BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He is an ok passer at best and that has never changed. The season he had in Mowbray's final season where he was beside Rothwell in front of a back 3 was arguably his best to date.

Brereton, Lenihan, Armstrong and Rothwell are amongst those who certainly didnt regress under Mowbray. I dont think Travis did either, if he regressed under anyone then it was Tomasson because he didnt suit that style of play and it led to a season in which he barely played.

Mowbray played passing football for one season which didnt work and was a wasted season and then went to a counter attacking style often with less of the ball when Travis and the team massively improved. Hopefully he will also suit Eustace's football as he should do considering we are quite direct and also he has Tronstad as the perfect foil.

You said "his real ability was stifled" but he has never really changed. He is not a player you want in a team that dominates the ball.

Mowbray never cured Lenihan’s failings. He was drawn to the ball far too easily for a centre half when he first played there and he was just as bad when he left. He also never got more than half an hour per game out of Rothwell. Armstrong became  a greedy player when he got established and nothing changed there. Contrast him with Sammi who scores goals and makes goals for other players. Brererton was an enigma we should have never signed in the first place.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Gueye, Ohashi, Siggy- who is the fourth foreign player? 

26 minutes ago, neophox said:

Wasn't it mafoumbi from France? 

Before it was Wahlstedt but he left.

ESC sports currently taken by Ohashi, Mafoumbi and maybe Sigurdsson (Siggy looks borderline that he may have qualified for a normal work permit over the course of last season)

Gueye qualified for a work permit (more games at the same level as Kaminski, who also qualified for a work permit)

Rovers have at least 1 ESC spot left at present (maybe 2 depending on Siggy situation),

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TommyRovers said:

Ipswich have a rivalry with Colchester. Szmodics playing for them is a bit like Adam Wharton signing for Bolton. Not unforgivable but a little weird. 

I've said it before ... Szmodicz still hopes another prem club comes in for him... Ipswich not his nr 1 choice... hopefully he stays and tries to win the league here!

10 hours ago, rigger said:

Given the choice what would be best for the Rovers - Keeping Szmodics, or signing a good first choice keeper. I would go for the keeper.

I would do booth... Szmodicz is lethal even when not 100%. Think he will be even better this season.

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Also qualified for a work permit outright. Dutch division, like the Belgian one, is strong enough

Not sure. This is from the official Rovers article when Tronstad signed.

"He will officially become a Blackburn Rovers player – along with fellow summer signing Niall Ennis – on July 1st, subject to him receiving a Governing Body Endorsement and international clearance."

28 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I reckon we'll have 2 lists of targets. Nothing will be done until after 20th August though.

Szmodics to be sold and either we spend a bit, if the owners win the case.

Or, the Szmodics fee goes into running costs and we go for our B list, which is mainly free/cheap transfers or loans only, should they lose in court.

Edit: post wasn't written well.

Makes sense mate.

I think a couple will get done (Keeper, winger…etc) regardless of 20th. In Rudy’s interview he looked ‘smug’ about a couple getting done…

Completely agree that the replacements for SS, Bucko, Siggy etc may be held back until after 20th. 👍🏼

Just now, goozburger said:

Not sure. This is from the official Rovers article when Tronstad signed.

"He will officially become a Blackburn Rovers player – along with fellow summer signing Niall Ennis – on July 1st, subject to him receiving a Governing Body Endorsement and international clearance."

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23591717.blackburn-rovers-set-sign-sondre-tronstad-vitesse-arnhem-exit/

I am sure

"Tronstad qualifies for a work permit because of his extensive minutes with Vitesse, "

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Szmodics isn't quick either, don't get the point, also about same age as Sammie so hardly oap.

He would be a replacement if he goes, they will still be looking at wide players with pace I imagine.

Going to be a busy 3 weeks or so ...

What’s the long term plan with signing a player who’s 29? We sign him on another one year deal like the others? 

Shite if you ask me but not surprising with these owners.

Pretty sure they have a foreign spot left... Think what he means is that the issue is that we only have 1 left and don't know how to fill it. Ryo Germain looks a potential bargain, I'd be looking to get that one done before other clubs step in. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Will be interesting to see if Ryo Germain lines up today for his club today .. scored 15 in 20 games so far over taking Yuki Ohashi who scored 11 before travelling to the UK ….Think he’s a Brazilian / USA/ Japanese mix …Looks excellent with his head .. strong as an ox & holds the ball up well & is a Sharp harp in the box ….. Everyting Siggy isn’t……

Yes please. Rudy's Japanese Blues 💙 

Germain predominantly scores with his left and his head, and has 0 assists which is a little worrying. Good option on as left attacker or no. 9, and Hedges can play in different positions so we're flexible in that sense.

Sigurdsson can leave, Buckley has had a little bit of bad luck but seems to have stagnated so if we can get a fee for him and replace him then I'll be okay with that.

Do people rate Collins?

13 minutes ago, KentExile said:

ESC sports currently taken by Ohasi, Mafoumbi and maybe Sigurdsson (Siggy looks borderline line he may have qualified for a normal work permit over the course of last season)

Gueye qualified for a work permit (more games at the same level as Kaminski, who also qualified for a work permit)

Rovers have at least 1 ESC spot left at present (maybe 2 depending on Siggy situation),

I’m pretty sure we have one spot left…but I guess what we (the fans) don’t know is how many esc type signings we have lined up.

Based on the credible rumours we’ve heard, I think we’re probably lining up a foreign winger that would take one spot and then Ryo if / when we sell SS. Which means we would have to move one out, like Siggy?

Either way, looks like we’re in for a busy three weeks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Chaddy vindicated with Josh Maja - credit where it’s due, he looked lethal y’day.

And we thought our defence was bad. QPR look like a pub team. I don’t think the issue with Maja was doubts about his playing ability. The concerns were over his ability to stay fit.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ryo Germain is out of contract at the end of January 2025. So wouldn't cost alot 

2024: 20 apps, 15 goals 0 assists

2023: 31 apps, 9 goals 3 assists

2022: 29 apps, 3 goals 0 assists

22 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Szmodics isn't quick either, don't get the point, also about same age as Sammie so hardly oap.

He would be a replacement if he goes, they will still be looking at wide players with pace I imagine.

Going to be a busy 3 weeks or so ...

Screenshot_20240811-090743.png

Sammi looked quick enough at Leicester last season. And that was with both legs strapped.

• Like 3