BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

while I don't doubt any of that post my point is against the people who are saying the club are in the wrong and almost advocating Ipswich lowballing. And I know they won't fetch anything near but if offers are not acceptable then why should we accept them

Eh, I think that is probably tongue in cheek. Either that or with the long term view of Venkys calling it quits because the money has dried up.

If we were in a strong selling position I'd suggest that Sammie is worth at least £15m, but we're broke, desperate and there's seemingly only one buyer. Ipswich are doing what we would do in their place. He needs to be sold.

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The first post was about what the club actually does. (BBD, Rothwell, Wharton, Kaminski etc)

The second was about what posters on here would hypothetically do, IE behave like a real football club.

I would like Sammie to stay as we need him and we all know whatever money the club recieves won't be used to strengthen the squad.

I do however accept that he more than deserves the chance to show what he can do in the premiership.

he 100% does I have no problem with him wanting a move at 28/9 it's likely his only chance but the club has tied him down he signed that deal and unless there was an agreement they are entitled to ask for what they think is a good deal.

I repeat that I hate the upper management of the club but in this instance I think we have to be on their side whether or not we will see any of it reinvested is another separate issue

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJW said:

Simple way out of this if SS really wants to go he can hand in a transfer request and forfeit any pay off from Rovers thus allowing us to accept the £8.5m 

THIS is the whole thing. If he wants the move that much, he can forego his loyalty bonus and put the transfer request in. It will sour the whole thing but it’ll get done and if everyone really wants that to happen, it’s what probably has to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

I really want the club to run out of money bringing on preferably a sale or administration.

By that logic you should want the club to let him leave on a free and you should stop complaining about the Wharton deal.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, London blue said:

Eh, I think that is probably tongue in cheek. Either that or with the long term view of Venkys calling it quits because the money has dried up.

If we were in a strong selling position I'd suggest that Sammie is worth at least £15m, but we're broke, desperate and there's seemingly only one buyer. Ipswich are doing what we would do in their place. He needs to be sold.

I'm no businessman but if they were so desperate as an Ipswich negotiator I'd pull from the deal and wait on them running back  to me

46 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

personally I'd rather get 3 more years of Sammy at the club than 6m

Many here don't believe in contracts... Any of our players has a great season, our fans are ready to let him go for nothing, because it's a PL club. Again, either meet our valuation of the player, or move along.. if they don't meet it, Sammie has to play. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What have I missed in the last 12 hours?

Just our fans happy to take anything for Sammie, in order for him to play PL football for 1 season.

41 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The first post was about what the club actually does. (BBD, Rothwell, Wharton, Kaminski etc)

The second was about what posters on here would hypothetically do, IE behave like a real football club.

I would like Sammie to stay as we need him and we all know whatever money the club recieves won't be used to strengthen the squad.

I do however accept that he more than deserves the chance to show what he can do in the premiership.

Not many of the players sold to PL clubs over the last few years,  have actually shown us what they can do in the PL. 

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

By that logic you should want the club to let him leave on a free and you should stop complaining about the Wharton deal.

Why? If I want the club to run out of money, we don’t sell Wharton for any price. Ergo, I’d still be complaining.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Just our fans happy to take anything for Sammie, in order for him to play PL football for 1 season.

Who has said that?

Someone may, and I have missed it. But the points made seem to be around the general concept of a market value being what someone is willing to pay. And that Szmodics will naturally want to take a potentially last chance at playing in the Premier League with a big pay rise and will likely be pissed off if it doesnt happen.

Has anyone said, as a result, we should just accept whatever is offered out of kindness?

1 hour ago, Beanie01289 said:

he 100% does I have no problem with him wanting a move at 28/9 it's likely his only chance but the club has tied him down he signed that deal and unless there was an agreement they are entitled to ask for what they think is a good deal.

I repeat that I hate the upper management of the club but in this instance I think we have to be on their side whether or not we will see any of it reinvested is another separate issue

I do agree on that. They are actually doing the right thing with this. It's the grandstanding about it that sickens me, given six months earlier they practically gave away the best player we've had for over 15 years.

Then add on top that the fact that none of the money will be reinvested in the squad and it's even more sickening.

• Like 1

It's bizarre more teams aren't in for him. Bournemouth could do with him too.

