BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

43 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

I know he's from Essex which isn't too far away from Suffolk compared to Blackburn. 

Colchester (where Szmodics grew up) is only a 30 minute drive from Ipswich. Ipswich is by far the closest major club to Colchester, so while he's a West Ham fan I am sure there are attractions to be close to family etc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

If Leonard leaves then we're starting to wear thin in that position, no? He's been injured a lot the past six months or so so good move for him if true.

Like Garrett he badly needs a run of first team football or his development will stagnate. 

I wonder if we're getting loan fees for the likes of Garrett / Leonard or if they're just picking up their wages. Either way it creates some wiggle room in the budget, hopefully.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Colchester (where Szmodics grew up) is only a 30 minute drive from Ipswich. Ipswich is by far the closest major club to Colchester, so while he's a West Ham fan I am sure there are attractions to be close to family etc.

His in laws are Norwich fans, his Mrs may put her foot down and tell him not to go to Ipswich 😉 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/april/06/szmodics-eager-to-upset-the-in-laws-/

• Like 1

I'm not convinced that the club that Sammy supports is going to be a massively deciding factor in whether he goes to a Premier League club while his stock's at its highest value and our financial situation is precarious, I must admit.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm talking about now. Eustace highlighted the wide position where he wanted to strengthen and why we linked with Dembele from Birmingham 

Our priorities for the rest of the window should be:- 

1st - commanding experience keeper

2nd - winger with pace

3rd - box to box midfielder 

4th - back up left back.

Dembele just been hooked at half time by Birmingham. The Twitter comments are less than complimentary about him.

11 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

O’Riordan and Leonard both off to Posh? 

Leonard is as much use as a chocolate fireguard so good. The other lad he's never been around the first team, strange one so let him go

• Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Dembele just been hooked at half time by Birmingham. The Twitter comments are less than complimentary about him.

Been watching the game. Shown great bursts of speed and took a few whacks in the process. Would be very handy for us. Birmingham booing players off 1 down at half time 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Noticed Gent was hooked in the 26th min by the Barnsley manager on his debut …an under 21 purge is going on ….It’s good that people are being sent out in the big bad world of men’s football …. Vale also on hit list if they can find any takers ..,, 

3 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Been watching the game. Shown great bursts of speed and took a few whacks in the process. Would be very handy for us. Birmingham booing players off 1 down at half time 

Bursts? Yes out of play he’s ran the ball out of play 3 times - been dispossessed numerous times in his own half all in all he’s had a shocker 

Surely whether its domestic or perhaps more likely, we can do better than Dembele.

We are talking about someone who Birmingham fans would seemigly be happy to let go, he was dropped from the squad last year. Undoubtedly quick and tricky but no intelligence and poor in the final third 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, unleaded said:

Noticed Gent was hooked in the 26th min by the Barnsley manager on his debut …an under 21 purge is going on ….It’s good that people are being sent out in the big bad world of men’s football …. Vale also on hit list if they can find any takers ..,, 

You hearing anything on incomings @unleaded?

Is Ryo Germain still a possibility?

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Bit harsh. Leonard has potential but needs a season of 1st team football. 

You may well be correct pal, maybe I am harsh 

10 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Bursts? Yes out of play he’s ran the ball out of play 3 times - been dispossessed numerous times in his own half all in all he’s had a shocker 

Has speed no one in our squad has. In our set up and the counter attacking football we play I think he'd do a good job. 

Second Japanese is still of interest .. It will depend on the goali situation… If he’s from abroad then they will have to wait for siggy to move out … Winger they made enquiries about was El Gazi who’s gone to Cardif now ….,

I definitely wouldn’t want Dembele Senior here … he’s wages are high and Brum would ask too much anyways also he Hoggs the ball too much going up dead alleys & we got Dolan who already does that frustrating skill ….Eustace wants him nobody else … 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Second Japanese is still of interest .. It will depend on the goali situation… If he’s from abroad then they will have to wait for siggy to move out … Winger they made enquiries about was El Gazi who’s gone to Cardif now ….,

I definitely wouldn’t want Dembele Senior here … he’s wages are high and Brum would ask too much anyways also he Hoggs the ball too much going up dead alleys & we got Dolan who already does that frustrating skill ….Eustace wants him nobody else … 

This was my thinking regarding the De Lange deal. If we went for him we would use the last foreign spot, right? We need some patience to have max flexibility in transfers if we sell Smod. 

4 hours ago, Polky said:

Lewis Baker scored the winner for Stoke today. I’m sure Stoke won’t want to lose him and after last nights performance, I can’t see Rovers wanting to swap Travis.

Edit: Gallagher is out until early September with a Calf injury.

Another calf injury!! His calves are made of tissue paper. Best business of the summer getting £15m. even if it does just disappear into the Venkys Black Hole. 

• Like 1