BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Shame for Markanday but based on last night, I suspect we won't miss him if he goes out on loan. He's not a winger, and he's behind Szmodics and Dolan, as well as probably Weimann and Ohashi for the number 10 position. It makes sense for him to go out on loan.

A winger, central midfielder, goalkeeper and cover for left back feels essential. Quite happy for a couple of those to be prem loans. Not sure what the situation is with Ayari at Brighton but I'd welcome him back for the CM slot. Goalkeeper and winger positions really could do with being permanent additions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Agree with most of that , I still think (despite his injury) one of Leonard or Vale will be loaned out so another striker will be required and I am still not convinced Fleck wont end up signing for us which could open the door for Buckley to leave 

Yeah, looking like Vale might go back out, based on the injury to Leonard and JE’s interview post match last night.

I don’t think Fleck will be the choice unless it gets to the last day.

Whatever has been levelled at JE, I reckon he knows his football. Interesting that Sky are linking him with the Preston job this morning.

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Agree with most of that , I still think (despite his injury) one of Leonard or Vale will be loaned out so another striker will be required and I am still not convinced Fleck wont end up signing for us which could open the door for Buckley to leave 

Fleck in , Buckley out ? What a good move that would be ! At least Buckley is usually available for selection.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I'm sure you'll tell me that I'm missing your point again, but this has to be addressed.

In what world do you think we would go into administration with valuable player assets still part of the squad? It's one thing to think that administration is a viable way out of our current situation - although I think even that is insane - but there is no way in which we get there without losing every valuable player that we have. As the financial walls begin to close we would conduct a firesale and raise money as fast as possible to delay the inevitable. 

But I'll humour you, let's say we somehow get to the point of administration and still, somehow, had valuable assets.

The first step would surely be to try to avoid administration with a CVA. You then have to trust that our owners and administration wouldn't mess that process up (see Bury) and that we wouldn't find ourselves kicked out of the league by way of sheer incompetency. A very likely outcome. Even if we managed to handle the CVA properly, we would still need to pay off all existing debts. Outcome? A firesale.

If we didn't go the CVA route and just accepted our fate with administration, then the first step would be to pay off all of our debt. That would mean that the administrators would oversee a firesale as this would be the only way for us to raise that kind of money.

Let's also be real here, only selling players in either of those scenarios would be a win. We would likely end up selling our ground, losing our training ground, and any other asset deemed even remotely valuable. Don't forget, Venky's own our training ground separately now and they would also be our biggest creditors. 

Basically, all roads lead to Rome on this one and you're pretending that we could somehow end up elsewhere.

If you see administration as a painful solution to a very big problem then that is one thing, but don't be delusional. There is no eventuality in which we find ourselves in administration, free of our current owners, and with key part of our playing squad still intact.

Best case scenario it brings with it a 12-point deduction and we lose every decent player that we have. Worst case scenario this club ceases to exist

The fire sale has been going on for over a year.

The training ground is gone.

The club has already been threatened with a winding up order.

Having Pears in goal is a 12 point deduction by default.

Owners have repeatedly refused to sell so administration is the only way out.

All of what you are worrying about is already happening under their watch.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He looked interested last night apparently. Was he in the shop window, playing for a move ?

Strange player, not worked out if he's good, shit or just inconsistent. Maybe a combination like many players at this level. He looked good last night but against kids who are giving time on the ball. At championship level I'm not sure he has the pace we require to be a real threat. He'd be better behind the strikers but there's no chance he'll get in there ahead of Dolan and hopefully Szmods.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

Strange player, not worked out if he's good, shit or just inconsistent. Maybe a combination like many players at this level. He looked good last night but against kids who are giving time on the ball. At championship level I'm not sure he has the pace we require to be a real threat. He'd be better behind the strikers but there's no chance he'll get in there ahead of Dolan and hopefully Szmods.

