BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I wonder with these links to the Columbian, and Ryo Germain, if there is a slight chance that Sammie might stay, if we can bring in 3 or 4 more quality signings. Would he stay one more season, if there is the slight possibility of promotion with us? I'm living in hope, but perhaps another good season, might see Sammie move to a better PL team, than Ipswich 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

I wonder with these links to the Columbian, and Ryo Germain, if there is a slight chance that Sammie might stay, if we can bring in 3 or 4 more quality signings. Would he stay one more season, if there is the slight possibility of promotion with us? I'm living in hope, but perhaps another good season, might see Sammie move to a better PL team, than Ipswich 

He wouldnt turn down guaranteed Premier League football (and a considerable wage increase) at 29 on the off chance that he might get it here in a year after signing a J League player and a loanee, lets be real.

The only reason he would stay is if we dont accept a bid, which would obviously annoy him I suspect. 

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He wouldnt turn down guaranteed Premier League football (and a considerable wage increase) at 29 on the off chance that he might get it here in a year after signing a J League player and a loanee, lets be real.

The only reason he would stay is if we dont accept a bid, which would obviously annoy him I suspect. 

I love the optimism man

Just now, aletheia said:

Been reading the SS value stuff this afternoon.

Gentleman's agreement? Waggot/Pasha?

I nearly dropped a nice glass of Gusbourne pinot noir. 😄

Gentleman's agreement lol... I just don't understand this Sammie must be sold stuff. Bloke is in under contract, we value him at a certain amount..either pay it, or move along. We must be the only club, that sells players below what they are valued at, while other clubs would stand firm and get their price 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Iceman said:

How much have you had to drink?

46 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Hate this regime, as much as I do, I don't think it's quite fair to depict Rovers, as stringing out the deal, when fcking Ipswich are just trying to low-ball us.

Possibly.

You never know with this lot. Ipswich will be lowballing based on the fact we accepted an insultingly low offer for Wharton and have the court case coming up.

It will be no secret to them that swag is as thick as a church door and our criminal owners are locked in a legal battle with their own government.

We just signed Danny Batth after pulling out of the deal last year due to his age. That was the board that made that decision.

I actually hope Szmodics stays as 1. We desperately need him as he's the only real quality player we have, and 2. I really want the club to run out of money bringing on preferably a sale or administration. Although I do believe Sammie has more than earned a crack at the top flight and I think he'll do well there as he's not just a great goalscorer but a good all round player.

I find Rovers trying to claim the high ground and acting like they are a serious outfit absolutely disgusting and insulting after the last few transfer windows.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Possibly.

You never know with this lot. Ipswich will be lowballing based on the fact we accepted an insultingly low offer for Wharton and have the court case coming up.

It will be no secret to them that swag is as thick as a church door and our criminal owners are locked in a legal battle with their own government.

We just signed Danny Batth after pulling out of the deal last year due to his age. That was the board that made that decision.

I actually hope Szmodics stays as 1. We desperately need him as he's the only real quality player we have, and 2. I really want the club to run out of money bringing on preferably a sale or administration. Although I do believe Sammie has more than earned a crack at the top flight and I think he'll do well there as he's not just a great goalscorer but a good all round player.

I find Rovers trying to claim the high ground and acting like they are a serious outfit absolutely disgusting and insulting after the last few transfer windows.

We should just accept the low ball offer from Ipswich, and move on... That's what we normally do with our better players anyway, so why should this be any different? 

14 minutes ago, Iceman said:

We should just accept the low ball offer from Ipswich, and move on... That's what we normally do with our better players anyway, so why should this be any different? 

Either that or reject absolutely every single offer and let them leave for free.

Then claim that we're so hard done by with FFP and the price of grass seed or whatever other bollocks they come out with.

8 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

he may have earned a crack at the top flight but as much as I hate the upper levels of this club I'm glad some of you are not running it. it seems you would have took the insulting 6m offer maybe even negotiating it down to 2 or 3

Nobody here would accept that. We'd only sell him if the offer is good and is actually relative to his value for Rovers.

We also wouldn't have accepted the insulting offer that palace made for Adam Wharton.

Crucially, if we did accept an offer that was a good sum we'd actually use some of the money to strengthen the squad and make a push for promotion back to the premier league.

What you're saying is absolute bollocks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Nobody here would accept that. We'd only sell him if the offer is good and is actually relative to his value for Rovers.

We also wouldn't have accepted the insulting offer that palace made for Adam Wharton.

Crucially, if we did accept an offer that was a good sum we'd actually use some of the money to strengthen the squad and make a push for promotion back to the premier league.

I'm not sure what your arguing for here in your first post your saying either accept the lowball offer or he leaves for free in 3 years ( I'm happy with that)

or that you would negotiate a good deal for us which benefits the squad all fir that too.

2 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

personally I'd rather get 3 more years of Sammy at the club than 6m

After Peterborough have taken their cut and Szmodic loyalty bonus ,and in the fee to Pboro and wages paid to Szmodic we would be making minuscule profit for the championship top  goalscorer last season and our most important player 

In this instance I don't see how Rovers are in the wrong...even tho if  the fee  really is only £9 million that we would accept then I still think that is too cheap .

• Like 1

Siggy and Dolan won't fetch half the fee of Sammy between them.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that the club wants to sell Sammie. The negotiating/stalling is to get as much money as possible so as to have to provide less money from India. I said it a couple of weeks ago, Sammie will be sold.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

I'm not sure what your arguing for here in your first post your saying either accept the lowball offer or he leaves for free in 3 years ( I'm happy with that)

or that you would negotiate a good deal for us which benefits the squad all fir that too.

The first post was about what the club actually does. (BBD, Rothwell, Wharton, Kaminski etc)

The second was about what posters on here would hypothetically do, IE behave like a real football club.

I would like Sammie to stay as we need him and we all know whatever money the club recieves won't be used to strengthen the squad.

I do however accept that he more than deserves the chance to show what he can do in the premiership.

1 minute ago, London blue said:

Siggy and Dolan won't fetch half the fee of Sammy between them.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that the club wants to sell Sammie. The negotiating/stalling is to get as much money as possible so as to have to provide less money from India. I said it a couple of weeks ago, Sammie will be sold.

while I don't doubt any of that post my point is against the people who are saying the club are in the wrong and almost advocating Ipswich lowballing. And I know they won't fetch anything near but if offers are not acceptable then why should we accept them

3 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

while I don't doubt any of that post my point is against the people who are saying the club are in the wrong and almost advocating Ipswich lowballing. And I know they won't fetch anything near but if offers are not acceptable then why should we accept them

We shouldn't. Just like we shouldn't have accepted that piss poor offer for Wharton.