BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

47 minutes ago, doctorryan said:

Jason Roberts was a bull in a china shop who couldn't hit the floor half the time if he fell on it.  This unique characteristic merely enhanced his most annoying trait of thinking he should be starting & playing 90 minutes in a squad with Benni McCarthy & Roque Santa Cruz. Of course the bastard scored against us one April Monday for Wigan when we were chasing CL.

Absolutely he was. But we don't have Benni or Roque now. Roberts would start every game and Sammie would feast.

25 minutes ago, philipl said:

Haven't see the replays but for it to be an og, Bucko must have massively diverted the 16 year old's shot. That said, from the angle of the fixed camera it looked like he just stood there and watched it. 

I don't even know whether there was a shot, it looks like it could have just bounced off Buckley directly from the corner

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Just signed a new contract at Wigan.

only until the end of August apparently, to cover for pre season injuries

But that being said, I would prefer Oli Burke, and Oli Burke is terrible.  Similar sorts of player, fairly pacey but not much quality. 

Edited by KentExile

11 minutes ago, KentExile said:

only until the end of August apparently, to cover for pre season injuries

But that being said, I would prefer Oli Burke, and Oli Burke is terrible.  Similar sorts of player, fairly pacey but not much quality. 

30 in two months and not even getting on at league 1 level. Really hope there is nothing in it or oil Burke we have to be looking for better than that 

• Like 1

Just now, Forever Blue said:

I’d rather have an Oil Sheikh!

Haha me too lol I’d take the man down at the off licence over venkys! But yea a no to OLI Burke and jones for me. We have enough experience with mcfadz batth weimann hyam trav hedges etc much rather take a chance on an unknow than those. Only my preference though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but as we're obviously after a new keeper, here seems as good a place as any.

Just read an interview on the Sky website with David Raya, he doesn't really say much about his time with us, but I thought this was quite telling:

image.png.f3f7b0b3a625e3a46ec4526b178d2995.png

Why? Why Dave? Why weren't you coming for crosses? Is this our famed goalkeeping coach at work? Wouldn't surprise me, nearly all of our keepers of late are/were shit at coming for crosses!

Pretty sure it was Ben Benson seen meticulously organising our defence into shape for the Stockport corner they scored from last night where, as soon as the ball came in, none of our defenders or keeper looked like they had the foggiest what they were meant to be doing. He did some good pointing though at least. Immediately ran to the TV screen in the dugout to see where it had all gone wrong. 

• Like 1

Just seen Markanday is in talks to join Chesterfield on loan...

I'm sorry, what?! Fucking Chesterfield? A League Two side, freshly promoted from the NLN? That's a fucking joke of a loan. He might not be a world beater, but he's definitely a cut above League Two. It's a very poor do if that's the best loan we can find for someone who has been a squad player for us, made 21 Championship appearances last season, cost us 500k, and in League Cup games against that type of opposition has scored 4 in 8.

He's also one of our only wide players (probably our only one actually) that does have a bit of pace. Supposedly Eustace likes a pacey winger.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sorry, what?! Fucking Chesterfield? A League Two side, freshly promoted from the NLN? That's a fucking joke of a loan. He might not be a world beater, but he's definitely a cut above League Two. It's a very poor do if that's the best loan we can find for someone who has been a squad player for us, made 21 Championship appearances last season, cost us 500k, and in League Cup games against that type of opposition has scored 4 in 8.

He's also one of our only wide players (probably our only one actually) that does have a bit of pace. Supposedly Eustace likes a pacey winger.

Whilst I do agree that League 2 is a level lower than we should be loaning him to in an ideal world.  Freshly promoted teams have done very well in League 2 recently,  Stockport, Wrexham, Notts County in very recent years, and Chesterfield are third or forth favourites for automatic promotion.

I suppose it is better if he is at a team at the top of League 2 who are attacking more than defending, rather than a team at the bottom of League 1 who never have the ball

Edited by KentExile

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The objective for him is to get 90mins weekly and if he’s a ‘level above’ then itl show in his contribution to them with his performances/goals/assists. He just needs to be playing regularly and enjoying football again. A lot said the same for his move to Aberdeen said he could/should make an impact there doesn’t always work like that. No lose here for rovers at all - clear JE doesn’t see him featuring much 

I cannot for the life of me comprehend how anyone thinks Markanday is above L2 level. He's atrocious, the worst of our wingers by a country mile.