Or the Japanese lad. Is Ohashi a poor man’s Matt Jansen ? Good little header for his goal and a real thunderbolt off the woodwork. Matty would have been proud of those two.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Or the Japanese lad. Is Ohashi a poor man’s Matt Jansen ? Good little header for his goal and a real thunderbolt off the woodwork. Matty would have been proud of those two.

Looks a good signing for virtually nothing.

First touch could be better at times but, hopefully, good coaching and drills will improve.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Looks a good signing for virtually nothing.

First touch could be better at times but, hopefully, good coaching and drills will improve.

Looks keen for goals but could've passed it to Szmodics as well on a couple of occasions. It's good that we don't rely so much om Sammie in that sense that it become predictable that we're going down the same route each attack. We have some players that are tricky to play against now and buzzy bees like Dolan and Ohashi will be able to rush and gather the fruits that are dropping around Gueye who is a presence we have been missing since D. Graham was here. Just hope he can coached into a better finisher with his feet as well.

• Like 1

Would be a shame if Sigurdsson was allowed to leave so easily (and cheaply) he's proven he's a good effective squad player at the least, with the potential to be a very good playmaker if he was given a good run of games in his most natural position. 

Personally i think it's worth keeping him for the remainder of his contract at least and if he was sold to a league rival I'm certain hed flourish for them and be worth a good few million down tge line

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's sort of forgotten that as well as being technically excellent, intelligent and skillful... Matt Jansen was also a tall lad and although he was a bit gangly when he arrived he did fill out and almost become more of a strong target man at times in his last year or 2 here. Proper player! 

P. S. The pop up ads on this forum really do make it very frustrating and tricky to browse and post on here at time 😖

You look at someone like Darwin Nunez, obviously Gueye is not at the same level but his intelligent movement and physicality means that he naturally ends up getting loads of chances but he misses a lot. Still, he ends seasons with decent goal hauls purely through number of chances.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Would be a shame if Sigurdsson was allowed to leave so easily (and cheaply) he's proven he's a good effective squad player at the least, with the potential to be a very good playmaker if he was given a good run of games in his most natural position.

Unfortunately seems to have all the agility and turning speed of an oil tanker.

Edited by jny
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You look at someone like Darwin Nunez, obviously Gueye is not at the same level but his intelligent movement and physicality means that he naturally ends up getting loads of chances but he misses a lot. Still, he ends seasons with decent goal hauls purely through number of chances.

The stats seem to back that up, he has very high xG which isn't fully translated into actual goals

Screenshot_20240814-102848.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Big Maks obvious weakness on seeing him a couple of times is his shooting

Definitely, his positioning is great however.

With his feet he'll miss 2/3 chances for every 1 he scores, but looks lethal in the air.

Can see him getting 10+ goals this season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Personally i think it's worth keeping him for the remainder of his contract at least and if he was sold to a league rival I'm certain hed flourish for them and be worth a good few million down tge line

Has he?

Started well and has then been injured or a disappointing substitute ever since. He doesn't change the game when he comes on.

There's a player in there, but I don't think he'll shine in the Championship. He's too soft.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Seems like a good signing for them. Should really be able to show his quality at League Two level. If not then he doesn't really have a future here.

He's 22 and poor L2 clubs are after him on loan.

Tell me again how he's a good player.

17 days to the end of the window.

With Waggott's record make that 15 to give doing the paperwork a chance..

I suspect we are going to be facing the dingles with Pears in goal but Bristol City will be coming to Ewood on 14 September when there will be at least 4 new faces available for selection with at least 2 loans.

As for Szmodics last night, he missed a sitter for his hattrick and got pulled. I'd be really worried if he weren't pissed off.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Definitely, his positioning is great however.

With his feet he'll miss 2/3 chances for every 1 he scores, but looks lethal in the air.

Can see him getting 10+ goals this season.

Yes, on first sight he gets himself into a lot of good positions, which is key, but also misses a load.

As long as he keeps giving himself chances I see no reason why he shouldn't be aiming for 15 this season. Anything more than that would be a bonus but he should comfortably make double figures based on what we've seen so far.

• Like 4