BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Two games a week w/ injuries and suspensions. We'd be playing unblooded Academy kids before we knew it.

I see the point but I still maintain our current squad even as it is is much better than derby and Plymouth’s who will also have 2 games per week with injuries and suspensions 

I do agree though more players through the door would be ideal 

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

JE is just showing faith in the players he has. He can’t exactly say ‘we’re fucked if we don’t sign anyone’, even if he thinks it. 

Still 2 weeks of the window left. I’m sure there will be more incomings

Hmm slightly disagree, you take our the bold bit (below) and it reads a lot easier… All in all you’re probably right but JDT wouldn’t have worded it like that.

"It's very evident that we need three or four players to help with certain positions," Eustace said.

"If not, we'll get on with it. The group is good. There's nothing at the moment, I know everyone is working as hard as they can to get players in.

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Hmm slightly disagree, you take our the bold bit (below) and it reads a lot easier… All in all you’re probably right but JDT wouldn’t have worded it like that.

"It's very evident that we need three or four players to help with certain positions," Eustace said.

"If not, we'll get on with it. The group is good. There's nothing at the moment, I know everyone is working as hard as they can to get players in.

I think you might be reading too much into it. He’s not in charge of transfers but he’s making very clear in that statement we are a few players short of what he wants. He then states the obvious that if he doesn’t get them then he and the squad will just have to crack on. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Not one to get unnecessarily worried, but that passage in the interview is worrying as it’s the first time JE has accepted that there might not be another fullback or keeper signed. The first time he’s said “and if we don’t get one, then we’ll make do”

gulp….

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I think you might be reading too much into it. He’s not in charge of transfers but he’s making very clear in that statement we are a few players short of what he wants. He then states the obvious that if he doesn’t get them then he and the squad will just have to crack on. 

I hope you’re right!

49 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I take it you didn’t watch us v derby or Plymouth for that matter

we need a number 1 to replace pears there’s no doubt about it and we need bodies in there’s no doubt about that but clear favs to go down? I’m not so sure 

Lol you are going off one game against a very poor Derby side?

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've passed the opinion all along that Ipswich don't really want Szmodics that badly and recent reports that they're quibbling over £500k do nothing to dispel that notion. In normal circumstances I wouldn't sell him to Ipswich on principle now after all the messing about.

Why do i get the feeling that it is down to rovers not being willing to pay SS the loyalty fee stipulated in his contract…

On principle I could understand Ipswich refusing - likewise SS not putting in a transfer request if he had been promised a move if a certain fee was offered.

Just the sort of bullshit move I would expect from SW/Shadow/V’s

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I see the point but I still maintain our current squad even as it is is much better than derby and Plymouth’s who will also have 2 games per week with injuries and suspensions 

I do agree though more players through the door would be ideal 

I'd argue that more players through the door is essential. The squad is desperately thin and contains a few injury prone players. If the window closed now I'd be very fearful of relegation.

Edit: spelling

Edited by London blue
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

this is pure torture, I was completely ready for szmods to leave.... he now plays the odd few minutes scoring goals, and it then gives you this false hope he may stay? 😂
I'm now to the point its going to be absolutely gutting him going at this stage. I think we all know how this ends. He gets sold in the final few days to someone out the blue, like a leeds. 
I had told myself its done in pre season. Now its like a slow death.
Praying for a miracle he stays. 

• Like 2

Ipswich first bid that was reported was £6 million pounds,an embarrassing bid for the championship top scorer.

Its quite clearly Ipswich that are not meeting Szmodic valuation.

And at the end of the day even if it is rovers who are holding it up then who cares?He is playing in the games so far and scoring goals.

Some on here just want us to accept whatever bid Ipswich have put in.Its madness

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Crazy thing is, that should we not bring in those extra 3 or 4 players, and we suffer injuries and suspensions, then it's going to be a very difficult season. 

If we have a bad season, it's not that useless Waggot that gets the bullet, it's Eustace, even though the club knew that the squad was too thin for a full season..When will those in charge of player recruitment and financials, take responsibility for the lack of support to the manager? 

Edited by Iceman

27 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Why do i get the feeling that it is down to rovers not being willing to pay SS the loyalty fee stipulated in his contract…

On principle I could understand Ipswich refusing - likewise SS not putting in a transfer request if he had been promised a move if a certain fee was offered.

Just the sort of bullshit move I would expect from SW/Shadow/V’s

Why would Rovers promise Szmodic he could leave for a certain fee?

I dont think it is Waggott holding it up, I just think no club has bid enough. 

But if we follow your thinking then surely we should be happy with club in this instance? Szmodic has already helped us get 3 points in the league and through to the next round of the cup

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, London blue said:

I'd argue that more players through the door is essential. The squad is desperately thin and contains a few injury prone players. If the window closed now I'd be very fearful of relegation.

