BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 hours ago, ageoftherover said:

Leeds had everything to play for when we beat them at Elland Rd.

Not saying we were certs against Leicester obv, but the truth is, due to Eustaces tactics and the make-up of our squad, we were comparatively better as rank underdogs than we were favorites. That was true under JDT to some degree too.

Also, never like the "if x single event had happened differently the season would have panned out a different way." You could point to loads of examples across the past two seasons that would have swung our points total one way or another. Telalovic missed one I could have scored in the dying moments against Brum that would have made the last match academic. If Hedges hadn't have chipped we might be in the PL. Dozens more we could list. Theres always an element of what if in football. It's not really worth dwelling on too much.

I've said it all season, we are far better without the ball and catching teams on the break (usually better sides) than we are having the ball and building out from the back. Obviously having szmodics running on behind the opposition defence was a big part of that. We always looked fairly solid and at least ajrd to break down, most of the time since Eustace came in. It was the other end we struggled so many of those draws we could've nicked if we had decent options to chip in with szmodics.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers need to make his welcome and impress him again to convince him to come here. 

Wages won't be silly considering his wage at Orlando aren't much

I’d imagine he was fairly embarrassed having to return to Orlando after saying his goodbyes to them. If he has an equivalent offer from elsewhere then you’d think he’d take it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I've said it all season, we are far better without the ball and catching teams on the break (usually better sides) than we are having the ball and building out from the back. Obviously having szmodics running on behind the opposition defence was a big part of that. We always looked fairly solid and at least ajrd to break down, most of the time since Eustace came in. It was the other end we struggled so many of those draws we could've nicked if we had decent options to chip in with szmodics.

It’s a strange one really. The first 6 months of JDTs reign we got quite a few 1-0 wins at home because we’d nick a goal then sit deep. It was always odd to hear he didn’t have a Plan B when he could clearly set the team up to defend well. For the next 12 months he went to his Plan A which was open attacking football. We were 6th in Nov/Dec time then it fell apart due to injuries/JDT stubbornness/player unhappiness. 

Eustace has come in and reverted to JDTs Plan B. He’s good at setting up the defensive side but it’s clear he can’t hold a candle to JDT in regard to playing good football and playing through teams. He was also seen as a counterattacking manager at Brum so I doubt he’s going to come in and play expansive sexy football. But as Howard Kendall knew you build a successful team on a solid defence. If we can get a few attackers in with pace in the summer we could do ok next season. I  don’t think Eustace is as eusless as he’s being made out to be, but time will tell…

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 3

Can't blame McGuire for not wanting to join us. We must have looked like a real amateur outfit with the January balls up. 

We need to move on, heads have rolled it seems (Broughton, Silvester). Who knows if they were the ones culpable for this but we know Venkys/board pulled the plug on the first deal. 

Just a shitshow all round basically.

• Like 2

You have to go back 82 days to Feb 24th (14 games) to find a match where Rovers scored, but Sammie didn't.

In fact, over the final 13 games - Rovers scoring in 8 of them - only Sunderland away features a Rovers goalscorer not named Szmodics (and even then Sammie scored 2 - should have been 3 of the 5).

Szmodics was our only goalscorer in 7 of the last 13 games.

I (personally) like Sigurdsson, and think he's a player who (with a healthy and thorough pre-season) could push 10+ goals. Gallagher is usually around the 9 goal mark (this being his worst season), Dolan and Hedges can't/won't hit 10 between them. JRC could maybe have a shot at a half dozen. The defense/Sondre might add 5. Give Leonard 5.

That's an ambitious 45 goals. Rovers - with Szmodics - scored 60 this year (or 33 total from everyone else)

Cash in on Szmodics - without mass recruitment, and absolute best case scenario (even conveniently ignored the loss of him as a creative player), the best this team could realistically score is around the 1 goal a game mark. 

Only Rotherham, Sheff Wed and Millwall scored less than that this season. 

Eustess and his "style", with Hedges, Dolan, Gallagher, Leonard and Sigurdsson as his main men, will not score enough. 

(Huge) work needed.

• Like 5

Think McGuire will only come, IMO to the sh1t show called Rovers, if he has no other options and if he is only half as good as the hype then he should have plenty of options.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers need to make his welcome and impress him again to convince him to come here. 

Think you are in fantasy land.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you read that article he clearly wasn't "impressed" on how we do business. Money talks however and we might still get him if we make him an offer he cannot refuse. Expecting him to sign after the January and with low wages isn't being realistic. 

• Like 2

As much of f*ck up it was... His comments sort of piss me off...

You'll go WHEREVER IS PAYING YOU THE MOST. If it's Rovers, then you'll be here. This talk of it will take a lot, just say what you mean... It's about what club is willing to give you the most cash. 

Managers and footballers talk way too much these days. Most of it is complete soulless meaningless twaddle. 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Another total wum post. If you mean it then the straight jacket is incoming. 

Go on for your post I ask thee

.Who is there to welcome him ? Don't say maggot because that rat is as welcoming as a cactus up the brown star. Ask Andy Cole for advise on the shitstain

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Actually think if JDT was still here, this deal would be still on. I'm sure he'd be able to impress McGuire in a few meetings/phone calls, in that way.

Now it's Waggott and JE, it's dead in the water.

and this is exactly why other clubs are more ruthless with their staff choices. It's called ambition.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Actually think if JDT was still here, this deal would be still on. I'm sure he'd be able to impress McGuire in a few meetings/phone calls, in that way.

Now it's Waggott and JE, it's dead in the water.

Chance to learn from one of the best strikers of his era or JE ummmm.

I think McGuire could do a job here, as I’ve posted earlier.

I think it’s telling that he’s as forthcoming about the experience and it’s notable to be stating publicly that you would need a lot of convincing to complete the deal.

I am confident the higher ups will be demanding alternatives with a lower outlay, lower wages etc.

I do not think he’ll be a Rovers player come 1st September, which is a shame.

Im going to give Waggott two months to appoint a DoF and make interim transfer moves. If he doesn’t impress to a level that I currently think is beyond his capabilities (and I expect he won’t) then I’m going to be in his inbox every week outlining criticisms and asking when he plans to resign/what the circumstances have to be before he resigns.

Here’s the video version of the interview. He’s basically telling Rovers that they’ll need to pay him handsomely to come back over.

Fair enough to the lad, it’s our mistake so we’ll have to pay the wages he wants.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Polky said:

Here’s the video version of the interview. He’s basically telling Rovers that they’ll need to pay him handsomely to come back over.

Fair enough to the lad, it’s our mistake so we’ll have to pay the wages he wants.

Only if he is the player we want.

I’m gonna stick my neck out and say we can all but forget about spurious Norwegian 2nd division signings. I’d be VERY surprised if they want McGuire too…Swagg is at the wheel and my feeling is that we will focus on Championship experience and leveraging previous relationships.

• Like 1

You can't blame McGuire. That happens in every walk of life. You mess somebody around, the next time they deal with you there is a premium expected or else they won't bother

Good luck to him. He's obviously a talented player but unfortunately I doubt we will see him in Rovers' colours. Given he is American and young, I only hope he doesn't conflate that lot at board level with Rovers. They are a blight on our club at the moment and not a representation

• Like 5