BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

47 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why would Rovers promise Szmodic he could leave for a certain fee?

I dont think it is Waggott holding it up, I just think no club has bid enough. 

But if we follow your thinking then surely we should be happy with club in this instance? Szmodic has already helped us get 3 points in the league and through to the next round of the cup

We just need him to stay until January.. 

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

What I think is irrelevant to the point really…I think 10million is a good deal (with add ons) and if it means we can re-invest this window we should be accepting.

The point is the deal looked like it was progressing well, he didn’t feature at all in Pre-Season (initially down to an “injury”) which is understandable to protect him, if a deal is close.

All of a sudden its no where near being done, Eustace unsure what’s going on and him now playing games for us.

We screwed up at least 5 deals in the last few years with rumours waggot and Suhail changing their minds last minute…I can just see this being the same scenario.

If Ipswich want him I’m sure they would have had him by now. I think something changed and now Ipswich are being difficult and standing their ground.

If Rovers went back on their word over a fee they would sell Sammie for ,then I would have expected a transfer request and Szmodic not playing. 

You say that you would just "expect Ipswich to pay it" but various media outlets had their first bid at £6 million which is quite clearly Ipswich taking the piss not rovers. 

I for one am absolutely delighted Szmodic is still at the club and Sammie is performing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If Rovers went back on their word over a fee they would sell Sammie for ,then I would have expected a transfer request and Szmodic not playing. 

You say that you would just "expect Ipswich to pay it" but various media outlets had their first bid at £6 million which is quite clearly Ipswich taking the piss not rovers. 

I for one am absolutely delighted Szmodic is still at the club and Sammie is performing.

I don’t think he has that in his DNA, he seems a good sportsman and I think he’s just getting on with things - He owes the club a lot.

I would be more than happy with him to stay also…Sooner it’s all nipped in the bud the better for everyone.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

11 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

What I think is irrelevant to the point really…I think 10million is a good deal (with add ons) and if it means we can re-invest this window we should be accepting.

The point is the deal looked like it was progressing well, he didn’t feature at all in Pre-Season (initially down to an “injury”) which is understandable to protect him, if a deal is close.

All of a sudden its no where near being done, Eustace unsure what’s going on and him now playing games for us.

We screwed up at least 5 deals in the last few years with rumours waggot and Suhail changing their minds last minute…I can just see this being the same scenario.

If Ipswich want him I’m sure they would have had him by now. I think something changed and now Ipswich are being difficult and standing their ground.

No fan should think like the above but it’s the sad state of this club recently, players are currently leaving and we aren’t replacing…Still time of course.

Ultimately is it Waggott and Suhail who decide what fee is acceptable ? Isn't the likely answer that somebody in India has sent over an instruction that no offers below a certain amount can be accepted ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I don’t think he has that in his DNA, he seems a good sportsman and I think he’s just getting on with things - He owes the club a lot.

I would be more than happy with him to stay also…Sooner it’s all nipped in the bud the better for everyone.

Sorry but a ‘good sportsman’ wouldn’t come into it if your employer deceived you. If I was a good worker and my employer back tracked on any agreement we had before I’d be furious. The reality is we don’t know and a lot on here seem to just jump on some unverified Ipswich sources the same sources that said Sammie was there for a medical Clarke was signing and hamer had agreed a fee. Then to read that their sources were spreading false information same can apply here

ipswich offered a pathetic 6 million and upped it to 8 million that’s all been confirmed and our figure was always higher than that certainly not the 20million quoted in media but 10 plus add ons 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Ultimately is it Waggott and Suhail who decide what fee is acceptable ? Isn't the likely answer that somebody in India has sent over an instruction that no offers below a certain amount can be accepted ?

I imagine Suhail is the thorn in this situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Exactly the owners will decide if a bid is acceptable or not. 

Another reason why I think this gentleman's 8 million fee is nonsense, as if anyone but the owners would have the authority to do that.

I feel £10m is the minimum we should accept for SS plus some added extras if he scores X goals , makes X appearances nothing less if that figure isn’t reached he stays scores goals and possibly moves for even more in January when teams in the bottom 6;of PL get desperate ..

That said what we don’t want is an unhappy SS that is sulking and not putting effort in and not scoring goals , I don’t believe he is that type of player but some have already questioned his body language 

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Exactly the owners will decide if a bid is acceptable or not. 

Another reason why I think this gentleman's 8 million fee is nonsense, as if anyone but the owners would have the authority to do that.

Suhail will do the driving in all this, he will say jump and venkeys will say okay as long as it’s safe.

Ipswich have previous with us. Do you all remember the Keith Andrews saga when he went on loan,performed well and scored loads of goals for them and they refused to buy him?

Different times, different owners I know but also consider their low-ball offer for Gallagher( to unsettle as many Rovers players as possible as we  are in financial straits??) 

On this one,I totally agree with Chaddy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Suhail will do the driving in all this, he will say jump and venkeys will say okay as long as it’s safe.

Again I think Szmodic is still a rovers player because nobody has bid enough.

