BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Where did the person who sent you the message get it from? 

Yesterday’s rumour was he was having a medical in Ipswich, which was clearly bollocks. 

The person who sent it me wouldn’t bullshit but he wasn’t 100% sure how reliable. That’s why I wanted to know if anyone else had heard the same 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

Eh, what have you been watching.

He's got bags of ability, what lets him down is his out of possession work and his lack of strength. He was outstanding against Newcastle I remember.

I should correct my post. Any footballer to reach this level has bags of ability. They are all fantastic players 

But I’ve heard and from what I have seen Markanday doesn’t have enough to make it at this level. There’s so much off the ball work and that’s why most footballers end up going down the levels. They can’t maintain their fitness to a level required and as a result their off the ball work suffers. I think he’s one of them 

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I should correct my post. Any footballer to reach this level has bags of ability. They are all fantastic players 

But I’ve heard and from what I have seen Markanday doesn’t have enough to make it at this level. There’s so much off the ball work and that’s why most footballers end up going down the levels. They can’t maintain their fitness to a level required and as a result their off the ball work suffers. I think he’s one of them 

Yeah now this I agree 100% - it's not a lack of will or attitude, I think he would run all day for the team if he could.

But sadly, he simply can't at this moment in time, perhaps he never will.

• Like 1

Skilful player is Markanday, with a good finish on him. He’s just physically lacking in a division where a lot of defenders are over 6 foot and built like outhouses. 

Think it was a WBA game he started under JDT and he looked like a schoolboy in comparison to the Goliath’s they had at the back. He was just overwhelmed by their size and strength.

3 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

He does seem very much like Jason Roberts 😅  as in he has all the elements to be a top centre forward except the crucial natural ability to finish clinically even after doing the hard part of getting into a goalscoring position

But that said! At this level even Jason Roberts was a consistent goalscorer so hopefully Gueye will be able yo get us 15+ if he stays fit and confident 

At least he puts himself about a bit and the defenders know they've been in a game. Seems years since we had any presence up front at all. Mowbray and his "false nine" and all that crap.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I was sure after 15 minutes in a preseason game vs Stockport that he was better than Gally.

Im not saying he’s better than JR. I actually rated him and think he made the very best out of what he had. He was effective and had a good career. But he didn’t have that instinct that strikers have, he relied on hustle and bustle to make an impact. Gueye is a big lad but he’s not a battering ram and I can tell you that In the three games I’ve watched him play, he’s been in more goal scoring positions when the balls in the final third than Gally was in 5yrs. Ok, that’s vs Stockport twice and Derby County, but I’d bet everything I own, that had Gally been playing, he would’ve been  lucky to have been in those positions even once in the same three games, and at best he’d have one goal to his name.

Gueye could flop spectacularly, but im very sure it won’t be because he’s not there to put them in, just maybe he contrives to miss the chances he does get!

Nobody's disagreed with you that he's better than sam gallagher(or fk8n "gally" as you weirdly keep calling him) 

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

At least he puts himself about a bit and the defenders know they've been in a game. Seems years since we had any presence up front at all. Mowbray and his "false nine" and all that crap.

Yeh I'm not knocking gueye at all, i think he'll be great for us and like you say a proper old fasioned number centre forward 

Just thought it was silly to say he was better than Jason Roberts after only seeing jim play a couple of times against crap opposition 

• Like 1

A report says Sammy was at Ipswich before returning to Stockport. Don't know if it was a wind up.

Markanday dropping to League 2 with an ambitious club could be the making of him- he should have far too much at that level.

Letting him go out would suggest Rovers have their eye on an incoming right sided player.

8 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Markanday just doesn't even look like he's physically built to be a footballer or any kind of athlete and he always seems miserable as fk and uncomfortable on a training field or football pitch

He does seem quite stocky and, perhaps, in the Adam Armstrong kind of way but smaller and not as fast but more skilful and likes to run with the ball.

i think he’d do a decent job as a strike partner to Gueye in a little and large combination. He has a good strike on him and can wriggle into space. His career might get going a bit if he is ever fielded centrally with a support striker. The return to fashion of target men forwards might give him a chance.

Edit: For those not wanting to scroll -

Markanday in loan talks, thought to be Chesterfield.

“Dilan is away talking to another club at the moment to go on loan," Eustace told The Lancashire Telegraph.

"I think it's important that he gets a real run of games to keep his development going. Hopefully, we can see that get sorted.”

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

A report says Sammy was at Ipswich before returning to Stockport. Don't know if it was a wind up.

Markanday dropping to League 2 with an ambitious club could be the making of him- he should have far too much at that level.

Letting him go out would suggest Rovers have their eye on an incoming right sided player.

Which report was that? 

You realise that's like a 9+ hour round trip on a weekday right? Factoring in whatever he was supposedly doing there. Do you REALLY think that sounds legit and that he'd rush back home to play against Stockport?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Rutter leaving Leeds, wouldn't be surprised to see Leeds come in for Szmodics.

Was thinking the same and we could ask for more considering selling to an other championship club would be an interesting turn of events. Would much rather he stayed if no prem offer is matched

40 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Which report was that? 

You realise that's like a 9+ hour round trip on a weekday right? Factoring in whatever he was supposedly doing there. Do you REALLY think that sounds legit and that he'd rush back home to play against Stockport?

Yeah, It's clearly bollox, if a deal was close enough that he was already at Ipswich we wouldn't be playing him anyway. That's before you factor in the travel times.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Which report was that? 

It’s amazing the amount of obvious shite that appears on social media. The world must be filling up with attention seeking  idiots who post stuff like that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Rutter leaving Leeds, wouldn't be surprised to see Leeds come in for Szmodics.

Sky are reporting that Brighton have activated a £40m release clause. I have seen a lot of him but never anything in his game leads me to believe he is worth anything like £40m. I know he is only 22 but Szmodics scored ten more goals last season than Rutter has in his entire career.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Sky are reporting that Brighton have activated a £40m release clause. I have seen a lot of him but never anything in his game leads me to believe he is worth anything like £40m. I know he is only 22 but Szmodics scored ten more goals last season than Rutter has in his entire career.

Two different players really szmodics is the arrive late and score sort of wing forward/10 - rutter is the creative type who gets on the ball a lot 16 assists last season more than szmodics whole career so depends on what Brighton are looking for. For the record I don’t think he’s done enough in his career to warrant that price tag but that’s football these days and fair play to his agent for getting that in the contract 

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I can see Leeds coming in. It’s wether SS will go there, Sort of club who would use him to get to the premier league rather than use him when promoted 

8 minutes ago, Polky said:

Seeing as Rovers were not going to sign him after what happened in January, this is a great outcome for him, and Rovers.  He would have been guaranteed to score home and away against us if he signed for a Championship club, for no other reason than Karma

2 hours ago, philipl said:

There was a rumour doing the rounds on Twitter that he was having a medical in Ipswich on Tuesday. He then turned up at Stockport after the medical and played for Rovers, which I’m sure Ipswich would definitely have agreed to😉

We’re now reduced to Watsapp messages from Dave the Butcher from Clitheroe saying Sammie to Ipswich ‘is done’🤣

Its all good fun!