BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Have I missed somewhere suggesting sigurdsson is going? 

No but think it’s a given really, high on the wage bill, doesnt seem a eustace player and on his last year of contract…Think he will be pushed out tbh.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

I hope a better team come in for Szmodics than Ipswich at this point. I don't begrudge him a move as we literally owe our championship status to him.

Obviously we don't know the full ins and outs but either 1 or both parties are being hard work and stubborn.

If he does go to Ipswich it's almost certainly literally 1 season in the prem I would say. They'll go down and unless he absolutely takes the prem by storm, with another year on the clock he surely won't have many offers coming in, from prem teams.

They'll get tubbed first game off Liverpool and second game against City, maybe then they'll hit the panic button and throw more cash at us, after that the window will be closing. Their current signings are over priced and inexperienced youngsters for the most part, they really ought to stop fannying about.

• Like 3

At the end of the day Rovers have only them selves to blame when it comes to other clubs lowballing them for their best players.

When you sell off a generational talent for half his actual worth, when you get yourself into a situation where you need to sell all your players just to stay out of administration, when you can't rely on owners doing the absolute bare minimum of funding the club due to their criminal activity, when you arrange numerous transfer deals for players then deliberately sabotage them at the last minute, when you bring in millions but spend practically nothing on strengthening a paper thin weak as piss squad you've got nobody to blame but yourselves.

Just like with Adam Wharton, I'd much rather we kept hold of Szmodics and go into administration rather than sell him for half his actual worth and reinvest absolutely nothing into the squad.

Fuck off venkys. Just fuck off.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

5th choice? We have 4 currently with Hedges legs ready to break any game now. 

We know for sure loans will happen, and on the evidence of the recruitment so far we should feel confident better than Markanday will be brought in

GK, LB, CM and a Winger minimum.

Looks like anyone young who isn’t direct cover / going to play less than half the games is going on loan.

Anyone who fits the above profile and is older is sold.

We’ll be something like this in terms of cover. With the 4x players JE said he wants, we’ll be adequate, on paper. But the likes of JRC and Ohashi are covering more than one position.

GK - Pears, new, Hilton

RB - Brittain, Duru, JRC

CB - Carter, Hyam, Batth, Mcfadz

LB - Pickering, New

CM - Trav, Sonny, Bucko, JRC, New

AM / Wingers - Weimann, JRC, Dolan, Ohashi, *SS, Siggy, Vale, Hedges, New (For three spots)

St - Gueye, Ohashi, Vale, Leonard, Tyjon

FWIW - I reckon we’ll cover the 4x positions the manager wants to, plus another couple of loans to further bolster CM plus a forward.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

GK, LB, CM and a Winger minimum.

Looks like anyone young who isn’t direct cover / going to play less than half the games is going on loan.

Anyone who fits the above profile and is older is sold.

We’ll be something like this in terms of cover. With the 4x players JE said he wants, we’ll be adequate, on paper. But the likes of JRC and Ohashi are covering more than one position.

GK - Pears, new, Hilton

RB - Brittain, Duru, JRC

CB - Carter, Hyam, Batth, Mcfadz

LB - Pickering, New

CM - Trav, Sonny, Bucko, JRC, New

AM / Wingers - Weimann, JRC, Dolan, Ohashi, *SS, Siggy, Vale, Hedges, New (For three spots)

St - Gueye, Ohashi, Vale, Leonard, Tyjon

FWIW - I reckon we’ll cover the 4x positions the manager wants to, plus another couple of loans to further bolster CM plus a forward.

Agree with most of that , I still think (despite his injury) one of Leonard or Vale will be loaned out so another striker will be required and I am still not convinced Fleck wont end up signing for us which could open the door for Buckley to leave 

7 hours ago, islander200 said:

We know for sure loans will happen, and on the evidence of the recruitment so far we should feel confident better than Markanday will be brought in

A lot depends on SS of course, but the longer we leave it the harder it will be, I imagine we aren’t willing to spend anything until/unless he’s sold, that will rule out a lot of the good loans, which require fees.

I think SS situation is the reason behind our dry spell. If he stays we will probably be restricted to loans, if he goes we may see a few low fee buys to fill our 4 vacancies in the squad.

For what it’s worth I don’t think we need any more than 4 players. GK, left sided defender, central midfielder and a winger. That’s regardless of those who have recently left on loan. If we were to lose a first team player (SS/Siggy/Buckley) maybe these need replacements. 

SS needs resolving this week one way or the other. Ipswich coming up with the fee we want on or close to deadline day would be a disaster but very possible after all the messing about.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

You mean like against Newcastle in the cup last season? 

The guy needs a loan to get a number of games under his belt. Jury is out as to what level he'll make, but there is no need to be so vindictive about it.

He's been here 3 years and you've got a 1 game sample of him being somewhat useful.

He's not good enough, end of. Nothing vindictive, he just needs moving on to his natural level - L2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Anyone who mentioned Doak at Liverpool, he can safely be ruled out.  Liverpool considering loans and permanent deals, but Leicester and Southampton are on the case

https://tribuna.com/en/news/liverpoolfc-2024-08-13-liverpool-to-consider-permanent-bids-for-ben-doak-sky-sports/

Oh wow, he's dropped down the pecking order then. He was labelled as the next big thing less than 12 months ago.

• Like 2