BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

16 minutes ago, Gamst said:

Surely the value of something that is being sold is controlled by the seller as they either ultimately decide the price. You could offer me £50 for my car and if nobody else bids and I refuse to sell it to you, it doesn’t mean it’s worth £50. 

I could put my house on the market for £1million, doesn't make it worth it  

Price and value are different. The seller sets the price and the buyers decide whether it is reasonable based on its value. If you go to the shop and see a packet of crisps for sale for £10 youd say "that's not worth it". 

Value ultimately differs between parties as well. 

Edited by RoverDom

11 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Rovers decide his value not Ipswich or the market.

Pay what we want or piss off.

The value of a car, house, footballer, football club, business etc is what a buyer who has the means and will to complete on a transaction is willing to pay for it.

It really is that simple.

Just now, Penwortham Blue said:

Only if you have a willing seller, a reluctant seller can ask for whatever they want and any interested party can then make their own decisions.

and there you have just agreed with what I said!

Your reluctant seller has hiked the price and if the buyer won't pay then the value is overstated - it really is simple.

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The value of a car, house, footballer, football club, business etc is what a buyer who has the means and will to complete on a transaction is willing to pay for it.

Ipswich have over spend on players who aren't proven PL players and just spend £15m on Delap who Szmodics out scored 4 to 1. They were willing to spend £15m on him but not for Szmodics's pricing. 

If Ipswich want him, paid the price we want and don't come back. They know the price for weeks and yet again mess us around for weeks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Your reluctant seller has hiked the price and if the buyer won't pay then the value is overstated - it really is simple.

We don't have to sell him.

If Ipswich want to buy him then they have to pay what we have asked for. 

It really is that simple 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No, perceived value can be very different depending on perspective. I’m sure that, like me, you have suggested that we sold Adam W way to low but under your scenario, we received his value 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ipswich have over spend on players who aren't proven PL players and just spend £15m on Delap who Szmodics out scored 4 to 1. They were willing to spend £15m on him but not for Szmodics's pricing. 

If Ipswich want him, paid the price we want and don't come back. They know the price for weeks and yet again mess us around for 

Then Rovers are over valuing Szmodics as no one is prepared to pay the asking price.  Simple as.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 6

We all know this anyway but somebody is telling porkies. £9m plus bonuses for Szmodics is a bargain. Out of that we'll be paying Peterborough a sell on clause and Szmodics will probably get one of these ridiculous loyalty payments which are common these days. 

We'll bring in very little after deductions of which peanuts will be reinvested. With the quoted price it makes no sense to sell if Venkys are willing to cover running costs. They obviously don't want too, hence the desperation to sell. We were told the court case had no baring on the running of the club before Wharton was sold. It'll be same again. Lies, lies, lies.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We don't have to sell him.

If Ipswich want to buy him then they have to pay what we have asked for. 

It really is that simple 

No we don't have to sell Szmodics, however, the inescapable fact is his value is what someone is prepared to pay.

6 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

No, perceived value can be very different depending on perspective. I’m sure that, like me, you have suggested that we sold Adam W way to low but under your scenario, we received his value 🤷‍♂️

Wharton was grossly under valued.

I think it's reasonable to say Wharton was a distressed sale to keep the club alive.

Palace had us by the balls as Ipswich may have come 20 August if the court case goes against the Raos 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No we don't have to sell Szmodics, however, the inescapable fact is his value is what someone is prepared to pay.

It isn’t. His value is what Rovers say it is. Rovers own him. 

I can’t walk into a shop and dictate what I pay for the goods on sale. 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Yes, IF you have to sell, but we don’t have to sell, therefore they have to pay a price we are prepared to sell for. It is a sellers market NOT a buyers market. Big difference. 

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Then Rovers are over valuing Szmodics as no one is prepared to pay the asking price.  Simple as.

bollocks we are!!!!

Ipswich have over spend on Muric, Delap and Greaves. FFS! 

Szmodics out performed Delap 4 to 1 in terms goals. Delap 8 goals, Szmodics 33 goals. Yet Delap is worth £15m yet Szmodics who is his peak of his career is worth that money. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If you want to get rid of something I agree.

We don’t want to get rid of Szmodic.

36 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

39 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So if Rovers say he's worth £50million he's worth £50million!?!?  It's nonsense, his value is what someone is prepared to pay.

Anyone walking into a shop to buy say white goods and paying what the price tag says really does need to give their head a wobble!  It's called bartering and I've never failed yet to get a discount whether it be from Currys, John Lewis, Sky or BT.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3