BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

11 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Nixon specified 500k I cannot for the life of me see that as being the stumbling block for a newly promoted club 

If neither side are willing to compromise then I’m not sure it really matters what league the buying club is from.

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

If neither side are willing to compromise then I’m not sure it really matters what league the buying club is from.

Fair in relation to compromising. I personally don’t think it’s 500k is what I’m getting at. Ipswich are newly promoted and have banked millions they just loaned Phillips and looking to loan broja. If they are digging their heels in over 500k then they don’t really want the lad that’s how I view it as if they really really wanted him and Nixon is right about the 500k that would have been resolved by now. So for me anyway I don’t believe that 500k is the sticking point I think his figures are wrong  

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I asked nixon if he has heard anymore about a goalkeeper, he replied that should have an answer over a keeper by the weekend.He didn't give a name

Wait for the answer to be that we are not signing one 😉 

Eustace again is saying nothing is close regarding incomings.

In the last week we have seen Eustace saying he wants 5 more players, to Waggott/Rudy saying 2 or 3, to now Eustace saying today "If they don't happen we have got a great group anyway".

Doesn't bode well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Eustace again is saying nothing is close regarding incomings.

In the last week we have seen Eustace saying he wants 5 more players, to Waggott/Rudy saying 2 or 3, to now Eustace saying today "If they don't happen we have got a great group anyway".

Doesn't bode well.

In bold, please tell me he hasn’t said that?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

In bold, please tell me he hasn’t said that?!

Eustace has made it clear he wants to add more bodies to his squad to strengthen his options. A goalkeeper, full-back and midfielder remain obvious priorities with a wide player also desired.

"It's very evident that we need three or four players to help with certain positions," Eustace said.

"If not, we'll get on with it. The group is good. There's nothing at the moment, I know everyone is working as hard as they can to get players in.

"It's non-stop, we want to keep as many players as we can at the football club and bring in as many good players we can too. It's very busy.

That's from his press conference today.

21 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'm guessing it's either Rushworth or Ruddy. 

Sheffield United out of the Rushworth race now after signing Cooper.

As long as we were to keep Szmodics, then Rushworth, Ayari,  a left footed version of James Hill, and a wide player with pace and end product. (even if they were all on loan) & I would be ecstatic,  Would give Rovers a genuine possibility of a place in the play offs lottery.

If Szmodics is to leave, then I would want least 2 of those 4 to be permanent signings, and would not necessarily expect a direct replacement for Szmodics beyond those already at the club (signing Dolan to a new contract).  Wouldn't then expect a shot at the play offs, but it would be building towards the next season with more of our own players and less loans.

Edited by KentExile

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

As long as we were to keep Szmodics, then Rushworth, Ayari,  a left footed version of James Hill, and a wide player with pace and end product. (even if they were all on loan) & I would be ecstatic, 

If Szmodics is to leave, then I would want least 2 of those 4 to be permanent signings, and would not necessarily expect a direct replacement for Szmodics beyond those already at the club

Rushworth loan fee rumoured to be 1million plus wages 

ayari - came into his own at the end of last season would happily take him back

hill - would be fantastic would be delighted with that one 

• Like 1

Eustace is clearly pissed off with the lack of incomings and seems to be unsure as to whether he will get what we need at all.

If we try a season with such a small squad and with only Pears as a senior keeper, we will inevitably be favourites to go down as we dont have enough players.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

As long as we were to keep Szmodics, then Rushworth, Ayari,  a left footed version of James Hill, and a wide player with pace and end product. (even if they were all on loan) & I would be ecstatic, 

If Szmodics is to leave, then I would want least 2 of those 4 to be permanent signings, and would not necessarily expect a direct replacement for Szmodics beyond those already at the club

Agreed we should all be hoping that Szmodic stays.

If he is sold there won't be a warchest ,£1 or £2 million would go back in.Loans will definitely happen regardless if Szmodic is sold or not 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Eustace is clearly pissed off with the lack of incomings and seems to be unsure as to whether he will get what we need at all.

If we try a season with such a small squad and with only Pears as a senior keeper, we will inevitably be favourites to go down as we dont have enough players.

I take it you didn’t watch us v derby or Plymouth for that matter

we need a number 1 to replace pears there’s no doubt about it and we need bodies in there’s no doubt about that but clear favs to go down? I’m not so sure 

11 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Left footed version of Hill, not Hill himself

Not sure that Hill would not be able to do the Brittain role, Duru can be his understudy, JRC also if needed.  we need competition for Pickering, a left back who can slide across into a back 3 when Brittain goes forward

* Not to say that Hill wasn't a great loan, but not sure he is the right fit in this years tactical setup

Edited by KentExile

6 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I take it you didn’t watch us v derby or Plymouth for that matter

we need a number 1 to replace pears there’s no doubt about it and we need bodies in there’s no doubt about that but clear favs to go down? I’m not so sure 

Two games a week w/ injuries and suspensions. We'd be playing unblooded Academy kids before we knew it.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

There was a rumour doing the rounds on Twitter that he was having a medical in Ipswich on Tuesday. He then turned up at Stockport after the medical and played for Rovers, which I’m sure Ipswich would definitely have agreed to😉

We’re now reduced to Watsapp messages from Dave the Butcher from Clitheroe saying Sammie to Ipswich ‘is done’🤣

Its all good fun!

These conspiracy theories about SS going to Ipswich having a medical then coming back to play for Rovers are so far fetched is for the birds

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Rushworth loan fee rumoured to be 1million plus wages 

ayari - came into his own at the end of last season would happily take him back

I'd happily buy Ayari if they quoted us a fair price, I think there's a quality player in there. 

• Like 2

Waggot “Johnny boy, you’ve just scored 10 goals in 2 games, I’m not picking up the phone to India to ask for permission to spend money on extra players, they’ll laugh at me”

• Like 1