He's a Premier League finisher, better than Diaz and Armstrong imo and his work rate is something else!

1 minute ago, Ghost7 said:

He's a Premier League finisher, better than Diaz and Armstrong imo and his work rate is something else!

He's a good all round player. Can make great passes and set up plenty.

He's far superior to the two you mentioned. Armstrong was just a shoot on sight forward and Diaz had a very poor first touch.

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Who has said that?

Someone may, and I have missed it. But the points made seem to be around the general concept of a market value being what someone is willing to pay. And that Szmodics will naturally want to take a potentially last chance at playing in the Premier League with a big pay rise and will likely be pissed off if it doesnt happen.

Has anyone said, as a result, we should just accept whatever is offered out of kindness?

Well, certain individuals believe, that Sammie should get the move, and we should accept the low ball offer. As I mentioned before, pay us what we want, and he is yours. If not, Sammie is under contract, and he will play for us. If he is not happy, too bad, but we cannot keep accepting offers, just because the player deserves to play PL football. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beanie01289 said:

This point about him being 28/29, and being his last chance at PL football is silly. If he stays, has another cracking season, he will get his move. His valuation with a year left might even be lower than now. 

If we had to sell players based on a fee, at how old they are, then Adam Wharton should never have been sold for that low a fee. AW still had plenty of time to play PL football, if this is the logic we use to determine a fee 

18 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Most teams are waiting until deadline day, when we are desperate to accept anything. For me personally, the fee for Sammie should have been set at 15 mill. Let teams work their way down from there during negotiations, to an acceptable amount of 12 mill. Top goalscorer in the championship, much more versatile than both Diaz and Armstrong. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Well, certain individuals believe, that Sammie should get the move, and we should accept the low ball offer. As I mentioned before, pay us what we want, and he is yours. If not, Sammie is under contract, and he will play for us. If he is not happy, too bad, but we cannot keep accepting offers, just because the player deserves to play PL football. 

Which individuals?

Saying that he wont be happy should we not allow him to join Ipswich doesnt mean that we should allow him regardless of the bids that come in. I havent seen anyone (personally, like I said they may have hence why I asked who as I would disagree if so) that have suggested that because he naturally would be gutted to miss out on such a big and potentially final chance at the Premier League, then go to on to say that we should just accept whatever bid to facilitate it. 

Im not sure weve been accepting offers because players deserve Premier League football either. Weve done it because the owners wanted the money.

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I don't understand why he's so keen on Ipswich.  They'll be back in the championship next season 

But even if that happens, he will have a chance at a season in the Premier League. He might never get that chance again. Plus he will get a considerable wage increase.

And following that in the worst case scenario for him/them ie relegation. He is at a club with parachute payments on a bigger contract even allowing for a wage cut at a club most likely well positioned to fight for promotion.

8 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Most teams are waiting until deadline day, when we are desperate to accept anything. For me personally, the fee for Sammie should have been set at 15 mill. Let teams work their way down from there during negotiations, to an acceptable amount of 12 mill. Top goalscorer in the championship, much more versatile than both Diaz and Armstrong. 

Is he more versatile than those 2? He always plays centrally and those 2 can play wide. Plus those 2 are considerably younger.

26 minutes ago, Iceman said:

This point about him being 28/29, and being his last chance at PL football is silly. If he stays, has another cracking season, he will get his move. His valuation with a year left might even be lower than now. 

If we had to sell players based on a fee, at how old they are, then Adam Wharton should never have been sold for that low a fee. AW still had plenty of time to play PL football, if this is the logic we use to determine a fee 

But you are suggesting that he (taking us out of the equation and assume a bid has been accepted or even as to whether he should want the move) that he skips a guaranteed Premier League opportunity (and wage boost) in favour of staying in the Championship with a club unlikely to be pushing for promotion on the off chance that when he is about to turn 30, that such an opportunity might remain. It might but taking out our Rovers bias, why would he take that risk?

He technically has 3 years left as we have an option in his deal.

Soon to be 29, especially in this modern day where recruitment tends to focus on younger aged players, for sell on opportunities etc, it could well be his lest chance.

Wharton was sold purely to keep the lights on, our terrible owners desperately needed the money and our negotiating position was very weak, and the need for funds was urgent.

Edited by roversfan99