BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Agreed but we have to think/hope come sept there will be a winger in the door

100% and im sure we will, as we needed one before anyone even left.  We just need to make sure as people leave that we replace, irrespective if you think there good enough or not.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

100% and im sure we will as we needed one before anyone even left, we just need to make sure as people leave that we replace irrespective if you think there good enough or not.

I think reading between the lines Eustace is wanting to operate a smaller quality over quantity squad compared to years gone past. He has mentioned 4 more in and that’s after o’riordan markanday vale possibly going. Dodgy tactic but seems to be how it’s going to play out 

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

This got me thinking. I think the only loanee CM who has ever worked out was Reed? And he was 23. I think it's a position you need experience for really, or at least a player coming through the club with time to grow.

Not saying it's impossible for a young loanee to work there before anyone starts. But we've seen Morton, Clarkson, Grimes and others fail. Who was the lad who missed a sitter against the Dingles, I wanna say Tom something? Can't remember anyone 21 or younger do well there on loan for us. Maybe I'm forgetting someone but it seems a high fail rate even for loanees.

Tom Lawrence.

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I do not miss Gallagher in the slightest 

That's an understatement.

Eustace must be in line for a statue outside the stadium for finally shifting him off the books.

For actual cash as well.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, J*B said:

I cannot for the life of me comprehend how anyone thinks Markanday is above L2 level. He's atrocious, the worst of our wingers by a country mile.

That's rather harsh. He's a skilful player, but lacks the pace and physique for the Championship. I think he'll do well in League 2 and will give some of those lower league defenders a hard time. Not the worst winger I've seen in a Rovers shirt by any means

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, philipl said:

17 days to the end of the window.

With Waggott's record make that 15 to give doing the paperwork a chance..

I suspect we are going to be facing the dingles with Pears in goal but Bristol City will be coming to Ewood on 14 September when there will be at least 4 new faces available for selection with at least 2 loans.

As for Szmodics last night, he missed a sitter for his hattrick and got pulled. I'd be really worried if he weren't pissed off.

That wasn’t a sitter. The guy running with him was trying to take his shirt off as a souvenir! Penalty all day long for me.

• Like 3

I think Markanday has been a bit screwed by circumstance in that I really don't think he's a winger - but in the no 10 spot (where I think he has the attributes to be better than some on here are giving him credit for) he's perpetually behind Sammie, Dolan, then probably Siggy and now Ohashi, so he just won't get the games there. 

I also think that he probably lacks the physical attributes to be very successful in the championship. I suspect that he'd tear up league one or two, and probably would have a pretty good career (even a top flight one) in eg. Spain, Portugal etc. Right here and now though, he's absolutely surplus and its not doing him or rovers any favours.

Reminds me a bit of Ruben Rochina.

Regarding Big Mak vs Gally, in recent seasons a fully fit Gally was averaging 7 or 8 goals, Gueye only needs to equal that and be on half the wages (and ideally stay fit) and he's an upgrade. I do suspect that he's the sort of player who's main goal contributions will be making space on the pitch for Wiemann, Ohashi, Dolan and Sigurdsson etc. though, but that said he already looks a decent threat from corners and free kicks.

Edited by AspRover
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I cannot for the life of me comprehend how anyone thinks Markanday is above L2 level. He's atrocious, the worst of our wingers by a country mile.

He ain't a winger though they just kept trying to present him as one when he should have been being coached into an industrious wide midfielder or 10.

Drop several leagues and he'll probably start to look like a winger though, then someone might buy him !

6 minutes ago, AspRover said:

Regarding Big Mak vs Gally, in recent seasons a fully fit Gally was averaging 7 or 8 goals, Gueye only needs to equal that and be on half the wages and he's an upgrade. I do suspect that he's the sort of player who's main goal contributions will be making space on the pitch for Wiemann, Ohashi, Dolan and Sigurdsson etc. though, but that said he already looks a decent threat from corners and free kicks.

