BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

29 minutes ago, pick32 said:

I like Siggy hope he stays and gets to play AM

The two new lads showed more in their first appearances than hes shown in his entire time here.

We need grafters not shirkers.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He said the first choice goalkeeper of we get him wouldn't take one of the foreigner slots 

One of the ESC slots..

You can say more players from overseas if they qualify for work permit without taking an ESC slot

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He said the first choice goalkeeper of we get him wouldn't take one of the foreigner slots 

Excuse me being pedantic, but do you/Nixon mean the keeper if we get him would not take up one of the ESC slots?

There are 4 ESC slots available, but 25 man squads can have up to 17 foreign (non home grown) players in them

Edit - Chaddy seems to have answered this

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Ah so Chaddy wasn’t necessarily accurate when he said we were after a British keeper. 

edit: actually he said ‘uk based’ rather than British. So it could mean a foreign keeper currently at a British club. 

Its like peeling an onion..,.and will probably also end in tears!

Edited by Forever Blue

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The two new lads showed more in their first appearances than hes shown in his entire time here.

A tad hyperbol there? Siggy scored 7 goals and had 4 assists in 34 games for us last season (alot of which would have been off the bench) which isn't a bad return.

• Like 1

Personally would keep Szmodics, current squad simply doesn’t allow a sale and I’m not willing to take the risk of the money being spent correctly. The current squad with Sammie would stay up, without him it would not.

Siggy now qualifies for a permit with 14/15 points - so the concept of us selling him to open an ESC spot simply doesn’t make sense. If we need to open an ESC spot we just need to prove Sigurdsson now qualifies and get him a permit. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Siggy now qualifies for a permit with 14/15 points - so the concept of us selling him to open an ESC spot simply doesn’t make sense. If we need to open an ESC spot we just need to prove Sigurdsson now qualifies and get him a permit. 

16 points. Qualifies and it’s just a bit of paperwork to open up an ESC spot. 

IMG_7222.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

IMG_7222.jpeg

Does anybody at the cub know ??? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J*B said:

IMG_7222.jpeg

I imagine there's nobody at Rovers that realises this.

Or just can't be arsed with the paperwork.

Or it could be we just want him and his wages off the books and it's nothing to do with the ESC spot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I imagine there's nobody at Rovers that realises this.

Or just can't be arsed with the paperwork.

Or it could be we just want him and his wages off the books and it's nothing to do with the ESC spot.

I think they're just trying to get his wages off the books tbh.

• Like 4

The main problem with Sigurdsson, for me anyway, is that he appears to be made out of pink wafers and it's never long before his next injury strikes. Never had a consistent run of games and ultimately has never got properly up to speed with the championship. 

• Like 3

They will be trying to move Siggy on because of his salary and the fact he has a year left. Bet he’s another of the 15k a week brigade. Surely not worth the money to miss so many games with injury and sit on the bench.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Browjd said:

Have to say love the ballsiness of rovers playing SS. Not many clubs (and in our financial predicament) would have….

We’re in good financial shape, we’ve just raked in £25m, spent nowt, and the billionaire owners can send money over whenever they want. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yeah, maybe. Maybe he’s thought:

I could earn three times more money, play at the highest level in English football and as a father to a young daughter, be 20 minutes away from my family. 

Then one Saturday he woke up and thought: 

Actually, we’ve just beaten Derby 4-2. Despite there being no money, major uncertainty and no progress, I’ll stay here. 

I didn’t know you knew him.

Maybe his daughters first words were ‘Szmodsy lad, please stay at Rovers’

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Yeah, maybe. Maybe he’s thought:

I could earn three times more money, play at the highest level in English football and as a father to a young daughter, be 20 minutes away from my family. 

Then one Saturday he woke up and thought: 

Actually, we’ve just beaten Derby 4-2. Despite there being no money, major uncertainty and no progress, I’ll stay here. 

What if you don’t feel wanted at all from the buying club, but feel very at home And appreciated where you are? 

• Like 1

If he moves to Ipswich he’s going to be rich beyond his wildest dreams. At 29, he will never get this opportunity again. I’ll eat my hat if he doesn’t get the move, I don’t care what anyone says about his attitude if he hasn’t moved in 2 weeks he will force one. And rightfully so. 

• Like 9