BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But we are particularly thin, hence why any superior quality in our starting 11 over the bottom sides will quite possibly be negated by having such a thin squad. 

We have one senior keeper who is awful, one senior left back, one senior right back and three senior midfielders. So I say this only if we dont get any more signings, a couple of injuries and we are having to play players out of position to avoid using totally untested kids.

What if Plymouth derby Oxford Portsmouth all get injuries - I’m not disagreeing that we need more bodies that’s 100% a given and I’d be wincing watching us with little to no cover if that was the case. But we will get bodies in whether it be loan deals or not. I still think there are 4/5 times with similar/smaller squad size untested at this level would be in a worse off position than ourselves just my opinion of course 

43 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Suhail will do the driving in all this, he will say jump and venkeys will say okay as long as it’s safe.

After he said jump to the purchase of Brereton for 6/7 million then his exit for nothing i'd say they won't be jumping very far on his word.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

After he said jump to the purchase of Brereton for 6/7 million then his exit for nothing i'd say they won't be jumping very far on his word.

I mean he’s still here so I think they trust everything he says…Especislly when we’re bringing in 30m of value and spending 0.05% of it

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I mean he’s still here so I think they trust everything he says…Especislly when we’re bringing in 30m of value and spending 0.05% of it

After they let 20 million walk for nothing, employed a useless DoF and employed a Head Coach who was so desperate to leave he wanted to forfeit his pay off, then we nearly got relegated. 

So yeah i can see why they'd trust everything he says !

I'd say closer to the truth is they'll decide rightly or wrongly regardless of him.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Which people want us to accept anything for him?

Sounds like hes doing the negotiations.

I did, and we have an obviously superior starting 11 compared to them, although 3 go down, not 2.

But I said if we dont strengthen further, our squad is so thin that it wont be able to survive the rigours of a 46 game season.

Read the thread .I didnt say anything for him I said accept whatever bid has come in from Ipswich. 

We have had posters say that Szmodic would be in his right to kick off if we don't accept Ipswichs bid and others saying the reason he hasn't joined Ipswich is because of Waggott and Suhail 

21 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Chuffed that Dack has got another club

Well on his way to the PL before those two horrible injuries. Shame what happens to men in this sport. The line between success and failure really is that thin

and SS is one bad injury away from it all being over.

No, we shouldn't give him away but I think our judgement needs to be far more sound than we have seen with the likes of Lenihan, Brereton, Rothwell and Dack where we got zilch for four very, very good Championship players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

After they let 20 million walk for nothing, employed a useless DoF and employed a Head Coach who was so desperate to leave he wanted to forfeit his pay off, then we nearly got relegated. 

So yeah i can see why they'd trust everything he says !

I'd say closer to the truth is they'll decide rightly or wrongly regardless of him.

Why is he still in a job then?!

42 minutes ago, BigHoz said:

I’m not buying this szmodics has an 8million agreement, he had signed from Peterborough. Had 11 goals when he signed the new deal getting a pay rise. In no way did he have the bargaining power to insert a clause like that. He came to a much bigger club at a higher level. Ridiculous if true. 

He signed a new contract at the end of November last year so that’s when it supposedly happened.
Although you’d just put it written in the new contract as a release clause, not a gentleman’s verbal agreement with Swag and Egg.

50 minutes ago, BigHoz said:

I’m not buying this szmodics has an 8million agreement, he had signed from Peterborough. Had 11 goals when he signed the new deal getting a pay rise. In no way did he have the bargaining power to insert a clause like that. He came to a much bigger club at a higher level. Ridiculous if true. 

He renegotiated his contract in December ish. 

34 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Chuffed that Dack has got another club

Well on his way to the PL before those two horrible injuries. Shame what happens to men in this sport. The line between success and failure really is that thin

it winds me up when non football people say players are overpaid,they fail to consider it`s a short career(10 yrs 15 if you are lucky) and it`s one dodgy tackle away from being all over or in dacks case one bad injury from reaching the top

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No, we shouldn't give him away but I think our judgement needs to be far more sound than we have seen with the likes of Lenihan, Brereton, Rothwell and Dack where we got zilch for four very, very good Championship players.

And our judgement is sound on this one 9/10million and Ipswich can have him good luck. Until that valuation is met he’s a rovers player 

• Like 2

Crikey League 2 has aged Bradley terribly.

