BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 minutes ago, Ricky said:

We also had Branthwaite previously and I would have never thought he would become a £60m+ rated defender. Harwood-Bellis looked by far the better player.

He was at the time he looked way more comfortable on the ball but i thought Branthwaite was ok he just had a bad game or two and overall just didn't fit how we were playing as well as THB did.

Stick him in a more direct team with midfield protection and he'd have looked better than the other lad imo.

Edited by tomphil

10 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Very young though. He might build into it if he's talented

Not that young, he is 21 in 2 months. 

Or has my mind just been warped by Rovers playing numerous teenagers over the past few years?

Edited by KentExile

Just now, KentExile said:

Not that young, he is 21 in 2 months. 

Or has my mind just been warped by Rovers playing numerous teenagers over the past few years?

Anything up to 22/23 is still young in my book. Especially for a central midfielder where you're expected to dictate a game. We already have a very similar case in Lee Cundle who we had on loan from Wolves and might be getting back - he looked absolutely lost most of the time he was with us but towards the end of the season something clicked and suddenly you saw the potential to develop into a really good AM.

Just now, PotterLog said:

Anything up to 22/23 is still young in my book. Especially for a central midfielder where you're expected to dictate a game. We already have a very similar case in Lee Cundle who we had on loan from Wolves and might be getting back - he looked absolutely lost most of the time he was with us but towards the end of the season something clicked and suddenly you saw the potential to develop into a really good AM.

Think we might have been spoilt by a certain Adam Wharton dictating games in his teens 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i thought tosin adarabioyo  was better than both of them

He was, but he was 21/22 when we had him and much closer to the finished article than Brathwaite (who was 18 when we had him) and Harwood Bellis (who was 19 when we had him)

Edited by KentExile

I've said it before here and I'll say it again. Szmodics is not that keen on moving to Ipswich and is nowhere near pushing for a move there. If another premier team comes in for him he leaves but he is very very happy at Rovers and has been all summer long. 

Now he's cuptied too. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TommyRovers said:

I've said it before here and I'll say it again. Szmodics is not that keen on moving to Ipswich and is nowhere near pushing for a move there. If another premier team comes in for him he leaves but he is very very happy at Rovers and has been all summer long. 

Now he's cuptied too. 

With all due respect Tommy if he wasn’t keen on moving to Ipswich he wouldn’t have been talking to them at all. I’d suggest he’s just a model professional realisings the clubs valuation and offers don’t match and he’s just getting on with it 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

With all due respect Tommy if he wasn’t keen on moving to Ipswich he wouldn’t have been talking to them at all. I’d suggest he’s just a model professional realisings the clubs valuation and offers don’t match and he’s just getting on with it 

I really hope that is true, it would be a breath of fresh air in the polluted world of todays pro players.

Edited by rigger

Just now, rigger said:

I really hope that is true, it would be a breath of fresh air in the poluted world of todays pro players.

I think it is the case szmodics regardless of club at his age would like the opportunity to play in the prem Iv no doubt about that. It prob took him couple of weeks in pre season to get his head around the fact Ipswich may not meet his valuation. So he’s just put the head down and is getting on with it. It’s def refreshing look at rowe at Norwich pulling out hours before their first match. It’s not a good look

49 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

It’s the Stoke Chaddy!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Now he's cuptied too. 

There is a cryptic Elliott line in the LT that Sammy has done well to be back for tonight's game from Ipswich.

1 minute ago, philipl said:

There is a cryptic Elliott line in the LT that Sammy has done well to be back for tonight's game from Ipswich.

He's mocking the Ipswich fans claiming he was having a medical today

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Sammy playing today means he can't play in the cup for another team. Hope he stays! Great finish again!

Not sure that’s a massive issue anymore for PL teams with big squads , especiallly in the league cup as most PL tea,s don’t even bother playing their best players til the semi finals 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TommyRovers said:

Now he's cuptied too. 

Repeat it as often as you like but unless Szmodics has told you that, or you know someone who knows him, you can’t possibly know what his intentions are. 

2 hours ago, TommyRovers said:

Now he's cuptied too. 

Looked thoroughly pissed off all game today. 

• Like 1