BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Posted (edited)

So wait, we can (and expect/demand the media/world to) slag Rovers off for utter incompetence, unprofessionalism and embarrassment, yet when the person who it most impacted says something slightly negative about it - we don't understand/like his attitude?

Duncan Maguire should drag Steve Waggot and Venky's through the mud. I think he's been pretty reserved. 

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 9

22 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

So wait, we can (and expect/demand the media/world to) slag Rovers off for utter incompetence, unprofessionalism and embarrassment, yet when the person who it most impacted says something slightly negative about it - we don't understand/like his attitude?

Duncan Maguire should drag Steve Waggot and Venky's through the mud. I think he's been pretty reserved. 

Can slag them off all he wants but he is pretty much slagging off the club . I second he should say nothing or simply it was unfortunate what happened but never say never in football and it was a move I was disappointed it didn’t happen. 
We need players to come in and really take to the club and fight for the badge, if we are in a similar position next season we going to rely on him when he says he only moved for the money- no thanks 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I get that we screwed up with McGuire but I don’t really like his attitude in that video. Sorry but we still have a much greater legacy than you and your mls career mate, it should still be an attractive option for your career progression and not just about money. We move on from that one imo 

The lad thought his dream move was happening. Twice. He was in the building holding up a shirt. 

I'm sure he has other options and in his shoes I'd be asking for another £5k a week from Rovers to even pick up the phone. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can slag them off all he wants but he is pretty much slagging off the club . I second he should say nothing or simply it was unfortunate what happened but never say never in football and it was a move I was disappointed it didn’t happen. 
We need players to come in and really take to the club and fight for the badge, if we are in a similar position next season we going to rely on him when he says he only moved for the money- no thanks 

If a woman you fancied flirted with you for the best part of two months (first made contact with McGuire early December) invited you to her house, fed you a great meal, and described all the fantastic things she was about to do with you in bedroom, and then just as you’d got your kit off, she threw you out the door because ‘actually, my parents don’t want people like you here, so you’ll have to leave’…

Would you want to pursue a relationship with that woman 6 months later, or would you tell her to fuck off?

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

He is slagging the club off yes. A club who tried to set up a dream move for him, pissed him around initially by not buying him, then messing him around again with an embarassing, beyond unprofessional admin error that cost him a big move and forced him to go back with his tail between his legs.

We rightfully slag off the club for it, his future was messed around with, why cant he be critical?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

If a woman you fancied flirted with you for the best part of two months (first made contact with McGuire early December) invited you to her house, fed you a great meal, and described all the fantastic things she was about to do with you in bedroom, and then just as you’d got your kit off, she threw you out the door because ‘actually, my parents don’t want people like you here, so you’ll have to leave’…

Would you want to pursue a relationship with that woman 6 months later, or would you tell her to fuck off?

Depends how fit she was.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

obviously we`ll be keeping both **** keepers,eustace must see them as ok,johansson would have been first on my list of incomings

We wont even be in a position to consider signings. Director of football heading out the door and most importantly owners who dont give a shit so certainly wont have communicated how much (or how little) of a budget is available.

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If she was fit then most blokes would be back regardless if there was half a chance on the cards.

Which kind of relates to the money situation with McGuire, if 3 clubs are in and Rovers offer the most he'll be back here again.

Is he really worth all this hassle though ?

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Josh - I think it’s fair to say that ‘they’ have lost faith in the project. JDT and GB we’re leading the charge and have gone…

I said at the time that Eustace was appointed, they stalled on McGuire and then signed McFadz and Fleck that it absolutely stunk of Waggott / Venkys having lost patience with it.

My gut tells me we won’t get another DOF, or if we do, it will be low profile with a smaller remit and Swag will work with Eustace and Kimberley to bring the players in.

Q - do you really think JE is going to be sanctioning signing 2nd division Icelandic prodigies now?

I think we have appoint the DoF but he is currently serving his notice period. Who I don't know but that's why we haven't had announcement yet? 

3 hours ago, phili said:

Raya and Wharton cash is being utilised to pay back the loan on the training ground Venkys took out. £15m of sales have got to be generated to get us through next season and I would expect significant wage reductions. We are looking at cheap frees on very low wages and the academy, with signings probably made last week of August once the court case has been heard if at all.

How much more can the wage budget be reduce by? its one of the lowest in the league already? 

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I don’t really think this is like for like analogy 

you can be angry at the individuals but not the club, think he and a lot of you are forgetting that. 
love the club not the monkeys running it

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

you can be angry at the individuals but not the club, think he and a lot of you are forgetting that. 

I dont get why you are being so precious about it. Blackburn Rovers are who let him down, thats how he and any other rational neutral body would see it. Unfortunately, those running the club are part of the club.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Why can't I be angry at the club? I love this club but I can't stand anything about it right now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I’d give her one night to change my mind 😄

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We are a well run club. The director of football is already appointed pending his notice period, that is the only logical theory. Hmm.

Have I said we are well run club? I have highlighted many areas that need improving

GB has reported left the club. Reported by 2 different sources. so why no official announcement? 

12 minutes ago, London blue said:

Why can't I be angry at the club? I love this club but I can't stand anything about it right now.

These charlatans are simply the caretakers, I was here before them and I will be here after them, so no I’m not having some mls no mark disrespecting the name. If it doesn’t slightly wrangle you I suggest your not really a supporter of the club, feel free to go and support your city’s, liverpools etc

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

These charlatans are simply the caretakers, I was here before them and I will be here after them, so no I’m not having some mls no mark disrespecting the name. If it doesn’t slightly wrangle you I suggest your not really a supporter of the club, feel free to go and support your city’s, liverpools etc

With all due respect, piss off.

Don't tell me how to support my club and don't try to police how I feel about it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, London blue said:

With all due respect, piss off.

Don't tell me how to support my club and don't try to police how I feel about it. 

With all due respect, stick up for it then! Somebody has to , if it’s not the fans then who?

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It depends on how much she was paying me.

• Like 1