Anything is possible with Waggott etc but I am.not buying the cobblers being written on here about broken verbal agreements and Ipswich shifting their blame onto us about their parsimony in signing a PL bench warmer from us.

Plenty of case law that holds a verbal/handshake agreement as a binding contract so if Szmodics' agent is anyone better than just a guy he met in the pub, he would have Rovers in a triple nelson foe breaking their word.

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

it winds me up when non football people say players are overpaid,they fail to consider it`s a short career(10 yrs 15 if you are lucky) and it`s one dodgy tackle away from being all over or in dacks case one bad injury from reaching the top

Agree in terms of efl players but that is it. Prem money and high end champ league teams money is an absolute disgrace 

44 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

But again every team has a 46 + game schedule in the championship. All clubs will have injuries and suspensions. I agree we need bodies in to help progress but I stand by what Iv said I think there is and will be worse off teams than ourselves this season

Similar to what I was saying the other day. All teams are carrying/playing players who aren't 100%. All teams will also add to their squad before the end of August. 

If Rovers can be one of the best at overcoming this period, before other teams no doubt fork out millions more on players than we do, then there are important points to be had. 

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Similar to what I was saying the other day. All teams are carrying/playing players who aren't 100%. All teams will also add to their squad before the end of August. 

If Rovers can be one of the best at overcoming this period, before other teams no doubt fork out millions more on players than we do, then there are important points to be had. 

But realistically in terms of who we are competing with/against who is splashing millions? Without selling a star player (excluding the relegated teams) not many 

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

10 years at probably ten times as much as the average worker. therefore the average worker would have to work for 100 years to get the same money. 

29 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Yeah, in hindsight we haven’t made good business decisions on player trading. Which is remarkable for a club that has brought in around £40m in recent years 

I could understand the Brereton case somewhat. We were sat in a good position in that Jan market - league wise - and out of the around £8m supposedly on offer we’d have had very little to reinvest. The gamble may have worked

The rest, just poor ownership imo 

For the Smodzics stuff it may be just as simple as us saying we’d accept a reasonable offer and then arguing what reasonable is. It could also be that we said we’d accept £8m but Ipswich are suggesting that is £6m up front and £2m in deferred payments / bonuses whilst we are saying it has to be guaranteed payment. It could even be that we want £8m after we’ve paid the sell on fee to Peterborough. 

There’s lots of areas there could be arguments about. I’d argue we shouldn’t let him go for less than £10m on current t form.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Read the thread .I didnt say anything for him I said accept whatever bid has come in from Ipswich. 

We have had posters say that Szmodic would be in his right to kick off if we don't accept Ipswichs bid and others saying the reason he hasn't joined Ipswich is because of Waggott and Suhail 

But neither of those things you mention equate to people saying we should just accept what Ipswich have offered.

Szmodics would potentially kick off if he didnt get his move, it quite likely would never come again. And there is probably a chance that our incompetent owners and those 2 clowns running the show for them will have messed around, we dont know but certainly have form for it. But neither means we should just accept what they offered, youve jumped to that conclusion.

55 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

What if Plymouth derby Oxford Portsmouth all get injuries - I’m not disagreeing that we need more bodies that’s 100% a given and I’d be wincing watching us with little to no cover if that was the case. But we will get bodies in whether it be loan deals or not. I still think there are 4/5 times with similar/smaller squad size untested at this level would be in a worse off position than ourselves just my opinion of course 

But I firstly assume that we would be alone in not getting any players in should that happen. And also those sides have more senior players than us beyond the first 11, they arent very good but not as much of a drop off as us going from players who are better than the starting line ups/first 14 or 15 players that they have, to total novices or players out of position.

Its very much a case of if we dont get anyone in, I would like to think we will get players in 

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Ipswich now in talks with Broja from Chelsea…have they moved on? 🤞🏽

Let's hope so

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Eustace is clearly pissed off with the lack of incomings and seems to be unsure as to whether he will get what we need at all.

If we try a season with such a small squad and with only Pears as a senior keeper, we will inevitably be favourites to go down as we dont have enough players.

is he pissed off? not the impress I got from watching his interview with Andy Bayes. He wants signings but he putting pressure on Waggott, Gestede and Park to bring players in. 

39 minutes ago, Mercer said:

yet he is still here, despite Ipswich wasting our time with unacceptable bids. They know the price we want, so just pay it and fcuk off