BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

One of my favourite players of recent years. Not the best technical player I’ve seen, nor the quickest but what he had in spades was the ability to make us believe and that determination on the pitch.

i wish you well and will be forever grateful for saving us last year, you deserve a shot at the big time and I will be rooting for you to do well.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Think anyone with a degree of knowledge about body language would suggest he looked a tad pissed off as he trudged off the pitch when subbed at Stockport and certainly not because he'd been subbed!

Not for me. He wanted his hat trick and another goal. Who can blame him? That's what a goalscorer wants

1 hour ago, B16Rover said:

Christ alive.  Results are looking decent enough let's turn the taps off.  There's a risk we get playoffs if we improve too far.

who says the taps are off? 

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Real shame about Szmodics. 

Without an adequate replacement, we'll struggle.

Needs to be some reinvestment into the squad.

Dolan has been earmarked for that position by Eustace. 

Now need 4 or 5 signings in in the next 15 days. 

2 minutes ago, imy9 said:

One of my favourite players of recent years. Not the best technical player I’ve seen, nor the quickest but what he had in spades was the ability to make us believe and that determination on the pitch.

You are making him sounds like the club's retired mascot

Edited by CambridgeRover

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Sammie gone according to SSN, medical in the morning.

I see three scenarios playing out:

1) Venkys win their court case on Tuesday and - subject to still being interested in doing so - begin to fund the club again. That will mean we will have the Szmodics money and potentially the Raya money to spend this window. 

2) Venkys have their case pushed back again and the Szmodics money is banked to cover running costs until January

3) Venkys lose the court case, the Szmodics money is used to cover loses whilst a buyer is fou

I'll take number 3 please.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, imy9 said:

i wish you well and will be forever grateful for saving us last year, you deserve a shot at the big time and I will be rooting for you to do well.

Totally agree. 

Szmodics is one of my favourite Rovers player ever

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Hope they met the fee we wanted rather than us getting bent over 

Gutted.Huge loss

That's my hope too

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Those certainly look like tattooed arms. Did you follow him to Ipswich?

I don’t have time to follow him to Ipswich, I would rather post on here all day instead 😉 

• Like 4

Knew it was coming, but hard not to hold on to that bit of hope with him coming on and then starting for us. 

One positive is that we've started the season with other players popping up with goals and chances. That wasn't the case at the end of last season when it felt like we were dependent on Sammy for every single goal. 

He deserves his crack at the PL, a dream for every footballer. Wish him all the best. 

• Like 1