, not short of options in league 1, a loan is probably for the best. Likely Peterborough though. 

Yeah it looks that way. Probably clearing the way for a player who can play left back or cover at centre half. Been looking all summer for someone of that ilk. 

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think O'Riordan was the spare man last night, incase someone got injured in warm ups etc.

Manager has told him to go.

20 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I'm actually involved with the club, have been for years, so I get to know the inside tracks, who we're after, etc.

Can't say too much obviously, but let's just say the Blackburn owners aren't the easiest to deal with. Totally unrealistic valuation for a player who is 29 in September. While he was top scorer in the Championship last season he's never kicked a ball in the Prem. Huge over-valuation and not sure the gap in what we feel he's worth will close enough to make this happen.

Smodicz is a total pro though. He wants to come, he's from the Ipswich area as are his family. He's desperate to come in fact . . 

Sounds like  Birmingham City Dan with the complex we should rollover and let them have him for peanuts, think they undervalue him

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Their bid of £6m was totally unrealistic. 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

If what the rovers want is more than Ipswich will pay, then jog on. It could just as easily be that Ipswich are holding out for the court case to force the Rovers into selling for an overly cheap bid. Whatever, it is all speculation.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Can believe the Rovers team being a nightmare but this is a club which has paid 20m for Liam Delap....

• Like 4

Ah well put up or shut up Ipswich it’s really that simple. A valuation of a player from the buyer will always be different to the selling club. Losing someone like szmodics for us in the position we are in with limited funds is going to be hard so he’s value to rovers is very high 

• Like 4

Szmodics was our top scorer last season so they pay what we want or they don't sign him. Simple as that

• Like 1

Lewis Baker scored the winner for Stoke today. I’m sure Stoke won’t want to lose him and after last nights performance, I can’t see Rovers wanting to swap Travis.

Edit: Gallagher is out until early September with a Calf injury.

Edited by Polky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

At 1.5 million for a position that would be middle to low priority - no chance 

It isn't a position that is middle to low priority but it's it's second priority on the list after a new first choice keeper being the top priority. Then third and fourth priority are central midfielder and back up left back

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Polky said:

Lewis Baker scored the winner for Stoke today. I’m sure Stoke won’t want to lose him and after last nights performance, I can’t see Rovers wanting to swap Travis.

Edit: Gallagher is out until early September with a Calf injury.

Putting aside the fact we spaffed 5 million on him, getting 1.5 million for an injury-prone player who has all the attributes but none of the ability to use them was not too shabby at all. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It isn't a position that is middle to low priority but it's it's second priority on the list after a new first choice keeper being the top priority. Then third and fourth priority are central midfielder and back up left back

Experience first 

strikers next which we got

goalkeeper 

then full back positions 

if you think before selling szmodics we have another 1.5 to spend because Steve ‘always honest’ waggott says we just need to ask then your very very naive 

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

We'd be cutting it fine if we let him go out on loan - that'd leave us with 4 CBs, one of whom is probably lined up to play RB if we have any injuries there.