BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Where’s the British keeper info from?

If Buckley goes we need 2 CMs

Good riddance to Siggy, he’s been a waste  of space.

This Ryo chap looks like a forward who plays centrally from the clips I’ve seen.

We’re still quite a few players short, especially as the likes of JRC and Hedges are going to get injured at some point. 

45 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Doesn’t strike me as a number 10 or a winger…If Leonard is on his way then makes sense to go for him…Personally wish we’d utilise our last foreign spot on a quick direct young prospect.

Keskinen would of ticked those boxes.

Supposedly lost out to Aberdeen

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

This Ryo chap looks like a forward who plays centrally from the clips I’ve seen.

We’re still quite a few players short, especially as the likes of JRC and Hedges are going to get injured at some point. 

Nice article on Germain here.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/usmnt-americans-abroad/2024/4/18/24132103/ryo-germain-usmnt-usa-united-states-japan-j-league-striker-call-up-jubilo-iwata-goals-national-team

Ohashi and Germain are both relatively low risk signings. Cheap and probably not on the highest wages. From what I can see the J-League average salararies are well below the US Major League for example.

Definitely adding hard working players and getting rid of the lazy ones (Siggy/Bucko) and I think that's something it's easy for the fans to appreciate.

• Like 3

Just now, Forever Blue said:

Ipswich really are a cheap, tinpot club if they’re quibbling over £500k 

He's missed a lot of valuable training sessions with his new team (and us for that matter) and that alone should be worth £500k for them. They're getting our fittest player so he'll hit the ground running either way.

4 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Dont think so.....was it ever confirmed he was a target or just people on here putting two and two together? I thought the wide men we were/are after is the one who has gone to Cardiff and Dembele?

Thought it was said, we had a bid rejected in January. 

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

He will.play because we are nowhere near close with it.

"Interested" is as far as it has gone.

You were saying the same thing the day Nixon linked us with Big Mak ,3 days later he signed 

You can't possibly know if discussions with the player have taken place

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

From nixon he was asked if we are keeping a foreign slot for the goalkeeper, and he said number one choice for the keeper position wouldn't take one of the overseas slots 

• Like 1

I believe the Ipswich 500k gap on Sammy is not true. 

Apparently it is much bigger with Ipswich low balling and moving very slowly. The only number we have heard authoritatively is their 6m initial offer. 

Obviously age is a factor but Sammy scored more goals last season than any of Stewart, Gyokeres, Akpom, Mitrovic (46m for a 29 year old!), Assombalonga, Gayle, Bowen, Toney, Maupay, Watkins and Adam Armstrong did before their treansfers which between them averaged just over 20m in transfer fees.

An asking price of 15m and accepting 12m would be very reasonable in that context. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Supposedly lost out to Aberdeen

We need to have put a bid in to have lost out to them

He started following the club and the initial interest was last season under Broughton and the old recruitment staff

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

I believe the Ipswich 500k gap on Sammy is not true. 

Apparently it is much bigger with Ipswich low balling and moving very slowly. The only number we have heard authoritatively is their 6m initial offer. 

Obviously age is a factor but Sammy scored more goals last season than any of Stewart, Gyokeres, Akpom, Mitrovic (46m for a 29 year old!), Assombalonga, Gayle, Bowen, Toney, Maupay, Watkins and Adam Armstrong did before their treansfers which between them averaged just over 20m in transfer fees.

An asking price of 15m and accepting 12m would be very reasonable in that context. 

West Ham just bought 31-year old Fullkrüg for a fee believed to be £27m and signed him to a 4-year contract.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Sigurdsson's contract expires in june 2025 so what's the difference if PAOK want him on loan for the season?

Gets his wages off the books a year earlier, and we can replace him with a cheaper wage.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Sigurdsson's contract expires in june 2025 so what's the difference if PAOK want him on loan for the season?

If he currently takes up an ESC spot, then I am pretty sure he still takes one up if he is away on loan, but not if he is sold, as well as other factors that have been mentioned such as sell on clauses (even if it was a free transfer)

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, islander200 said:

From nixon he was asked if we are keeping a foreign slot for the goalkeeper, and he said number one choice for the keeper position wouldn't take one of the overseas slots 

Did he mean the keeper could still be foreign, but qualify for a work permit? Or did he say the keeper is British?

£15m for Szmodics. There’s no way he doesn’t replicate his form to some extent, after Friday. Half-fit and off the bench, he gets a goal and an assist (albeit against a chaotic defence). 

I’d be telling him to bide his time til January where bigger clubs will be getting twitchy. Bournemouth have lost Solanke, Brentford could still lose Toney. Everton are somehow considering signing Calvert-Lewin to a ridiculous deal. Any of those three or some clubs higher up start misfiring, he’ll be laughing and more likely to get a bigger deal with a team actually capable of staying up.

In the meantime, he’ll probably win us enough points to be comfortably away from relegation that we could “afford” to lose him.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Ipswich really are a cheap, tinpot club if they’re quibbling over £500k 

Likewise if it's true, as a player would Szmodics even want to play for a cash rich team (at present) that won't stump up that amount? Seems an odd story which I find hard to believe. Chaddy the parrot will of course say Alan Nixon has been correct with backroom stories this last few months, obviously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mowbray never cured Lenihan’s failings. He was drawn to the ball far too easily for a centre half when he first played there and he was just as bad when he left. He also never got more than half an hour per game out of Rothwell. Armstrong became  a greedy player when he got established and nothing changed there. Contrast him with Sammi who scores goals and makes goals for other players. Brererton was an enigma we should have never signed in the first place.

Im not saying he turned these players into flawless players. But Lenihan was in and out and often used in midfield where he struggled prior to Mowbray, and then became a good Championship centre back capable of playing in a promotion chasing side. Armstrong scored 28 goals and became a consistent goalscorer before attracting a Premier League side. And Rothwell went from in and out of a League 1 Oxford to attracting a Premier League side. All 3 noticeably improved under Mowbray.

18 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Did he mean the keeper could still be foreign, but qualify for a work permit? Or did he say the keeper is British?

He said the first choice goalkeeper of we get him wouldn't take one of the foreigner slots