BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I’m guessing 8.5 up front and clauses up to 12.5 if they stay up plus some form of sell on / profit (just in case)

As earlier - would not surprise me if an agreement was made over monies due to SS from Rovers.

Regardless - hope he does well and that we sign a decent keeper 

26 minutes ago, booth said:

I think we're fucked without him and the money will purchase a goalkeeper and not much else.

I very much hope to be proven wrong.

We aren’t ‘fucked without him’ at all. He’s a bloody good player but we’ve had plenty of them over the years and always managed to carry on once they left.

• Like 8

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

We aren’t ‘fucked without him’ at all. He’s a bloody good player but we’ve had plenty of them over the years and always managed to carry on once they left.

Let's be honest, whenever we have sold our best player we have always been worse off after.

• Like 5

I would assume, or at least I'm hoping, that we have some players lined up already. Then again, this is Rovers, and we will probably have nobody lined up 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

exactly. Other players will step up like Dolan, Gueye, Yuki, etc plus we will other signings. 

Need to bring in 4 or 5 more signings. Keeper, left back, centre mid and winger is a must before the window shuts

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

He's got about three years left SS...selling him for under 15m is shit business...we won't replace him....we'll get an 37 year old goalie...we all know that...Brereton, Wharton and now Szmodicz they keep selling all our assets...

• Like 7

Gutted to see him go but he's more than earned a shot at playing in the Premier League and a higher salary as he comes closer to the end of his career. I'm glad we got to see him lineup for us a couple more times before leaving and I look forward to seeing what he can do against premier league opposition. I expect he'll fair a lot better than BBD.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moptop1 said:

Be interesting to hear who these (supposed…) players are.

I doubt there’ll be any and they pocket the money. That wouldn’t surprise me.

Then we riot! Well, I'll riot here in South Africa

• Like 1

Just in time for the Court hearing on Tuesday. Who would have thought it. 

They carry on taking us for fools.

I predicted weeks and weeks ago that he'd be gone just before or just after 20th August. Waggott's spiel about it not being a critical date for the club I believe to be a lie. They'll now trouser the £10 million and use it to pay their bills until next year.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, booth said:

I think we're fucked without him and the money will purchase a goalkeeper and not much else.

I very much hope to be proven wrong.

If we lose Szmodics, I don't think we are doomed. We already have players who can fill the position he played, maybe not as well as Szmodics did, but only time will tell. I still think getting a good keeper is more important to the team, than keeping hold of Szmodics.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

No announcement on what the fee is?

Probably undisclosed to hide the fact Rovers will have no doubt caved in for a low ball offer.

IMO, undisclosed fees should be banned.

• Like 4

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Screenshot_20240815-212131.png

Not up there with Shearer leaving but still a big blow. Thanks for everything Sammie, you deserve your shot at the Premier League.

Would imagine Ryo Germain could well be on his way now. Obviously GK, LB, CM and winger required at least.

Let's hope the recruitment team are up to the job, done well so far with the new players

• Like 1

Gutted. Especially after a glimmer of hope that the deal had started to go cold. Szmodics will leave a massive hole in our side, we will be massively worse off in his absence and looking down the table again.

I dont get why people are so fixated on the fee and desperately hoping for a couple of million extra. Are people genuinely thinking after all that has happened that a couple of extra million is to the betterment of the football club?

Normally after a big sale, you would expect a chunk to go to running costs. Considering the crazy money we have brought in already recently, we should expect every penny to be made available. We will be lucky to get a slither.

You keep letting your best players go over a short period of time (Kaminski, Wharton, Brereton, Szmodics) and it doesnt tend to go well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

He's got about three years left SS...selling him for under 15m is shit business...we won't replace him....we'll get an 37 year old goalie...we all know that...Brereton, Wharton and now Szmodicz they keep selling all our assets...

Selling our best assets isn’t the problem. It’s what clubs in our position have to do to become sustainable. The bigger issue is not the sale, it’s what we do with the money.

Given his age, £10m is about right. We weren’t getting more next year so now isn’t a bad time to sell and it didn’t go to the final day. What matters most is who we now bring in. 

• Like 6