BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I see Brentford have paid £27 million for a Liverpool player

That's £27 million. Fourth division Brentford. 

How far have we fallen?

is that carvalho who was on loan at hull last season???

if it is,he`s shite and liverpool have done fantastic business in getting that for him

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

is that carvalho who was on loan at hull last season???

if it is,he`s shite and liverpool have done fantastic business in getting that for him

Annoying that someone who is apparently shite in the Championship can sell for about triple what we're apparently being offered for Szmodics who just obliterated the Championship, just because they're younger. He might have 3 times the peak career remaining, but he's costing 3 times as much and isn't as proven.

That said, I'm only going off your assessment that he's shite...I notice he scored 9 goals in 20 games for Hull (or 9 in 12 when played up front according to transfermrkt). Seems a decent record. Not 27 million in the Prem decent but still.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Annoying that someone who is apparently shite in the Championship can sell for about triple what we're apparently being offered for Szmodics who just obliterated the Championship, just because they're younger. He might have 3 times the peak career remaining, but he's costing 3 times as much and isn't as proven.

That said, I'm only going off your assessment that he's shite...I notice he scored 9 goals in 20 games for Hull (or 9 in 12 when played up front according to transfermrkt). Seems a decent record. Not 27 million in the Prem decent but still.

could`nt cut it at leipzig in the bundesliga and only played 9 times,liverpool then recalled him and sent him to hull,obviously got better at a lower standard but did`nt set fire to the league really,im`e probably being a bit damning because iv`e backed brentford to go down this season and i really don`t think he`ll hack it in the premier league😁

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

could`nt cut it at leipzig in the bundesliga and only played 9 times,liverpool then recalled him and sent him to hull,obviously got better at a lower standard but did`nt set fire to the league really,im`e probably being a bit damning because iv`e backed brentford to go down this season and i really don`t think he`ll hack it in the premier league😁

He scored 9 goals in 20 games 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Or at 21 perhaps he is just coming into his true ability. 9 goals in 20 might not be 'setting fire' to this league, but it's a pretty good record. Not 27 million quid move to the Prem good though. Again, frustrating we have to humour bids under 10 million for a far superior player.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I see Brentford have paid £27 million for a Liverpool player

That's £27 million. Fourth division Brentford. 

How far have we fallen?

If you're questioning how far we've fallen, you equally have to recognise Brentford's progression. They're a reasonably settled top tier side with what appears a sound financial footing. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

He's 21 though, at that age I think Szmodics was cutting about at Colchester right?

I think its exactly the move he needed and if he stays fit I can see him scoring 10 goals + this season for Brentford easily.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Celtic are spending £8.5m+ on Adam Idah for reference. But Szmodics isn't worth that apparently 

Significantly younger, some Premier League experience, and did well at Celtic on loan.

Some of these comparisons are bizarre. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alex l said:

If you're questioning how far we've fallen, you equally have to recognise Brentford's progression. They're a reasonably settled top tier side with what appears a sound financial footing. 

The above is stating the obvious but to some folk of a certain vintage they're a fourth division club and always will be. Same with the likes of Bournemouth

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Celtic are spending £8.5m+ on Adam Idah for reference. But Szmodics isn't worth that apparently 

Whilst I believe this is an over-pay (it will be a record transfer fee for Celtic and he's hardly the second coming of Henrik Larsson)...He is only 23 and scored 8 in 15 last season in the league for them (which to me just highlights how awful that league is). I'd be amazed if they make a profit on him regardless of age, but he might win them a few tin pot trophies that nobody bar Glaswegians and weird angry religious people care about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

The above is stating the obvious but to some folk of a certain vintage they're a fourth division club and always will be. Same with the likes of Bournemouth

I never really understand this kind of logic.

There are plenty of football fans who see Blackburn Rovers as a small club. Does that make them right? Should we be getting snide remarks on football forums from supporters who weren't born during our good times?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I never really understand this kind of logic.

There are plenty of football fans who see Blackburn Rovers as a small club. Does that make them right? Should we be getting snide remarks on football forums from supporters who weren't born during our good times?

They're not "snide", only a view that's different from yours on how some fans see certain clubs. I realise clubs come and go, and times change and that clubs have no right to be at the top however "small" or "big" they are perceived to be, but for many the likes of Brentford and Bournemouth and others like them being established top flight clubs is laughable

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

They're not "snide", only a view that's different from yours on how some fans see certain clubs. I realise clubs come and go, and times change and that clubs have no right to be at the top however "small" or "big" they are perceived to be, but for many the likes of Brentford and Bournemouth and others like them being established top flight clubs is laughable

Is this not a contradiction? How is it laughable if it’s reality? It means those clubs are well run and deserving of the position they find themselves in regardless of club size 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I dunno, looks like they were fairly good just before World War II, but that doesn't count as that's not your 'vintage'.

But it's alright, I just look forward to us getting promoted back to the Premier League someday and not being able to say anything to anyone born after 2005ish when they say they can't believe that tiny old Blackburn Rovers are in the big time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Significantly younger, some Premier League experience, and did well at Celtic on loan.

Some of these comparisons are bizarre. 

You say this, and while I don’t disagree with the sentiment - Szmods got 27 league goals from attacking midfield. That is just exceptional. He’s only 28. Still got 2/3 years in his prime. He’s not a player that relies on physical attributes, it’s his movement, ability to make space and positioning that get him his goals.

Doubt Idah ever gets 20 at championship level. 

• Like 1

Very quiet with regards to transfers at the moment!

Assume nothing will happen until after the court date next week, with the outcome determining who we're able to go for.

Hopefully we can sign some decent players if the Venky's win the case, which would only slightly cushion the blow of being stuck with them for eternity.

One per week from now if we sign three more. No new names from Nicko so suspect there's some frantic work being done behind the scenes with many names being bandied around. The biggest questions regarding outgoings are of course Szmodics, as well as Sigurdsson. I think I would start both tonight, if nothing is close. 

The closer we get to deadline day, the more I expect loans over permanent transfers.

44 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Looking at it that way though.. To many of the same vintage (and now to a young generation!) blackburn are a bog standard championship(and occasional div 1)team.

5 minutes ago, TruRover said:

You say this, and while I don’t disagree with the sentiment - Szmods got 27 league goals from attacking midfield. That is just exceptional. He’s only 28. Still got 2/3 years in his prime. He’s not a player that relies on physical attributes, it’s his movement, ability to make space and positioning that get him his goals.

Doubt Idah ever gets 20 at championship level. 

I don’t think idah is worth the price Celtic are paying 

but szmodics will be 29 next month

hes had one ‘exceptional’ season 

those are factors that’s clubs will consider and add to our financial situation and szmodics tentative comments re playing in prem it’s not just like for like

10-12 million 

• Like 1

Don’t kid yourselves . Carvalho is a top quality player . It might have not worked at Liverpool but I can guarantee he starts at every club in our league. He is young but he will find his place in a team and turn out to be a very good player

• Like 1