BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Szmodics is actually a lifelong Liverpool supporter - he said this himself on Big Sam's podcast recently.

So, technically, being based in Cheshire/Manchester is considerably closer for following his team than anywhere in Cockneyland.

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Szmodics is actually a lifelong Liverpool supporter - he said this himself on Big Sam's podcast recently.

So, technically, being based in Cheshire/Manchester is considerably closer for following his team than anywhere in Cockneyland.

Szmodic supports west ham?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Szmodic supports west ham?

He doesn't and doesn't know where this comes from - listen to his episode of No Tippy Tappy Football.

Szmodics is a lifelong Liverpool supporter.

Edited by Andy

1 minute ago, Andy said:

He doesn't and doesn't know where this comes from - listen to his episode of No Tippy Tappy Football.

I have listened to it and for the life of me I can't remember him saying that (not saying he didn't ) I wasn't 100% paying attention 

But I have seen him in a west ham shirt and other references about him being boyhood west ham fan 

Screenshot_2024-08-10-17-50-36-80_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Andy said:

https://www.westhamzone.com/news/sammie-szmodics-makes-west-ham-united-admission-amid-blackburn-transfer-speculation/

West Ham, transcript is there

“It’s hard being a footballer and supporting a team, but obviously West Ham is the closest team to us and I started following West Ham at 14 or 15 and it took off from there.

“We played them in the cup last year and It was mixed emotions because we beat them on penalties and it was like I didn’t want to knock West Ham out because we were never going to win the Carabao Cup. West Ham maybe weren’t either but they had a better chance.

“I’ve played there, I scored my penalty there so it was mixed emotions. I try to get to all the games, when I was at Peterborough two years ago I used to go to every game and I go to the away games when they’re up here against Manchester United, City, and Liverpool, I go to all of them.

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

Nah, he was quite specific about supporting Liverpool - I'm sure it was Big Sam's podcast, but he's been on a couple at the back end of last season.

I'll find it when I get a minute.

32 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Looks like Kaide Gordon is going Swansea on loan.

This is the time of year the Playoff places are decided - which PL wonderkids can you secure for a year? Diallo carried Sunderland a couple of years ago. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Nah, he was quite specific about supporting Liverpool - I'm sure it was Big Sam's podcast, but he's been on a couple at the back end of last season.

I think you are wrong here and must have misheard mate .Iv seen him in a west ham shirt and look at the quotes Kent exile has just posted 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy said:

He was a Liverpool fan as a lad along with his dad and brother but he switched to West Ham when he was a teenager and has supported them ever since 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I think you are wrong here and must have misheard mate .Iv seen him in a west ham shirt and look at the quotes Kent exile has just posted 

Szmodics is West Ham supporter

here the clip him saying it

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

West Ham, his dad & family are Liverpool.  Seems Sammie changed allegiance as a teenager, but definitely West Ham now

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2