BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

40 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Yes, IF you have to sell, but we don’t have to sell, therefore they have to pay a price we are prepared to sell for. It is a sellers market NOT a buyers market. Big difference. 

If the buyer is prepared to pay the price asked then that's the value, if not, asking price is overstated.  Not sure why folk are struggling to understand a very simple concept.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

bollocks we are!!!!

Ipswich have over spend on Muric, Delap and Greaves. FFS! 

Szmodics out performed Delap 4 to 1 in terms goals. Delap 8 goals, Szmodics 33 goals. Yet Delap is worth £15m yet Szmodics who is his peak of his career is worth that money. 

Irrelevant.

If the house next to yours Chaddy is sold for say £200k it doesn't necessarily mean yours is worth £200k - might be worth more or even less - its value is what someone will give you for it.

29 minutes ago, roverblue said:

If you want to get rid of something I agree.

We don’t want to get rid of Szmodic.

Do we not?  Waggott and Pasha might!

15 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Never heard such nonsense.

You don’t lower your asking price because the only team currently interested are refusing to meet it.

You want the player, you pay the asking price or make a compromise. Ipswich are doing neither.

when Rovers “lowball” other teams you scream bloody murder, when other teams “lowball” Rovers, we should bend over and accept their offers.

Yours is the nonsense Tommy.

If Rovers want to sell Szmodics, and maybe Waggott and Pasha do, if no one will pay the present asking price then Rovers will have to compromise.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

No. The player hasn't officially been transfer listed or told to leave, he's very much wanted and needed by the club, manager and fans, plus he's still got years left on his contract. 

So the club have every right to say well he's not officially for sale... but if you where to pay figure X that changes things and then it would become in the clubs interests to sell him at that price. 

Thats our valuation, not the markets valuation, as I said. 

1 hour ago, Gamst said:

Surely the value of something that is being sold is controlled by the seller as they either ultimately decide the price. You could offer me £50 for my car and if nobody else bids and I refuse to sell it to you, it doesn’t mean it’s worth £50. 

No, that’s your valuation. If the only bid you get for your car that’s up for sale is £50, which you don’t think is enough, then your personal valuation is higher than it’s market value. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

If Rovers want to sell Szmodics, and maybe Waggott and Pasha do, if no one will pay the present asking price then Rovers will have to compromise.

Rovers clearly aren't desperate to sell him if they're not accepting Ipswich's offer which falls below the asking price. 

If no pays the asking price or a suitable compromise then they don't get him, it's really that simple. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

Rovers decide his value not Ipswich or the market.

Pay what we want or piss off.

Rovers decide his value to Rovers, not his market value. 

• Like 1

Whilst it's lovely engaging in banter whilst quaffing beer in the garden on this glorious summer's day, I now need to sort the BBQ as cooking for 8 in an hour's time by which time Szmodics might have gone!!!

Enjoy your evening guys.

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

Don't be ridiculous.

Certainly not a passer of the ball in the Tugay or Wharton mould but certainly not as bad as what you are intimating.

The tip, tappety sh1te Mowbray wanted in our half of the field certainly didn't suit Travis.  However, as I said, when he first broke through, he could certainly pick a pass offensively as he demonstrated last night with that ball to Brittain which led to our 1st goal.

IMO, Mowbray shackled Travis and forced him into a role he wasn't suited to.  Yet another player who regressed under Mowbray.

Echo that.  My early memories of Trav were a player who would win the ball turn and surge forward.  Was then dropped and when he re-appeared here comes the sideways and back game.  I saw one instance of old Trav yesterday hope to see.more.  I agree with Merc on Trav.

• Like 4

Just now, Mercer said:

Whilst it's lovely engaging in banter whilst quaffing beer in the garden on this glorious summer's day, I now need to sort the BBQ as cooking for 8 in an hour's time by which time Szmodics might have gone!!!

Enjoy your evening guys.

What you.making?

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If my Dad was my brother i'd be a Burnley fan... It's all conjecture from your side. The fact is it's a sellers market, simple as that, Rovers set his value nobody else

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

I don't blame Ipswich for thinking we might be very keen to do a lower price deal post court case, for all we know someone this end has planted those seeds in their heads.

However as said above they really then risk other clubs suddenly jumping in low then an auction and you end up at a bigger or similar fee anyway.

If they really want him though 9 million with reasonable add ons is fair and i doubt they'll end up paying less whatever happens now.

We could do with him carrying on his form from last season, as he did against Derby on Friday night.

I think it'd quickly allay fears that he's a one season wonder and someone would pay whatever our asking price is for him.

We'll also obviously benefit in the short term too.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

So if Rovers say he's worth £50million he's worth £50million!?!?  It's nonsense, his value is what someone is prepared to pay.

Anyone walking into a shop to buy say white goods and paying what the price tag says really does need to give their head a wobble!  It's called bartering and I've never failed yet to get a discount whether it be from Currys, John Lewis, Sky or BT.

If Ipswich are only prepared to pay a tenner is he only worth a tenner? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We could do with him carrying on his form from last season, as he did against Derby on Friday night.

I think it'd quickly allay fears that he's a one season wonder and someone would pay whatever our asking price is for him.

We'll also obviously benefit in the short term too.

Plus dangling a new contract in front of him but they don't really want that do they, they want the money for running costs and virtue signalling to India.

Meanwhile it seems it's the owners not budging on this one.