Did Suhail advise them not to sell Rothwell, not to negotiate a Brererton departure?To let Nyambe and Lenihen run their contracts down. 

Like I keep saying £6 million wa s widely reported as Ipswichs first bid that is way off what we should be accepting 

55 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Of the window closed now and we still have szmodics I’d be more than confident we would be better than 3 other teams - we action here like rovers are the only team that gets injuries and suspensions etc - we most definitely need more bodies to improve no doubt about it but I think there are worse off teams in the division this year than rovers 

This was before Markanday left. We have one of the smallest squads, one of whom is out the whole season, a few more are made of glass. 

In my opinion, we need more bodies to compete.

20240815_175704.jpg

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Again I think Szmodic is still a rovers player because nobody has bid enough.

Did Suhail advise them not to sell Rothwell, not to negotiate a Brererton departure?To let Nyambe and Lenihen run their contracts down. 

Like I keep saying £6 million wa s widely reported as Ipswichs first bid that is way off what we should be accepting 

Im not arguing Ipswich aren’t paying up.

As I said earlier the transfer looked as if it was happening, szmodics didn’t feature at all in pre-season for protection…Now he’s playing, why not feature in pre- season?

I’m basing my opinion solely on the last 2 years and how weve messed up deals…I think there’s been some last minute fiddling and that’s why we are where we are.

8 minutes ago, London blue said:

This was before Markanday left. We have one of the smallest squads, one of whom is out the whole season, a few more are made of glass. 

In my opinion, we need more bodies to compete.

20240815_175704.jpg

Iv agreed with that, what I didt agree with was we would be ‘clear favourites’ for relegation 

I’m not buying this szmodics has an 8million agreement, he had signed from Peterborough. Had 11 goals when he signed the new deal getting a pay rise. In no way did he have the bargaining power to insert a clause like that. He came to a much bigger club at a higher level. Ridiculous if true. 

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Im not arguing Ipswich aren’t paying up.

As I said earlier the transfer looked as if it was happening, szmodics didn’t feature at all in pre-season for protection…Now he’s playing, why not feature in pre- season?

I’m basing my opinion solely on the last 2 years and how weve messed up deals…I think there’s been some last minute fiddling and that’s why we are where we are.

What exit deals have we messed up? Incomings we have been a shambles but we seem pretty good at letting players go so I don’t really see your point with that one?

but really as a rovers fan what does it matter at present we have a player who has contributed 3 goals and an assist in what 90 odd mins of football. You are just creating a narrative to be negative when there’s a million other reasons you can do that and be justified - this isn’t one of them 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Ipswich first bid that was reported was £6 million pounds,an embarrassing bid for the championship top scorer.

Its quite clearly Ipswich that are not meeting Szmodic valuation.

And at the end of the day even if it is rovers who are holding it up then who cares?He is playing in the games so far and scoring goals.

Some on here just want us to accept whatever bid Ipswich have put in.Its madness

Which people want us to accept anything for him?

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

I asked nixon if he has heard anymore about a goalkeeper, he replied that should have an answer over a keeper by the weekend.He didn't give a name

Sounds like hes doing the negotiations.

3 hours ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I take it you didn’t watch us v derby or Plymouth for that matter

we need a number 1 to replace pears there’s no doubt about it and we need bodies in there’s no doubt about that but clear favs to go down? I’m not so sure 

I did, and we have an obviously superior starting 11 compared to them, although 3 go down, not 2.

But I said if we dont strengthen further, our squad is so thin that it wont be able to survive the rigours of a 46 game season.

4 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

What exit deals have we messed up? Incomings we have been a shambles but we seem pretty good at letting players go so I don’t really see your point with that one?

but really as a rovers fan what does it matter at present we have a player who has contributed 3 goals and an assist in what 90 odd mins of football. You are just creating a narrative to be negative when there’s a million other reasons you can do that and be justified - this isn’t one of them 

I meant deals as a whole.

O’brien, Brierly, Mcguire, Batth last year all failures and in the last 2 years. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Which people want us to accept anything for him?

Sounds like hes doing the negotiations.

I did, and we have an obviously superior starting 11 compared to them, although 3 go down, not 2.

But I said if we dont strengthen further, our squad is so thin that it wont be able to survive the rigours of a 46 game season.

But again every team has a 46 + game schedule in the championship. All clubs will have injuries and suspensions. I agree we need bodies in to help progress but I stand by what Iv said I think there is and will be worse off teams than ourselves this season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

But again every team has a 46 + game schedule in the championship. All clubs will have injuries and suspensions. I agree we need bodies in to help progress but I stand by what Iv said I think there is and will be worse off teams than ourselves this season

But we are particularly thin, hence why any superior quality in our starting 11 over the bottom sides will quite possibly be negated by having such a thin squad. 

We have one senior keeper who is awful, one senior left back, one senior right back and three senior midfielders. So I say this only if we dont get any more signings, a couple of injuries and we are having to play players out of position to avoid using totally untested kids.

• Like 1