BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 hours ago, Polky said:

Lewis Baker scored the winner for Stoke today. I’m sure Stoke won’t want to lose him and after last nights performance, I can’t see Rovers wanting to swap Travis.

Edit: Gallagher is out until early September with a Calf injury.

Unbelievably good business getting rid of Gallagher - reckon Stoke will be ruing his signing by the end of September!

As for Travis, he was excellent last night and as I have posted on here several times, when he first burst on the scene with Rovers he was a box to box midfielder capable of driving runs and the ability to pick a pass.  IMO, his real ability was completely stifled by Mowbray and his career regressed badly.  If the form he showed last night becomes the 'norm' then it would be madness not to keep him.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Is this some Waggott tactic to convince Peterborough to take a lesser sell on fee % for Szmodics?

Or to placate Barry Fry cos Sammie is staying and he won’t get any sell on 🤞🤞

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Second Japanese is still of interest .. It will depend on the goali situation… If he’s from abroad then they will have to wait for siggy to move out … Winger they made enquiries about was El Gazi who’s gone to Cardif now ….,

I definitely wouldn’t want Dembele Senior here … he’s wages are high and Brum would ask too much anyways also he Hoggs the ball too much going up dead alleys & we got Dolan who already does that frustrating skill ….Eustace wants him nobody else … 

Any ideas on keepers? Is the french league looked at or is that gossip 

12 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Or to placate Barry Fry cos Sammie is staying and he won’t get any sell on 🤞🤞

Sad thing is, Barry fry would be a upgrade on anyone within the Ewood boardroom.

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

He's bloody rubbish, come on.

Leonard has potential,needs work on his composure in front of goal but showed good movement in his appearances.

He needs a run of regular games and Peterborough would be a very good loan for him 

• Like 4

Just now, islander200 said:

Leonard has potential,needs work on his composure in front of goal but showed good movement in his appearances.

He needs a run of regular games and Peterborough would be a very good loan for him 

i think he has potential,always gets in the right positions but lacks aggresion imo,a loan out is ideal for him,he certainly offers more than vale,who should jettisoned immediately

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

So Szmodics was a Liverpool fan until he was 15, then became a West Ham fan. Glad that’s sorted, it was becoming quite the saga!

Yet more in common with Craig Bellamy, boyhood fan of every club he played for...except Rovers 🤣

Sammie did shush the Ipswich fans i think so not the thing you'd do to a clubs fans you've any affinity for.

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Ipswich have a rivalry with Colchester. Szmodics playing for them is a bit like Adam Wharton signing for Bolton. Not unforgivable but a little weird. 

Lol, mate, I'm from Ipswich and I can assure you not a single person would care that he played for Colchester.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Unbelievably good business getting rid of Gallagher - reckon Stoke will be ruing his signing by the end of September!

As for Travis, he was excellent last night and as I have posted on here several times, when he first burst on the scene with Rovers he was a box to box midfielder capable of driving runs and the ability to pick a pass.  IMO, his real ability was completely stifled by Mowbray and his career regressed badly.  If the form he showed last night becomes the 'norm' then it would be madness not to keep him.

So do you think that he has forgotten how to pass due to Mowbray?  

He has never been a good passer.

1 hour ago, AAK said:

He's bloody rubbish, come on.

Wouldn't go as far as to call him rubbish but he needs a good amount of consistent game time to see where he is.

Certainly wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

Edited by davulsukur

40 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I thought he was injured and weeks away from playing football. On face of it, a good loan provided we bring replacement player in.

Agreed. They play good football. If he clicks, like Scott Wharton and Hayden Carter we will get back a decent player. He needs game time to be judged / build.

21 minutes ago, DE. said:

Lol, mate, I'm from Ipswich and I can assure you not a single person would care that he played for Colchester.

I was coming at it more from his perspective, not Ipswich's.

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

I was coming at it more from his perspective, not Ipswich's.

Honestly doubt it would even enter his mind. Colchester fans might be a little jealous of Ipswich's success, but that's as far as it goes. It'd be the equivalent of a rivalry between Rovers and Accrington, or Rochdale. Basically irrelevant to players and fans alike. 

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Honestly doubt it would even enter his mind. Colchester fans might be a little jealous of Ipswich's success, but that's as far as it goes. It'd be the equivalent of a rivalry between Rovers and Accrington, or Rochdale. Basically irrelevant to players and fans alike. 

Apparently a good portion of Ipswich's season ticket holders come from Colchester.

Anyway, are we signing a new GK or are we resigned to being relegated this season?