BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, London blue said:

Fella we fucked the player over. He has every right to badmouth the club. 

No he can badmouth the individuals not the name , he has no right to that 

shooting himself in the foot anyway, he wouldn’t be signing for us if he had any kind of decent offer elsewhere, we were apparently still interested so good luck to him finding another interested party. Need to be more canny in business 

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I get that we screwed up with McGuire but I don’t really like his attitude in that video. Sorry but we still have a much greater legacy than you and your mls career mate, it should still be an attractive option for your career progression and not just about money. We move on from that one imo 

Firstly this kind of aligns to what Chris Brown says - some fans think that due to the history of the club, it should be some incredible thing that wins people over. Yet that ignores the recent history of utter tripe. 

Secondly, we humiliated him. Even if we believe the club's version - he chose to come to England when told the transfer had fallen through - we paraded him as signed, literally broadcasting it to the world. Then he had to go back through no fault of his but due to the most incompetent of mistakes. 

I've seen comments on here about how people with any dignity who are employed by the club should stand up for the truth or walk (and forgo relatively decent wages). Yet we also get points like this which, in basic form, is "we're Blackburn Rovers and you should be grateful we're interested in you". McGuire has as much right as any player to slam Rovers and tell them where to go, if that's the stance he wants to take. What he actually said was he'd be willing to speak to the club, if nothing else. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No he can badmouth the individuals not the name , he has no right to that 

shooting himself in the foot anyway, he wouldn’t be signing for us if he had any kind of decent offer elsewhere, we were apparently still interested so good luck to him finding another interested party. Need to be more canny in business 

I guess we just disagree as I feel he has every right to criticise the club as a whole. More so than most.

Good luck to him finding a club interested in an out of contract international striker? I reckon he'll be fine.

15 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

These charlatans are simply the caretakers, I was here before them and I will be here after them, so no I’m not having some mls no mark disrespecting the name. If it doesn’t slightly wrangle you I suggest your not really a supporter of the club, feel free to go and support your city’s, liverpools etc

Have I missed something because all I heard was him saying the club made a big mistake?

• Like 1

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

Have I missed something because all I heard was him saying the club made a big mistake?

Nah he smirked and made a money sign to say if he is even going to entertain us we would need to break the bank, basically we are below him now.

no thanks, move on

3 minutes ago, London blue said:

I guess we just disagree as I feel he has every right to criticise the club as a whole. More so than most.

Good luck to him finding a club interested in an out of contract international striker? I reckon he'll be fine.

Your saying the whole club is rotten due to a few bad eggs, that’s what annoys me

there is some really good people that work at the club , there is a lot of really good fans, do they deserve to be held account due to mistakes of a few? Not in my name 

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Nah he smirked and made a money sign to say if he is even going to entertain us we would need to break the bank, basically we are below him now.

no thanks, move on

Thanks for explaining why you’re so angry.

I think our bank is already broken so I doubt there’s any chance he’ll be joining.

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Your saying the whole club is rotten due to a few bad eggs, that’s what annoys me

there is some really good people that work at the club , there is a lot of really good fans, do they deserve to be held account due to mistakes of a few? Not in my name 

Yeah you're right, he should have said the tea lady and the receptionist were exempt from blame and that Rovers have some great fans.

When (a lot of) people on here - myself included - say the club stinks from top to bottom I think it's a given we don't mean the fella that mops the floor.

Yeah you're right, he should have said the tea lady and the receptionist were exempt from blame and that Rovers have some great fans.

When (a lot of) people on here - myself included - say the club stinks from top to bottom I think it's a given we don't mean the fella that mops the floor.

I know quite a few folk that work at the club and no not in positions you have mentioned, how condescending however, but no they are honest hard working decent folk. If you’re saying it stinks from top to bottom you’re including yourself in that as a fan, part of the club. I mentioned how he should have answered if anything at all, I don’t think he comes out looking great in that interview. I got served an incorrect order at McDonald’s, do I not boycott McDonald’s and hate the company because of an individual error?! 

25 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

With all due respect, stick up for it then! Somebody has to , if it’s not the fans then who?

Sometimes, we cant stick up for it and it doesnt deserve to stuck up for. The club fucked him over, his response is totally reasonable.

I know quite a few folk that work at the club and no not in positions you have mentioned, how condescending however, but no they are honest hard working decent folk. If you’re saying it stinks from top to bottom you’re including yourself in that as a fan, part of the club. I mentioned how he should have answered if anything at all, I don’t think he comes out looking great in that interview. I got served an incorrect order at McDonald’s, do I not boycott McDonald’s and hate the company because of an individual error?! 

Not really the same is it.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Not really the same is it.

Transfers break down all the time at late stages, maybe not as spectacular and as public as ours but it’s not really new to football, I don’t think burning bridges is very wise. It’s about as good as the one I was given about some bird cooking dinner 

I wasn't being condescending, I was highlighting that I understand where the issues with the club lie. 

And no, I'm not including myself. I didn't fly a promising striker over on a promise, take pictures, announce it to the world, damn near get him to sign a contract before sending him packing. 

Not sure I follow your maccies analogy. If they fuck up your order yeah, don't go back if you don't want to?

• Like 1

I wasn't being condescending, I was highlighting that I understand where the issues with the club lie. 

And no, I'm not including myself. I didn't fly a promising striker over on a promise, take pictures, announce it to the world, damn near get him to sign a contract before sending him packing. 

Not sure I follow your maccies analogy. If they fuck up your order yeah, don't go back if you don't want to?

Right do you think the majority of the club wanted that to happen?! 
I think you really need to separate the morons who run the club from the players, fans etc otherwise you just hate the club , what’s your end game as a supporter that hates the club?

I think you really need to separate the morons who run the club from the players, fans etc otherwise you just hate the club , what’s your end game as a supporter that hates the club?

Let me get this straight; I hate the club if I think it's reasonable that McGuire has a pop at Rovers?

If that's your stance I think I'll bow out of the conversation cos that's beyond me.

• Like 5

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we know he has no interest but are pursuing it to make it look like they were doing something. Then we end up with no one and they throw their hands up and say "well we tried, maybe next window!"

He clearly doesn't want to come and that's fair enough considering how amateur our club is at handling anything these days. Move on and actually work on one we could get over the line. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If he had said I hate the players and fans, then fair game. But hes clearly pissed off at the club that fucked up a dream move in the most unacceptably humiliating way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, London blue said:

Let me get this straight; I hate the club if I think it's reasonable that McGuire has a pop at Rovers?

If that's your stance I think I'll bow out of the conversation cos that's beyond me.

No you hate the club if you say it stinks from top to bottom, that includes EVERYTHING, 

I hate venkys and waggot and that’s about it at the club

are these my favourite players no, but I don’t hate them, they are just limited 

if anyone has a dig at the club I will still stick up for it because I’m not defending those above , I’m defending my club 

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No you hate the club if you say it stinks from top to bottom, that includes EVERYTHING, 

I hate venkys and waggot and that’s about it at the club

are these my favourite players no, but I don’t hate them, they are just limited 

if anyone has a dig at the club I will still stick up for it because I’m not defending those above , I’m defending my club 

Alright well let's just leave it there. No hard feelings.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can slag them off all he wants but he is pretty much slagging off the club . I second he should say nothing or simply it was unfortunate what happened but never say never in football and it was a move I was disappointed it didn’t happen. 
We need players to come in and really take to the club and fight for the badge, if we are in a similar position next season we going to rely on him when he says he only moved for the money- no thanks 

Unfortunate haha , Chaddys 2nd account then ?