BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

33 minutes ago, philipl said:

PS Elliot Jackson suggested Szmodics came back from Ipswich to Stockport on Tuesday- if there is any truth in it I guess he was already down there on Monday.

Jackson said on Tuesday Szmodics was not at Ipswich, had not had a medical and was expected to feature against Stockport.

The comments in the match report about being down at Ipswich appear to be tongue in cheek relating to the rumours on social media.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, alexanders said:

No way we should sell SS to Leeds.

I have no problem selling to a PL team to be part of "realizing dreams" which again will create a good reputation that Rovers is a place to develop and become better which will attract talents. 

However we should in no way sell to a Championship rival. I WILL BE FURIOUS if that happens 

I don't think he should be sold at this stage, at all.

However if he does go or has to go for financial reasons, I want him to go to the Club that's going to pay us the most money. What does it really matter if he goes to another Championship Club? We'll only play them twice a season and it's common to put a clause in saying the player can't play in those games anyway.

I've passed the opinion all along that Ipswich don't really want Szmodics that badly and recent reports that they're quibbling over £500k do nothing to dispel that notion. In normal circumstances I wouldn't sell him to Ipswich on principle now after all the messing about.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ipswich now in talks with Broja from Chelsea…have they moved on? 🤞🏽

I still think any reinforcements are tied into us selling Szmodics.

So it's Szmodics or a new GK / LB / LW.

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Still think we could fill them positions, but they would all be loans.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We will still sign loan players....if we sell szmodic what are they really going to spend? £1 or £2 million?

Bournemouth looking to sign Evanilson from Porto

that rules out them I think

Will Porto look at Szmodddy? Their counterparts Sporting Lisbon had success with buying from Championship (Gyokeres)

Edited by alexanders

23 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but as we're obviously after a new keeper, here seems as good a place as any.

Just read an interview on the Sky website with David Raya, he doesn't really say much about his time with us, but I thought this was quite telling:

image.png.f3f7b0b3a625e3a46ec4526b178d2995.png

Why? Why Dave? Why weren't you coming for crosses? Is this our famed goalkeeping coach at work? Wouldn't surprise me, nearly all of our keepers of late are/were shit at coming for crosses!

I am in the bad coach camp.  Just seems odd all our keeper regress, get worse instead of better and most of them over the last several seasons have shown a tendency to stay on their line.  Keeper coach needs to be replaced but he won't be.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Still think we could fill them positions, but they would all be loans.

The Szmodics transfer would pay for loan fees and wages.

That said it's starting to look like the PL boys have a firm valuation on Szmodics (assume he doesn't tick the right boxes in their analytics - but worse 21 year olds do) and this transfer might not come off.

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That said it's starting to look like the PL boys have a firm valuation on Szmodics (assume he doesn't tick the right boxes in their analytics - but worse 21 year olds do) and this transfer might not come off.

I hope so

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Ipswich is going to be a circus this year, then straight back down, from a footbaling point of view it would be a bad decision to go there, he'd be better sticking it out hete until a respectable club comes in or even better help uz get back to the promised land😅😅

P. S. Seems Ipswich have now signed Kalvin Philips on loan for the season to. I betting even that loan deal cost twice what they've offered for Smzodics 

Even if Ipswich come straight down if Sammi signs he will still get premier league exposure.  If he shows well then he will have other suitors when Ipswich return to the championship. No doubt Tractor boys will recoup more than they spent on him too 

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Just bloody pay it then! 

IMG_0089.png

We all know it's going to get done, probably in the final hours of the window

Let's hope our fax machine breaks down again

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The Szmodics transfer would pay for loan fees and wages.

We had bids turned down for De Lange without selling Szmodic that money should still be there. 

Loan signings will be made regardless over what happens with Sammie

32 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We will still sign loan players....if we sell szmodic what are they really going to spend? £1 or £2 million?

If we somehow keep Sammie then we know we have a top quality player on our hands. Possibly the best player in the Championship. The small amount we would reinvest from his sale would likely be spent on unproven players. I think I would happily only sign loan players from here on in if it meant we kept Sammie. If this means we can’t spend money on a Keeper then I would hope our previous dealings with Brighton would mean we had a chance of signing Rushworth. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

We all know it's going to get done, probably in the final hours of the window

Let's hope our fax machine breaks down again

When it comes to outgoings our fax machine is one of the most reliable out there! 

• Like 2