BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

15 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

The closer we get to deadline day, the more I expect loans over permanent transfers.

I think that's the case anyway, I don't expect any more permanent deals this summer.

We still have 5 loan spots we can use and I expect us to fill most of them.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, robfranlong81 said:

Still Irish on mine. 

Switched from Rovers to Ireland after pressing on him. Just don't know which way this will go. At 29 you want to play as much football as possible. He's in the Ireland set up and that was due to his Rovers form. Ipswich haggling over the price fee and taking too long to get the deal done, personally if it were me I'd be thinking they don't want me enough. Which would suggest I'm not in the plans for the starting 11 and could potentially play a bit part season. Yes you would get the premier league player status and more money, I think if Rovers offer better terms he could potentially stay. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

Only way Sammie stays is if we offer £25,000 a week. With a clause of 8million that can activated next year. 

Would that be acceptable to the majority. 

In the hypothetical world were Rovers can pay anyone £25K/week, I am not sure that work work for anyone, including Szmodics, whilst £25K/week is a lot to Rovers, he can easily get £40-50K/week at Ipswich, and an £8M clause does not offer Rovers the security that they would want for a player given that outlay in wages

Edited by KentExile

58 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

Only way Sammie stays is if we offer £25,000 a week. With a clause of 8million that can activated next year. 

Would that be acceptable to the majority. 

No. He's under a lengthy contract he signed half a season ago that doesn't, it seems, include an 8 million clause.

The only way Sammie stays is if we reject all the bids.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No. He's under a lengthy contract he signed half a season ago that doesn't, it seems, include an 8 million clause.

The only way Sammie stays is if we reject all the bids.

Anyone know what his weekly wage is? As the site I use states 14-15k a week. Checking Ipswich squad it states the average wage is about the same going to players like chaplin. 

Edited by Rover8T4

2 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Can we be certain that there won't be another postponement in the Venky's trial?

Quite a good chance it could be postponed again.

In India, Thursday and Monday are national holidays. Probably not much will get done on the Friday in between, so Tuesday 20th is going to be busier than usual in the courts.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Celtic are spending £8.5m+ on Adam Idah for reference. But Szmodics isn't worth that apparently 

I think everyone knows he's worth that the biggest problem has always been they can run rings around these clowns 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Significantly younger, some Premier League experience, and did well at Celtic on loan.

Some of these comparisons are bizarre. 

It doesn't matter whatever your age if you're good enough you're good enough you're good enough & dips*** haggling over the price it's really disingenuous of them 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

I never really understand this kind of logic.

There are plenty of football fans who see Blackburn Rovers as a small club. Does that make them right? Should we be getting snide remarks on football forums from supporters who weren't born during our good times?

Definitely not 

3 hours ago, TruRover said:

You say this, and while I don’t disagree with the sentiment - Szmods got 27 league goals from attacking midfield. That is just exceptional. He’s only 28. Still got 2/3 years in his prime. He’s not a player that relies on physical attributes, it’s his movement, ability to make space and positioning that get him his goals.

Doubt Idah ever gets 20 at championship level. 

No chance 

3 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Very quiet with regards to transfers at the moment!

Assume nothing will happen until after the court date next week, with the outcome determining who we're able to go for.

Hopefully we can sign some decent players if the Venky's win the case, which would only slightly cushion the blow of being stuck with them for eternity.

If there's a God they will lose the case and be forced to sell the club.

3 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Can we be certain that there won't be another postponement in the Venky's trial?

We can't as one person said before there are 3 things guaranteed in life life, death and taxes 

3 hours ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I don’t think idah is worth the price Celtic are paying 

but szmodics will be 29 next month

hes had one ‘exceptional’ season 

those are factors that’s clubs will consider and add to our financial situation and szmodics tentative comments re playing in prem it’s not just like for like

10-12 million 

Idah's definitely not worth but for what SS did last year he's definitely worth it!

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Worst possible outcome...(so it will probably happen!)

I hope not we've waited long enough 

39 minutes ago, Brfcrule1 said:

I think everyone knows he's worth that the biggest problem has always been they can run rings around these clowns 

It doesn't matter whatever your age if you're good enough you're good enough you're good enough & dips*** haggling over the price it's really disingenuous of them 

Definitely not 

No chance 

If there's a God they will lose the case and be forced to sell the club.

We can't as one person said before there are 3 things guaranteed in life life, death and taxes 

Idah's definitely not worth but for what SS did last year he's definitely worth it!

I hope not we've waited long enough 

Of course the age of a player matters. Idah has significant resale value. Sammie one bad injury away from his career petering away.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, London blue said:

Of course the age of a player matters. Idah has significant resale value. Sammie one bad injury away from his career petering away.

Not just that. Pay £10m for a 29 year old, you're getting maybe 5 years out of them. Pay the same for a 23 year old you and you could get a decade or so from them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alex l said:

Not just that. Pay £10m for a 29 year old, you're getting maybe 5 years out of them. Pay the same for a 23 year old you and you could get a decade or so from them.

Or if he shows he is worth the initial outlay he could sit out his contract and leave on a free à la Brereton. Now if Idah signs a 10 year contract then your point will hold more weight than if he signs for under 5 years...

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

Chelsea are leading the way. Extended Cole Palmer's contract - which was already until 2031 - to 2033. Absolutely bonkers. 

It's likely just to give him a massive pay rise above anything. Which he deserves, half of their squad are overpriced tosh and get more than he does.

Poor lad was "only" on £75k a week, reportedly...

44 minutes ago, London blue said:

Every player is potentially one bad injury away from their career petering away.

3 hours ago, KentExile said:

In the hypothetical world were Rovers can pay anyone £25K/week, I am not sure that work work for anyone, including Szmodics, whilst £25K/week is a lot to Rovers, he can easily get £40-50K/week at Ipswich, and an £8M clause does not offer Rovers the security that they would want for a player given that outlay in wages

He isn't getting 40/50 grand a week at Ipswich that's for sure.

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He isn't getting 40/50 grand a week at Ipswich that's for sure.

I think that you are severely underestimating just how much money Premier League teams (including newly promoted ones) pay their players

Edited by KentExile