Very much agree on Big Mak, big upgrade on Gallagher. Never going to be a clinical finisher, but far more mobile and pacier than I expected him to be. What I really like about him is that he seem to have a football brain. He's hold up play is good, and seems to understand where to position himself unlike Gallagher. Will be a good foil and focal point to have upfront, with the added bonus that's he is great in the air. A type of player we haven't had in a while, and very useful for the Championship. 

Also impressed with Ohashi. Two very good finishes for the two goals he has scored. While his first touch was lacking at times yesterday I think it's usually better. Also seem to have good positional sense esp. around the box. Absolute bargain if we only paid 150k for him. 

They both also been here only a couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I think reading between the lines Eustace is wanting to operate a smaller quality over quantity squad compared to years gone past. He has mentioned 4 more in and that’s after o’riordan markanday vale possibly going. Dodgy tactic but seems to be how it’s going to play out 

Or maybe he’s been told what he’s getting and he’s just accepting it…Waggots on record saying he wants 3!

36 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

Markanday = Harry Chapman Mk II

Except Harry Chapman was a winger. As an aside, Leo Duru would be perfect for the  Starman song that Chapman used to have.

Edited by rigger

1 hour ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

What league one sides are in for him?

Who knows? But if none are interested now, wait til later in the window. This loan is unlikely to be good enough for us.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Who knows? But if none are interested now, wait til later in the window. This loan is unlikely to be good enough for us.

And if none come in what happens then? Barr in mind it’s clear Eustace doesn’t see him challenging in the first team. You also have to factor in that markanday can reject the loan if he sees himself at a higher level 

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Just seen Markanday is in talks to join Chesterfield on loan...

I'm sorry, what?! Fucking Chesterfield? A League Two side, freshly promoted from the NLN? That's a fucking joke of a loan. He might not be a world beater, but he's definitely a cut above League Two. It's a very poor do if that's the best loan we can find for someone who has been a squad player for us, made 21 Championship appearances last season, cost us 500k, and in League Cup games against that type of opposition has scored 4 in 8.

He's also one of our only wide players (probably our only one actually) that does have a bit of pace. Supposedly Eustace likes a pacey winger.

It's a big loan for him tbh. He's flattered to deceive in his Rovers career so far and he failed on loan at Aberdeen.

He's not been able to become a consistent figure under 3 different Rovers managers either.

He should be able to tear league 2 apart but I have my doubts he will do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That wasn’t a sitter. The guy running with him was trying to take his shirt off as a souvenir! Penalty all day long for me.

It was a bit too gentle for a penalty but it was enough to distract him.

4 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

And if none come in what happens then? Barr in mind it’s clear Eustace doesn’t see him challenging in the first team. You also have to factor in that markanday can reject the loan if he sees himself at a higher level 

If none of that happens I'd much rather keep him as a fringe player.

He probably won't reject it cos he will just want games and probably fancies himself to smash that level to win himself a better move. Most likely for free. With a lil free agent signing bonus. I'm not trying to look out for Markanday, I'm trying to look out for the club.

Edited by bluebruce

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It's a big loan for him tbh. He's flattered to deceive in his Rovers career so far and he failed on loan at Aberdeen.

He's not been able to become a consistent figure under 3 different Rovers managers either.

He should be able to tear league 2 apart but I have my doubts he will do.

Lmao, big loan, Chesterfield, ok. I bet that's what he dreamt of when he was coming through at Spurs and when he signed for us. Unless you only mean it's time for him to get lots of game time.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If none of that happens I'd much rather keep him as a fringe player.

He probably won't reject it cos he will just want games and probably fancies himself to smash that level to win himself a better move. Most likely for free. With a lil free agent signing bonus. I'm not trying to look out for Markanday, I'm trying to look out for the club.

If he does smash it and we have a years option to trigger is that not best case scenario for rovers? 

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Lmao, big loan, Chesterfield, ok. I bet that's what he dreamt of when he was coming through at Spurs and when he signed for us. Unless you only mean it's time for him to get lots of game time.

No, I mean it's a big loan, as in he needs to perform not going to a big club.

• Like 2