BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I'm sure John Park knows Szmodics is a goner and wants him out sooner rather than later so they can get on with the A list of incomings. Don't know if it's because Nicko is getting fed info again, but we do seem a tad more effective in the backroom than prior. Will be an exciting few weeks. And a proper send-off for our hero from last season, I wish him all the best in the PL.

6 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Being fed from the club, just trying to get Ipswich to fork out what we want. Bottle of red from SW and John Park incoming.

Yeah I’m sure the Ipswich board spend their Sundays going through Alan Nixon’s Twitter feed. That should close the deal! 

Simple way out of this if SS really wants to go he can hand in a transfer request and forfeit any pay off from Rovers thus allowing us to accept the £8.5m 

• Like 5

I had another reply from my friend in Ipswich. 

Rovers told Ipswich they wanted £ 8 million plus £2 million of add ons( if Ipswich stayed in the prem and appearances) 

Ipswich agreed to this but then Rovers backed out of the deal wanting more. 

Don't shoot the messenger! 

59 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Irrelevant.

If the house next to yours Chaddy is sold for say £200k it doesn't necessarily mean yours is worth £200k - might be worth more or even less - its value is what someone will give you for it.

It isn't irrelevant at all Mercer, Ipswich have spend millions on unproven PL talent and £15m on an average striker like Delap whilst Szmodics out scored by 25 goals. Yes that it 25 goals. 

Ipswich need to stop messing us around and what we want. Simple as that. 

Hope you enjoy the BBQ and your bottles of wines Mercer on a great Sunday weather wise  

Just now, Aqualung said:

Rovers told Ipswich they wanted £ 8 million plus £2 million of add ons( if Ipswich stayed in the prem and appearances) 

Thanks for sharing.

4 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

that does smell like swags involvement

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Yours is the nonsense Tommy.

If Rovers want to sell Szmodics, and maybe Waggott and Pasha do, if no one will pay the present asking price then Rovers will have to compromise.

Or wait until they do pay the asking price. De Lange was only worth about 800k according to this logic of value. Until a few days later when he was worth 2 million because Bordeaux or whoever it was paid that.

If we were only being offered 2 quid, should we take it? No of course not.

We only 'want' to sell him because we want to get the asking price.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mars Rover said:

I'm seeing a lot of gross oversimplification/misunderstanding of what market value is here. I'm beginning to miss the John Bull/biscuit saga...

If you don't be careful we'll have to bring the barm cake / tea cake debate back !

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Which adds weight to the handshake theory between agent/player and those at the club versus the owners then becoming involved and saying not enough.

I understand all the talk on market value and that Ipswich want to barter to get best price for them but at the end of the day blackburn CAN set the value they want and are quite within their rights to reject anything they feel is not acceptable. They may have replacements lined up that will cost them say the 9m so selling him for less would not let them in their eyes improve the side.   

( I know they won't spend the whole 9m and that they probably won't improve the side by the way.)

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You cant compare a 21 year old with a player about to turn 29 when justifying a price. Nor a goalkeeper. Its apples and oranges.

Even if that 21 year old has largely been crap and is living off the fact he's a Man City Academy graduate and had a professional footballer for a dad?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Quite possible, that is what happens during negotiations. Until a contract is signed, there is no deal cast in stone.