BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Leverkusen will want Gustavo Puerta playing, if he does come then who does he replace, Tronstad or the club captain?

Both? It's an absolute meat grinder of a season with long periods of 2 games a week.

He'll play a lot as our 3rd CM.

3 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

I understand all the talk on market value and that Ipswich want to barter to get best price for them but at the end of the day blackburn CAN set the value they want and are quite within their rights to reject anything they feel is not acceptable. They may have replacements lined up that will cost them say the 9m so selling him for less would not let them in their eyes improve the side.   

( I know they won't spend the whole 9m and that they probably won't improve the side by the way.)

We can indeed, Sammy is effectively under contract for 3 more years, a contract that he was happy to sign 6 months ago.

• Like 1

they are not comparing them tho they are asking for quite a bit less due to his age but a decent fee given his latest season. I have no idea why people on this site seem to be on Ipswich towns side on this I want to 1. keep Sammy or 2. Get the fee that the club deem acceptable not what ipswich want to pay.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You cant compare a 21 year old with a player about to turn 29 when justifying a price. Nor a goalkeeper. Its apples and oranges.

If that's a reference to my post, I wasn't comparing him or his price to a goalkeeper. I was illustrating that what someone will pay for a player can change rapidly and dramatically, so you don't just sell for what the first bidder is willing to stump up.

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Both? It's an absolute meat grinder of a season with long periods of 2 games a week.

He'll play a lot as our 3rd CM.

And you think him being backup will be acceptable for leverkusen? I can’t see that personally. 

He wants “more game time” 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if the unlikely happens,then thats buckley out of the door,not that that would be disastrous

There's no point wasting a loan spot on a lad that's 4th choice. Loans have to improve your starting XI (or your bench). 

We have a very good Academy to rely on for depth. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

And you think him being backup will be acceptable for leverkusen? I can’t see that personally. 

Tronstad played nearly 3,000 minutes of Championship football last season. We were lucky he was mostly injury free. Travis loves an injury / a loss of form and Buckley is a bust at this point.

Any 3rd CM we loaned in would see A LOT of minutes - 'backup' or not. 

42 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Leverkusen will want Gustavo Puerta playing, if he does come then who does he replace, Tronstad or the club captain?

The game’s like Rugby League now. It’s not just about your starting 11 it’s about who you can bring on off the bench to change the direction of the match. As we found out on Friday night.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Tronstad played nearly 3,000 minutes of Championship football last season. We were lucky he was mostly injury free. Travis loves an injury / a loss of form and Buckley is a bust at this point.

Both of Travis and Buckley also love getting carded.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Let me put it this way, if we tell Ipswich to fuck off with their £8.5m bid , then in two weeks, I’d put my house on someone else, like Bournemouth (who’ve just sold Solanki) or Everton (looking to sell DCL) etc etc putting down £9m and £40k a week on an extremely low risk, potentially high return signing.

Ive no doubt SS will go, and if the fee is the reported £9m, rising to £12m then it might just be Ipswich left with egg on their face as a more established PL team snaps him up for what is literally chump change!

This is exactly our plan , while in the 2-3 games before closing window , he keeps scoring , last minute window activity might see his price rise ...too late to reinvest and money gone by january

life under venkies

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I’m well aware! Leverkusen, no doubt, will want him starting every game though. If we are pitching our loan as 3rd choice, then they will opt for somewhere where he’s a guaranteed starter…We have Tronstad and Travis, unless one gets injured then he won’t start. Like you said there’s a lot of games so we will look to rotate when possible but for me that won’t appeal to Leverkusen.

I can imagine a loan fee will be required on game time, a bit like Morton.

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The game’s like Rugby League now. It’s not just about your starting 11 it’s about who you can bring on off the bench to change the direction of the match. As we found out on Friday night.

I get that but that may not suit Leverkusen!!!!! They will want him starting every game where possible.

It states the priority is game time, if POAK offer him a guaranteed starter then he will surely go there.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I’m well aware! Leverkusen, no doubt, will want him starting every game though. If we are pitching our loan as 3rd choice, then they will opt for somewhere where he’s a guaranteed starter…We have Tronstad and Travis, unless one gets injured then he won’t start. Like you said there’s a lot of games so we will look to rotate when possible but for me that won’t appeal to Leverkusen.

I can imagine a loan fee will be required on game time, a bit like Morton.

Then he goes to a poorer team in a weaker league. 

The lad from Leverkusen would be an unbelievable signing… one that is too good to be true so I doubt it would happen! 

While not everything is coming off (De Lange) for example I am at least encouraged by the pedigree of links ATM. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

The lad from Leverkusen would be an unbelievable signing… one that is too good to be true so I doubt it would happen! 

While not everything is coming off (De Lange) for example I am at least encouraged by the pedigree of links ATM. 

The John Park effect 

8 minutes ago, TruRover said:

De Lange was a very exciting link, would have been a real statement IF we signed him. 

We need some permanents on long deals.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You cant compare a 21 year old with a player about to turn 29 when justifying a price. Nor a goalkeeper. Its apples and oranges.

Of course you can. Ipswich have spent £15m on Delap who got 8 goals in 32 games. Szmodics got 33 gaols in 48 games. Ipswich don't want to pay what we want given he is peak of his career, proves his worth at this level. What has Delap prove? Ipswich have down graded keeper wise and spent £10m doing it