• Like 9
  • Downvote 5

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I would suggest that Markanday is neither fast nor a winger.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

L2 is definitely his level I reckon. He’s only shown to be a threat against lower level sides in the cup, has never turned up in league games.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I cannot for the life of me comprehend how anyone thinks Markanday is above L2 level. He's atrocious, the worst of our wingers by a country mile.

Certainly wouldn’t put him in the ‘atrocious’ level but would be bottom of our pecking order in his position and consistent game time could mature him and make him a better player. Whether that’s a champ level who knows but think it’s a good move for him and the right call by rovers 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

The point is are we going to replace these players leaving? Hedges can’t last 3 games without injury, Markanday leaving, rumours circulating around siggy, we won’t even have any “wingers” left.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Just now, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Certainly wouldn’t put him in the ‘atrocious’ level but would be bottom of our pecking order in his position and consistent game time could mature him and make him a better player. Whether that’s a champ level who knows but think it’s a good move for him and the right call by rovers 

Markanday is not championship level, but definitely has impacted games, Newcastle at home, Norwich away…I’d rather him on the bench than no fucker at all.

• Like 2

Was Markanday ever a winger by the way? I thought he was off a striker for the Spurs youth team.  

Regardless, if he can go play 30 games anywhere then he will be better for it.  

5 loan spots free, let's get some pace in.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Whilst I do agree that League 2 is a level lower than we should be loaning him to in an ideal world.  Freshly promoted teams have done very well in League 2 recently,  Stockport, Wrexham, Notts County in very recent years, and Chesterfield are third or forth favourites for automatic promotion.

I suppose it is better if he is at a team at the top of League 2 who are attacking more than defending, rather than a team at the bottom of League 1 who never have the ball

Those predictions haven't translated into reality yet, only drew their opening game. Yes I know, it's early days.

He should be able to attract a reasonable League One side. For comparison, how many Championship clubs would be happy to loan a player with 21 appearances in the Prem last season? Quite a few I'd wager.

9 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

The objective for him is to get 90mins weekly and if he’s a ‘level above’ then itl show in his contribution to them with his performances/goals/assists. He just needs to be playing regularly and enjoying football again. A lot said the same for his move to Aberdeen said he could/should make an impact there doesn’t always work like that. No lose here for rovers at all - clear JE doesn’t see him featuring much 

He got shafted at Aberdeen. Manager changed immediately. That was what, a couple of years ago anyway? He's too late in his development, at 23 in a week, for a League Two loan just to get games into him. We have to decide on his future in the summer, contract is up and a one year extension needs to be triggered or let him go for nowt. What are we going to learn about him in that time, even if the loan goes well? It's two whole levels below ours. The best case scenario is probably that he gets recalled in Jan to go to a League One side anyway.

2 minutes ago, Polky said:

L2 is definitely his level I reckon. He’s only shown to be a threat against lower level sides in the cup, has never turned up in league games.

Scored against West Brom and Cardiff last season, so, nope.

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Those predictions haven't translated into reality yet, only drew their opening game. Yes I know, it's early days.

He should be able to attract a reasonable League One side. For comparison, how many Championship clubs would be happy to loan a player with 21 appearances in the Prem last season? Quite a few I'd wager.

He got shafted at Aberdeen. Manager changed immediately. That was what, a couple of years ago anyway? He's too late in his development, at 23 in a week, for a League Two loan just to get games into him. We have to decide on his future in the summer, contract is up and a one year extension needs to be triggered or let him go for nowt. What are we going to learn about him in that time, even if the loan goes well? It's two whole levels below ours. The best case scenario is probably that he gets recalled in Jan to go to a League One side anyway.

What league one sides are in for him?

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You’re right, I’m sorry.

I stand corrected…He’s only turned up for one league game, which was the first game of last season.

• Like 1