BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Meanwhile Mvogo is available for a fair price, it is claimed. This is due to having a mere year remaining on his existing contract with the Stade du Moustoir side.

apparently Leicester interested, but struggling with selling Iversen who is supposed to be valued at 1.5m which both Derby and Sheffield U find too high. 

£1.5m for Iversen would be a steal, cracking keeper. 

• Like 2

Mvogo absolutely no chance he's coming here.

Sigurdsson moving on makes sense to me.

Buckley however makes absolutely no sense, we're very light in midfield we can't be letting another go.

That Germain looks am interesting one, not a winger by looks of it but could help fill Szmodics departure.

This germain chap isn’t quick, why are we looking at another OAP on the cheap for our last slot, we should be getting someone with pace.

All this doesn’t sound good to me, loosing these player and rat maggot will still only want 3 players…Fuck all will be spent and the way the szmodics saga is going on, we’ll have him for a few more weeks yet! 

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

This germain chap isn’t quick, why are we looking at another OAP on the cheap for our last slot, we should be getting someone with pace.

He's 29 same age as Szmodics hardly an OAP.

He's actually pretty quick is Germain, not lightning quick but for all the bluster about adding loads of pace I dont actually believe that we will.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BRFCethan said:

At the bottom of the sig one, Buckley could move on permanently 

Screenshot_20240811_100859_Patreon.jpg

Screenshot_20240811_100917_Patreon.jpg

I don't know when Ipswich get their Premier League money, or how much of its in installments but I'm struggling to see them not paying the £500k to land Szmodics. It's peanuts to them either way now.

Bizarre that they would hold off on a deal, making him miss all their pre season as well as ours just for £500k.

Nixon repeating  its his belief that it  is £500k holding the Szmodic deal up , we want £9 million  guaranteed they have offered £8.5 ,will rise up with clauses such as goals scored,staying up and if they come down and get promoted again with Szmodic still with them 

My gut feeling now is that we have the budget for a Keeper, Lb and a winger and 2 of those 3 will be loans.

Then, assuming Sammie goes we have Ryo lined up and if we move on Bucko and Siggy then they would be replaced. Can’t see us spending more than a couple of million.

Will be interesting to see if Ryo Germain lines up today for his club today .. scored 15 in 20 games so far over taking Yuki Ohashi who scored 11 before travelling to the UK ….Think he’s a Brazilian / USA/ Japanese mix …Looks excellent with his head .. strong as an ox & holds the ball up well & is a Sharp harp in the box ….. Everyting Siggy isn’t……

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Will be interesting to see if Ryo Germain lines up today for his club today .. scored 15 in 20 games so far over taking Yuki Ohashi who scored 11 before travelling to the UK ….Think he’s a Brazilian / USA/ Japanese mix …Looks excellent with his head .. strong as an ox & holds the ball up well & is a Sharp harp in the box ….. Everyting Siggy isn’t……

He will.play because we are nowhere near close with it.

"Interested" is as far as it has gone.

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

My gut feeling now is that we have the budget for a Keeper, Lb and a winger and 2 of those 3 will be loans.

Then, assuming Sammie goes we have Ryo lined up and if we move on Bucko and Siggy then they would be replaced. Can’t see us spending more than a couple of million.

I reckon we'll have 2 lists of targets. Nothing will be done until after 20th August though.

Szmodics to be sold and either we spend a bit, if the owners win the case.

Or, the Szmodics fee goes into running costs and we go for our B list, which is mainly free/cheap transfers or loans only, should they lose in court.

Edit: post wasn't written well.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

Its looks Rovers are very busy at the minute chasing targets and trying to agree deals. Looks like we have moved on from Drommel now and chasing a UK based keeper target

25 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Don’t understand how we can make Buckley leave. Who is going to cover for Trav and Tronstad? 

Probably won't go until we sign 2 players in cover for those 2. From how we play do we need a deep lay midfielder playmaker? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its looks Rovers are very busy at the minute chasing targets and trying to agree deals. Looks like we have moved on from Drommel now and chasing a UK based keeper target

Probably won't go until we sign 2 players in cover for those 2. From how we play do we need a deep lay midfielder playmaker? 

Got Brad Collins all over it, absent from the Cov squad yesterday.

I think it's nice to have a variety in midfield, do you really think we are going to sign 2 midfielders? I just don't see it.

9 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Doesn’t strike me as a number 10 or a winger…If Leonard is on his way then makes sense to go for him…Personally wish we’d utilise our last foreign spot on a quick direct young prospect.

Keskinen would of ticked those boxes.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

Im sure he said last week that Germain wouls be our 4th ESC player so he must have got that wrong. We need a pacy winger which Germain is not.

Sigurdsson can go but we dont have the depth without 2 signings to let Buckley go.

Based on what are we chasing a domestic target? Probably pensioner Ruddy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I don't know when Ipswich get their Premier League money, or how much of its in installments but I'm struggling to see them not paying the £500k to land Szmodics. It's peanuts to them either way now.

Bizarre that they would hold off on a deal, making him miss all their pre season as well as ours just for £500k.

Technically doesn't even matter, they are owned by a hedge fund and are loaded.  Ipswich were spending more on wages when they were in League 1 than Rovers were spending in the Championship.  The narrative of "plucky upstarts Ipswich" is fake news

6th richest owners in the Prem apparently https://www.givemesport.com/ranking-premier-league-clubs-owners-how-rich-they-are/#:~:text=Net worth%3A £10.8 billion,Arizona-based Three Lions fund.

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Got Brad Collins all over it, absent from the Cov squad yesterday.

I think it's nice to have a variety in midfield, do you really think we are going to sign 2 midfielders? I just don't see it.

Could possible be Collins, Played 28 games last season in the Championship for Coventry. 

We see in the next 19 days. Lets hope the fax machine doesn't get burn out 🤣

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Doesn’t strike me as a number 10 or a winger…If Leonard is on his way then makes sense to go for him…Personally wish we’d utilise our last foreign spot on a quick direct young prospect.

Keskinen would of ticked those boxes.

That's why we want to sell Sigurdsson so we have 2 spots open

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im sure he said last week that Germain would be our 4th ESC player so he must have got that wrong. We need a pacy winger which Germain is not.

We are interest in him and if he was to sign then he would be our 4th ESC player but we want to sell Sigurdsson so we have another free spot for another target from overseas. He hasn't say a name or position yet

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Based on what are we chasing a domestic target? Probably pensioner Ruddy.

Could be a range of potential targets. 

42 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

All this doesn’t sound good to me, loosing these player and rat maggot will still only want 3 players…Fuck all will be spent and the way the szmodics saga is going on, we’ll have him for a few more weeks yet! 

Szmodics isn't quick either, don't get the point, also about same age as Sammie so hardly oap.

He would be a replacement if he goes, they will still be looking at wide players with pace I imagine.

Going to be a busy 3 weeks or so ...

Screenshot_20240811-090743.png

Edited by Tugayisgod