BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, alexanders said:

What if you don’t feel wanted at all from the buying club, but feel very at home And appreciated where you are? 

In the words of the immortal Wu Tang Clan 

Cash

Rules 

Everything 

Around 

Me 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wind up merchant

Probably his mate John Park has had a word. Hey Al, put a story out there that the owners would like to keep him now. That should get Ipswich to bump up the offer and pay us what we want.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

In the words of the immortal Wu Tang Clan 

Cash

Rules 

Everything 

Around 

Me 

Sammy’s career moves have been highly influenced by Notorious B.I.G. ‘Mo Money, Mo Problems’, his philosophical musings on the spiritual cost of excessive wealth.

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

From nixon he was asked if we are keeping a foreign slot for the goalkeeper, and he said number one choice for the keeper position wouldn't take one of the overseas slots 

That doesnt mean he is British, he could qualify by playing in a recognised as a high enough standard league.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Sammy’s career moves have been highly influenced by Notorious B.I.G. ‘Mo Money, Mo Problems’, his philosophical musings on the spiritual cost of excessive wealth.

Sorry.

If you got a job offer offering you 5 times your salary you'd say no? I want to stay loyal even though there's a high risk of redundancy?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, philipl said:

I believe the Ipswich 500k gap on Sammy is not true. 

Apparently it is much bigger with Ipswich low balling and moving very slowly. The only number we have heard authoritatively is their 6m initial offer. 

Obviously age is a factor but Sammy scored more goals last season than any of Stewart, Gyokeres, Akpom, Mitrovic (46m for a 29 year old!), Assombalonga, Gayle, Bowen, Toney, Maupay, Watkins and Adam Armstrong did before their treansfers which between them averaged just over 20m in transfer fees.

An asking price of 15m and accepting 12m would be very reasonable in that context. 

I'd ask 15m, and except 15m. If the transfer was to fall through, and Szmodics sulked ( I very much doubt it ), as people have regularly said, we wouldn't see much of the money for replacements anyway. Only the Venkys would loose. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BRFC4EVA said:

A tad hyperbol there? Siggy scored 7 goals and had 4 assists in 34 games for us last season (alot of which would have been off the bench) which isn't a bad return.

He has quality but like i said he's largely a passenger who needs to be more team focused.

To put in context a busted Bradley Dack probably had similar stats.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Rovers are not in the wrong waiting for the valuation to be met .If Ipswich want him then pay the fee 

If we are truly willing to do a deal under £10 million then it is a bargain 

Struggling to see where you are coming from in your post.Rovers should bow down and accept a pathetic £8.5 million from Ipswich because we can't deny Szmodic his move.

I don't know about you JB but I'm a rovers fan first .Sammie can have his move if a club is willing to pay for him 

It’s weird a Rovers fan would actively encourage a contracted Rovers player to shit on the club!

Yeah I never said he was British did I ?I said he wouldn't take one of the slots 

I never said that you did. I was pointing out that because you are foreign, does not mean you automatically take one of the allocated special slots.

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It’s weird a Rovers fan would actively encourage a contracted Rovers player to shit on the club!

Exactly, I wouldn't begrudge him a move to the premier league but the fees being spoke about are too low imo 

Sammie saved us last season but it is a two way street....Sammie has been superb for us but Rovers have been very good for him aswell, he has transformed as a player since he signed here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

I never said that you did. I was pointing out that because you are foreign, does not mean you automatically take one of the allocated special slots.

Ok sorry you were just pointing out the obvious 

9 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Yet was up in arms about Gestede being appointed because he did the exact same thing he is encouraging Szmodics to do!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, J*B said:

If he moves to Ipswich he’s going to be rich beyond his wildest dreams. At 29, he will never get this opportunity again. I’ll eat my hat if he doesn’t get the move, I don’t care what anyone says about his attitude if he hasn’t moved in 2 weeks he will force one. And rightfully so. 

Very strange take that you want him to force a move, yet were very vocal about Gestede doing the same years ago when he was appointed.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Probably his mate John Park has had a word. Hey Al, put a story out there that the owners would like to keep him now. That should get Ipswich to bump up the offer and pay us what we want.

If that is Park's tactic I see nothing wrong with it.

42 minutes ago, FE123 said:

They will be trying to move Siggy on because of his salary and the fact he has a year left. Bet he’s another of the 15k a week brigade. Surely not worth the money to miss so many games with injury and sit on the bench.

Sigurdsson hasn't turn out to the player we want and given he is squad player here, Its right to let him leave and bring in a replacement who can more of impact here under Eustace

32 minutes ago, J*B said:

If he moves to Ipswich he’s going to be rich beyond his wildest dreams. At 29, he will never get this opportunity again. I’ll eat my hat if he doesn’t get the move, I don’t care what anyone says about his attitude if he hasn’t moved in 2 weeks he will force one. And rightfully so. 

Well Ipswich need to offer us what we want. Given the amount of money they have spent on players who aren't proven in PL and Given Szmodics scored 33 goals last season compare to Liam Delap who scored 8 goals last season and they paid £15 million pounds for him, so haggling with us over small amount is a piss take.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

And yet you still didn't get it.

What didn't I get?I never said it was a British goalkeeper.

We already had tronstad who is foreign and doesn't use up one of the slots 

Next time il make sure I use the correct terminology for you Rigger

• Like 1

What didn't I get?I never said it was a British goalkeeper.

We already had tronstad who is foreign and doesn't use up one of the slots 

Next time il make sure I use the correct terminology for you Rigger

That's always a good decission.

We all know that any money for Szmodics is unlikely to be reinvested in the squad, so I've no issue in us keeping hold of him until we get what we want, the lad scored 33 goals. We flogged Wharton for below what he was worth. I can't see Szmodics kicking off or going on strike, from.1sr September, it's in his interest to keep scoring and playing.

I do however think we'll accept whatever is on offer on August 21st.....