BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

14 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Experience first 

strikers next which we got

goalkeeper 

then full back positions 

if you think before selling szmodics we have another 1.5 to spend because Steve ‘always honest’ waggott says we just need to ask then your very very naive 

I'm talking about now. Eustace highlighted the wide position where he wanted to strengthen and why we linked with Dembele from Birmingham 

Our priorities for the rest of the window should be:- 

1st - commanding experience keeper

2nd - winger with pace

3rd - box to box midfielder 

4th - back up left back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm talking about now. Eustace highlighted the wide position where he wanted to strengthen and why we linked with Dembele from Birmingham 

Our priorities for the rest of the window should be:- 

1st - commanding experience keeper

2nd - winger with pace

3rd - box to box midfielder 

4th - back up left back.

So again I refer back to the price tag ‘without an outgoing’ do you think rovers will pay 1.5 million (3million from venkys) for a player?

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

by doing what Waggott said in his interview ask the owners to fund it

Oh poor, sweet, naive Chaddy. He's lying mate. That's what he does. If we could get money from the owners just by asking, we wouldn't have had so many windows scraping by, and we wouldn't have done fuck all in two January windows where promotion was realistic.

If Waggott asks Venkys for 1.5 mill, they're going to say 'Fuck off Steve, that would cost us 3 million'.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, B16Rover said:

The sun will rise in the east.  

No doubt Szmodics is definitely gone and we definitely maybe potentially possibly have someone lined up 

Are you saying we are going Big in Japan and taking a closer look at Ryo ? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

So again I refer back to the price tag ‘without an outgoing’ do you think rovers will pay 1.5 million (3million from venkys) for a player?

Sadly I don't crystal ball that can predict the future or the lottery number. 

We were bidding for De Lange last week without a sale but wouldn't up to what Marseille paid for him. 

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Just had a message from an Ipswich supporter who  I know. 

Mate, I could write a book on the Smodicz "transfer".

I'm actually involved with the club, have been for years, so I get to know the inside tracks, who we're after, etc.

Can't say too much obviously, but let's just say the Blackburn owners aren't the easiest to deal with. Totally unrealistic valuation for a player who is 29 in September. While he was top scorer in the Championship last season he's never kicked a ball in the Prem. Huge over-valuation and not sure the gap in what we feel he's worth will close enough to make this happen.

Smodicz is a total pro though. He wants to come, he's from the Ipswich area as are his family. He's desperate to come in fact . . 

But Liam Delap with no EPL experience and hardly any Championship goals is worth £20m ! Sammy is from Colchester, Essex not Ipswich, even Suffolk, although admittedly not too far away.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sadly I don't crystal ball that can predict the future or the lottery number. 

We were bidding for De Lange last week without a sale but wouldn't up to what Marseille paid for him. 

Didn’t he go for £1m, nothing at all for a quality keeper.

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I'm actually involved with the club, have been for years, so I get to know the inside tracks, who we're after, etc.

Can't say too much obviously, but let's just say the Blackburn owners aren't the easiest to deal with. Totally unrealistic valuation for a player who is 29 in September. While he was top scorer in the Championship last season he's never kicked a ball in the Prem. Huge over-valuation and not sure the gap in what we feel he's worth will close enough to make this happen.

Smodicz is a total pro though. He wants to come, he's from the Ipswich area as are his family. He's desperate to come in fact . . 

while I can totally see they would be a nightmare to deal with that's up to them the valuation they have for a player who is contracted to blackburn is completely up to them and should not budge his 30 goals last season kept us up and we would need to replace those goals it's not incumbent upon our board to see that Ipswich get the deal on their terms. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aqualung said:

If they think it’s unrealistic then don’t buy him then, simples. Oh you better send your Ipswich mate an atlas as his knowledge of geography is crap. 

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

He has got nearly everything he has written about rovers this summer correct 

Has he? I stopped paying attention when he said the Japanese lad was in the UK and having a medical, and then it turned out a day later he was still in Japan.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I would asked him why is £12m a totally unrealistic valuation for Szmodics who is in prime years and great form when they have spent a fortunes on Delap and Muric who aren't proven PL players? 

Szmodics is from Essex and big West Ham Fan. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hasta said:

Has he? I stopped paying attention when he said the Japanese lad was in the UK and having a medical, and then it turned out a day later he was still in Japan.

Nixon never claimed the Japanese guy as one of his exclusives.He was taking his info from the Japanese guy on twitter molla and nixon referenced as much 

He was right and first In with all the backroom staff changes, the interest in De Lange,Bathh and Weimann ,the big Mak bid 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

sound like typical venkys,who are after 15 million and won`t budge,they did the same with rothwell,brereton and lenihan and we ended up giving  them away for nothing,only reason we got 20 million for armstrong is because soton were stupid enough to pay it

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would asked him why is £12m a totally unrealistic valuation for Szmodics who is in prime years and great form when they have spent a fortunes on Delap and Muric who aren't proven PL players? 

Szmodics is from Essex and big West Ham Fan. 

I know he's from Essex which isn't too far away from Suffolk compared to Blackburn. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

If they think it’s unrealistic then don’t buy him then, simples. Oh you better send your Ipswich mate an atlas as his knowledge of geography is crap. 

His geography isn't crap I can assure you. But Suffolk is a damn site closer to where he comes from originally. 

Thats what my mates point was. 

Any roads... I'm with others that I'd love Smodizc to stay and venkys/Waggot get what they want. We won't see much of it anyway. 

I just don't want our player to be messed about or become unhappy at thought of having to stay at Rovers. 

12 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I know he's from Essex which isn't too far away from Suffolk compared to Blackburn. 

Firstly, can I say thanks for sharing what he did. 

I understand that but it's down to Ipswich to agree a deal for our key player. I'm pleased Rovers are playing hardball. Ipswich have spent big on players who aren't PL proven

27 minutes ago, Neal said:

Ryo Germain scored 2 the other day... 3 shots, 2 goals. He's certainly the sort of player we would likely be looking at at the moment. 

Goals here... 

https://www.google.com/amp/story/s/stories.jleague.co/games/421296-20240807-Albirex-Niigata-vs-Jubilo-Iwata.html

They love a dink over the keeper these Japanese lads.

• Like 3