Edit: spelling

Of the window closed now and we still have szmodics I’d be more than confident we would be better than 3 other teams - we action here like rovers are the only team that gets injuries and suspensions etc - we most definitely need more bodies to improve no doubt about it but I think there are worse off teams in the division this year than rovers 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why would Rovers promise Szmodic he could leave for a certain fee?

I dont think it is Waggott holding it up, I just think no club has bid enough. 

But if we follow your thinking then surely we should be happy with club in this instance? Szmodic has already helped us get 3 points in the league and through to the next round of the cup

I’m not unhappy that SS is still here - the question is whether he has been deceived.

As to why - given the shitstorm behind the scenes I consider it a reasonable move for both sides at the time.

Correct - no club has bid enough but have they been given a figure only for Rovers to then add a “by the way”. Seem to think we tried something similar with Ash Phillips only problem being that on that occasion it was written into the contract…

2 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

I’m not unhappy that SS is still here - the question is whether he has been deceived.

As to why - given the shitstorm behind the scenes I consider it a reasonable move for both sides at the time.

Correct - no club has bid enough but have they been given a figure only for Rovers to then add a “by the way”. Seem to think we tried something similar with Ash Phillips only problem being that on that occasion it was written into the contract…

If that was the case I’d bet that szmodics would have done a Rowe if he’s felt deceived in any way 

everything doesn’t have to be a conspiracy or a rovers fault (even though we have history)

it for me is simple - Ipswich have not met the clubs valuation 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Ipswich first bid that was reported was £6 million pounds,an embarrassing bid for the championship top scorer.

Its quite clearly Ipswich that are not meeting Szmodic valuation.

And at the end of the day even if it is rovers who are holding it up then who cares?He is playing in the games so far and scoring goals.

Some on here just want us to accept whatever bid Ipswich have put in.Its madness

Nope - just don’t like broken agreements.

All speculation on my part but if it was a genuine negotiation from day 1 then I would have expected SS to have been reintegrated into the squad earlier 

Again - purely conjecture and speculation on my part

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Nope - just don’t like broken agreements.

All speculation on my part but if it was a genuine negotiation from day 1 then I would have expected SS to have been reintegrated into the squad earlier 

Again - purely conjecture and speculation on my part

Knowing the last 2 years and how we’ve handled transfer I 100% agree with you.

The goal posts have moved from an initial agreement…Even Eustace seems confused as to whats going on and why it’s being dragged out.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

If that was the case I’d bet that szmodics would have done a Rowe if he’s felt deceived in any way 

everything doesn’t have to be a conspiracy or a rovers fault (even though we have history)

it for me is simple - Ipswich have not met the clubs valuation 

Does the club have a valuation that they stick by? Say 15m to Ipswich from day 1 then fair enough.

Tell SS he can leave for 8 and then move the goalposts when it becomes obvious that they can get more. Contractually SS doesn’t have a leg to stand on and, if this conspiracy theory is correct then much credit to him for being professional.

Again - key words “theory” and “if”

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Knowing the last 2 years and how we’ve handled transfer I 100% agree with you.

The goal posts have moved from an initial agreement…Even Eustace is confused as to what is going on! 

What do you think we should accept for Szmodic?

Various media outlets had their first bid at £6 million.Which is way way too low.

Szmodic is under contract here and even the figures of 8/9 million is too low. 

Szmodic is playing and playing well we should be looking for as much as we can get for him....this gentleman's agreement doing the rounds makes zero sense...why would a clause not have been put in his latest contract?

4 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Does the club have a valuation that they stick by? Say 15m to Ipswich from day 1 then fair enough.

Tell SS he can leave for 8 and then move the goalposts when it becomes obvious that they can get more. Contractually SS doesn’t have a leg to stand on and, if this conspiracy theory is correct then much credit to him for being professional.

Again - key words “theory” and “if”

Why would the club tell Szmodic he can leave for £8 million?  

Why wouldn't there have been a clause stipulating a release figure in his contract? It makes zero sense

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What do you think we should accept for Szmodic?

Various media outlets had their first bid at £6 million.Which is way way too low.

Szmodic is under contract here and even the figures of 8/9 million is too low. 

Szmodic is playing and playing well we should be looking for as much as we can get for him....this gentleman's agreement doing the rounds makes zero sense...why would a clause not have been put in his latest contract?

What I think is irrelevant to the point really…I think 10million is a good deal (with add ons) and if it means we can re-invest this window we should be accepting.

The point is the deal looked like it was progressing well, he didn’t feature at all in Pre-Season (initially down to an “injury”) which is understandable to protect him, if a deal is close.

All of a sudden its no where near being done, Eustace unsure what’s going on and him now playing games for us.

We screwed up at least 5 deals in the last few years with rumours waggot and Suhail changing their minds last minute…I can just see this being the same scenario.

If Ipswich want him I’m sure they would have had him by now. I think something changed and now Ipswich are being difficult and standing their ground.

No fan should think like the above but it’s the sad state of this club recently, players are currently leaving and we aren’t replacing…Still time of course.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2