BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

If Mak had elite level finishing to add to his strikers instinct, speed, strength, height, technical ability to link the play up and desire to score a goal - he would be Didier Drogba!

He’ll definitely miss a few, but the main thing is that he’s always ‘there’ to miss them.

That said, the keepers save down low save his shot last night was class. He also set up Yuki with a header at the back post and the keeper saved again. Could’ve easily been two goals and an assist.

IF / When SS goes, I’d love to see us sign an extra winger and a striker (on top of the reported x4 that JE wants), and play Ohashi behind Big Mak. I have a feeling it would be a brilliant combo!

He does seem very much like Jason Roberts 😅  as in he has all the elements to be a top centre forward except the crucial natural ability to finish clinically even after doing the hard part of getting into a goalscoring position

But that said! At this level even Jason Roberts was a consistent goalscorer so hopefully Gueye will be able yo get us 15+ if he stays fit and confident 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

8 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

He does seem very much like Jason Roberts 😅  as in he has all the elements to be a top centre forward except the crucial natural ability to finish clinically even after doing the hard part of getting into a goalscoring position

But that said! At this level even Jason Roberts was a consistent goalscorer so hopefully Gueye will be able yo get us 15+ if he stays fit and confident 

Every photo I've seen of him he's either smiling ear to ear, flexing and 8 pack of leaping 8ft in to the ear.  Don't think confidence will be an issue 

• Like 3

What a huge drop for Markanday if he goes to Chesterfield. He's certainly not championship standard but I feel he could do well at a top lge 1 club. It would be a great signing for Chesterfield tbf.

I'm really impressed by all of our new signings so far. Big Mak and Yuki have transformed our attack and look like absolute bargains.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, J*B said:

I cannot for the life of me comprehend how anyone thinks Markanday is above L2 level. He's atrocious, the worst of our wingers by a country mile.

Overly harsh take. He's a league one standard player judging by his performances for Rovers in cup competitions. He's always looked comfortable against that level of opposition.

Ultimately though, Rovers have better options out wide and in the central number 10 role, so its a moot point.

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Hmmm…I think the difference between Gueye and Roberts is that instinct / ‘Right place, right time’ thing that Gueye has..

I agree that they share much of the same attributes in terms of physicality, speed, hold up play etc, but in my opinion, Roberts lacked finishing AND the instinct to be a top striker whilst Gueye, just lacks the finishing bit…Roberts, positionally in attacks was much closer to Gally than Gueye.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Its time we sell Markanday personally. Will never be good enough to be regular starter here. I did think he would suit JDT's style of play and how he wanted his wide players to play. 

But what he needs is proper first time football and playing regular to develop his game. Might come back a different player. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Hmmm…I think the difference between Gueye and Roberts is that instinct / ‘Right place, right time’ thing that Gueye has..

I agree that they share much of the same attributes in terms of physicality, speed, hold up play etc, but in my opinion, Roberts lacked finishing AND the instinct to be a top striker whilst Gueye, just lacks the finishing bit…Roberts, positionally in attacks was much closer to Gally than Gueye.

I mean You've seen him play twice!😅 Both times against poor teams. 

So how you can already say he's better than Roberts (a player that made around 200 Premier league appearances! Believe it or not) 

Roberts was far better than gallagher and his goalscoring record outside of the Premier league showed that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

Except worse. When Chapman was fit during his first spell with us, he was electric.

That was in League One. But still sad to see his career path after leaving us. That pace and ability, seemingly left down by attitude and application. Now playing in Non-league at the age of 26.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its time we sell Markanday personally. Will never be good enough to be regular starter here. I did think he would suit JDT's style of play and how he wanted his wide players to play. 

But what he needs is proper first time football and playing regular to develop his game. Might come back a different player. 

So much so that JDT rarely played him and sent him out on loan?

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Overly harsh take. He's a league one standard player judging by his performances for Rovers in cup competitions. He's always looked comfortable against that level of opposition.

Ultimately though, Rovers have better options out wide and in the central number 10 role, so its a moot point.

We'll find out in the next few months. If this loan doesn't work out, that's his Rovers career over. Only has 12 months left (with an option) and he'll likely end up at a league 2 club after that.

This loan could be the making of him of course and he comes back a solid player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

If he does smash it and we have a years option to trigger is that not best case scenario for rovers? 

Not really. We will only know he can handle two tiers below us. We will then have to decide over the course of his last season if he can make it here. If he does well during that, he will likely just run his contract down as has become customary here. When it ends he will be too old for compo.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not really. We will only know he can handle two tiers below us. We will then have to decide over the course of his last season if he can make it here. If he does well during that, he will likely just run his contract down as has become customary here. When it ends he will be too old for compo.

Depends how he does really if he literally tears it up for me it’s a win win. If he fails to do anything then rovers would be proven right to send him out then?

I would be glad to see Markanday go. I have heard nothing but bad things about him in terms of ability. Great lad, wants to play, wants to improve, but he just doesn’t have the ability

Football is a cut throat industry. He will find his level down there I think. The horrible part of English football is that there is genuinely very little difference between players in League 2 - Tier 4 of football - and players in Tiers 6, 7 etc. Markanday could easily find himself playing in front of 10 men and a dog before he knows it 

We paid £1m for him. We then got £3m I think for Phillips. Levy has had the Venky’s pants down 

10 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I would be glad to see Markanday go. I have heard nothing but bad things about him in terms of ability. Great lad, wants to play, wants to improve, but he just doesn’t have the ability

Football is a cut throat industry. He will find his level down there I think. The horrible part of English football is that there is genuinely very little difference between players in League 2 - Tier 4 of football - and players in Tiers 6, 7 etc. Markanday could easily find himself playing in front of 10 men and a dog before he knows it 

We paid £1m for him. We then got £3m I think for Phillips. Levy has had the Venky’s pants down 

We paid £500k for him.

If you watch the players warm up he's actually the best finisher in the first team - he's just crap at everything else. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Any ITK hearing Szmodics deal to Ipswich is agreed? Just got a WhatsApp saying it’s done. 

Where did the person who sent you the message get it from? 

Yesterday’s rumour was he was having a medical in Ipswich, which was clearly bollocks. 

17 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Eh, what have you been watching.

He's got bags of ability, what lets him down is his out of possession work and his lack of strength. He was outstanding against Newcastle I remember.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I mean You've seen him play twice!😅 Both times against poor teams. 

So how you can already say he's better than Roberts (a player that made around 200 Premier league appearances! Believe it or not) 

Roberts was far better than gallagher and his goalscoring record outside of the Premier league showed that

I was sure after 15 minutes in a preseason game vs Stockport that he was better than Gally.

Im not saying he’s better than JR. I actually rated him and think he made the very best out of what he had. He was effective and had a good career. But he didn’t have that instinct that strikers have, he relied on hustle and bustle to make an impact. Gueye is a big lad but he’s not a battering ram and I can tell you that In the three games I’ve watched him play, he’s been in more goal scoring positions when the balls in the final third than Gally was in 5yrs. Ok, that’s vs Stockport twice and Derby County, but I’d bet everything I own, that had Gally been playing, he would’ve been  lucky to have been in those positions even once in the same three games, and at best he’d have one goal to his name.

Gueye could flop spectacularly, but im very sure it won’t be because he’s not there to put them in, just maybe he contrives to miss the chances he does get!

• Like 1