BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Venkys probably know the outcome of the court case. So accepted the fee quickly, so that they could bank the money without being able to re invest it. We see you Venkys

• Like 2

So there we are then.  37m in the coffers.  

Cannot begrudge Sammy at all.  Saw people gushing over Dack in previous posts but he irked me with his comments joining Sunderland.  For Sammie he did everything (and more) expected of him.  All the best for triple your wage near where you grew up in the Prem.

Annoying as clearly the deal has been structured for as much money up front as possible - which makes me think there's little confidence in the court case.  I think even allowing for age Jacob Greaves isnt twice the player Sammie is.  Was hoping Bournemouth maybe added some contest. 

Slight well done to GB getting the contract sorted and getting some leverage.  Otherwise back to square one of weakening the team and waiting for an Indian judge to decide our fate 

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Not up there with Shearer leaving but still a big blow. Thanks for everything Sammie, you deserve your shot at the Premier League.

I agreed here. Hope he does very well and scores loads of goals

Would imagine Ryo Germain could well be on his way now. Obviously GK, LB, CM and winger required at least.

Someone on twitter is saying he is coming here to sign for us. 

Let's hope the recruitment team are up to the job, done well so far with the new players

Let's hope so

Need a number 1 in plus left back, winger, centre midfielder. 

I wonder who has been telling Nixon that:

a) We were desperate to keep him

b) We were offering him £22k a week

c) We offered to make him captain

I suspect all 3 are lies and probably filtered out to the press by Waggott or an underling. 

Survival in the Championship is worth more than this transfer fee and without him we'd have gone down last season and might well this. Not that anyone upstairs gives a damn about that.

£41 million+ in transfer fees in 12 months......disgusting

• Like 8

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Terrible business Rovers...sell your best player for nothing in today's football

Ipswich clearly doing us and getting a bargain..

We all love him but he’s 29 years old and had one unbelievable season at championship level. I think 15 million would have been the absolute maximum we could have hoped for. I wish him well and hope he has a great season in the prem. What a man.

Edited by Butty
  • Like 4

If we could somehow get Ryo Germain and maybe Siriki Dembele in, along with a good ISH goalkeeper, then maybe it's not that bad. Maybe one or 2 further signings to round out the squad until January. 

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

We all love him and, but he’s 29 years old and had one unbelievable season at championship level. I think 15 million would have been the absolute maximum we could have hoped for. I wish him well and hope he has a great season in the prem. What a man.

He has the ability to play excellent football for three more years..he would be the right character to take us to the next level but no ambition as usual...prepare for a relegation fight👏

Edited by neophox

Just now, Forever Blue said:

Not really relevant.

Well it actually is very relevant

brighton I’d argue have one of if not the best recruitment department in England and they are willing to pay 40million speaks volumes

bougnt for 30 had a fantastic season 22 years old 4 years left on contract - but yet we all still compare 

• Like 2

Venkys asset stripping continues. That's about over 35m in sales in the past year now and about 1-1.5m spent on the two new strikers with the rest pocketed?  Absolutely disgraceful. Wish they would just fuck off already.

Edited by Valconite
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Not really relevant.

Well it is he wasn't just a championship player he had played at a higher level 

I'm not arguing I would pay more for Wharton but when Wharton was available and we where desperate sellers he had only one club in at that "little" price of £18.5 million.Like others have said on here the data was leading clubs away from Wharton

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

He has the ability to play excellent football for three more years..he would be the right character to take us to the next level but no ambition as usual...prepare for a relegation fight👏

Your missing the most important bit of Information

he has asked the club if a prem team comes in for him for the club to not stand in his way. When that happens then the power turns to the player and to add to that we owe him our very championship status as of today. He deserves the chance 

Just now, Emerald Isle Rover said:

brighton I’d argue have one of if not the best recruitment department in England and they are willing to pay 40million speaks volumes

bougnt for 30 had a fantastic season 22 years old 4 years left on contract - but yet we all still compare 

You’ve not explained why it’s relevant. Leeds, a championship club, have sold a player for £40m to the Prem. The argument from the Happy Clappers was we got the best deal possible for Wharton cos he was a Championship player.

12 minutes ago, neophox said:

Terrible business Rovers...sell your best player for nothing in today's football

Ipswich clearly doing us and getting a bargain..

Since maggot has repeatedly told us that there SHOULDN'T be any impediment to the owners funding the club then we were under absolutely no obligation to sell Szmodics.

Fee undisclosed I suspect to hide away from the fact the club offered a low ball amount again.

I really hope this court case goes very very badly for venkys.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

GK and LB  CM Winger  and Centre forward, don’t care how little we spend of the money as long as we improve  those 4 postions

Edited by AJW
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Not just that. Has top level experience already and did ok in it. Also, if Sam has 5 years left, Rutter reasonably has 12 years to play. Can either sell him and recoup the outlay or make a profit, or you've the potential for a decade plus of service.