BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I've next.to no confidence in the senior management at the club but anyone saying £10m for Sammie is poor is failing to take into account our financial status. Ipswich knew we needed the money and knew they were the only buyer.

Someone said above £15m was the absolute maximum we could have negotiated to and I'd agree.

Far more important is how much is now made available for transfers. Assuming Posh take a mil, I'm anticipating maximum of £2m being reinvested.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Seems Szmodics haven't been convinced by Eustace to stay... Think he liked Jdt

Holidays are near over thankfully and the kids can go to bed early for school in the mornings because your takes are quite frankly absurd and can only be from a kid who knows very very little about football 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Well it is he wasn't just a championship player he had played at a higher level 

I'm not arguing I would pay more for Wharton but when Wharton was available and we where desperate sellers he had only one club in at that "little" price of £18.5 million.Like others have said on here the data was leading clubs away from Wharton

They’ve sold a Championship player for £40m, it’s irrelevant where he’s played before. 

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I wonder who has been telling Nixon that:

a) We were desperate to keep him

b) We were offering him £22k a week

c) We offered to make him captain

I suspect all 3 are lies and probably filtered out to the press by Waggott or an underling. 

Survival in the Championship is worth more than this transfer fee and without him we'd have gone down last season and might well this. Not that anyone upstairs gives a damn about that.

£41 million+ in transfer fees in 12 months......disgusting

And the fire sale continues.

2 minutes ago, Valconite said:

Venkys asset stripping continues. That's about over 35m in sales in the past year now and about 1-1.5m spent on the two new strikers with the rest pocketed?  Absolutely disgraceful. Wish they would just fuck off already.

It can't be asset stripping when the amount they have put in far outweighs the amount they are now getting back. This isn't a defense of them, just hate when the asset stripping comments crop up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's an offer of premier league football lWho is manager wouldn't have come into Szmodic thinking at all

Yes and he will be straight back in the championship next season..strange no other club wanted him

1 minute ago, alex l said:

It can't be asset stripping when the amount they have put in far outweighs the amount they are now getting back. This isn't a defense of them, just hate when the asset stripping comments crop up. 

One definition of asset stripping:

"the practice of taking over a company in financial difficulties and selling each of its assets separately at a profit without regard for the company's future"

Most of that, other than the take over part, is what has been going on here for the last 3 years.

• Like 3

Just now, Forever Blue said:

They’ve sold a Championship player for £40m, it’s irrelevant where he’s played before. 

How is it irrelevant.Clubs will of course be taking that into consideration.

Again I love Wharton,Palace got a bargain but he hadn't even been recognized at under 21 level for England when we sold him and again one club matched that low fee. 

• Like 1

It doesn’t take large amounts of spending. It takes smart recruitment in the right players.

NOBODY predicted Szmodics meteoric rise apart from Ben Rosen of all people- who persuaded the club to part with less than 2 million.

We need 3/4 players on good length contracts with the potential to improve firstly us as a team and secondly hopefully increase their own value as assets.

We can’t begrudge the club taking the money (he’ll never be worth more than he is now) but we must start investing part of these transfer fees in good young and hungry footballers. That is the difference between us and the “Brentford “ model. Some will prove a success, others will get moved along…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

How is it irrelevant.Clubs will of course be taking that into consideration.

Again I love Wharton,Palace got a bargain but he hadn't even been recognized at under 21 level for England when we sold him and again one club matched that low fee. 

Exactly, CP got a bargain, he was sold on the cheap. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, neophox said:

He has the ability to play excellent football for three more years..he would be the right character to take us to the next level but no ambition as usual...prepare for a relegation fight👏

9 minutes ago, neophox said:

Seems Szmodics haven't been convinced by Eustace to stay... Think he liked Jdt

Come on Neo, you’re being silly now. He’s got the opportunity to play in the Premier League and has more than likely trebled his wages at least, he obviously wanted the move and now we’ve got what we wanted he’s on his way. 

Dont be angry it’s over, smile because it happened 😂

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

What’s relevant though is his age and contract length and whether you agree or disagree what they paid for him comes into consideration hence the buyout clause 

What’s relevant is that they were prepared to pay it. Seems like the price ceiling for Championship players is a lot higher than the Happy Clappers had us believe. 

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, London blue said:

I've next.to no confidence in the senior management at the club but anyone saying £10m for Sammie is poor is failing to take into account our financial status. Ipswich knew we needed the money and knew they were the only buyer.

Someone said above £15m was the absolute maximum we could have negotiated to and I'd agree.

Far more important is how much is now made available for transfers. Assuming Posh take a mil, I'm anticipating maximum of £2m being reinvested.

Keeping Sammie and surviving the championship drop, is way more valuable than 10 Mill in the coffers, that we will most likely not see re invested 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Theaxe15 said:

Glad it isn’t just me who finds this guys posts insufferable nonsense 

Been here for 20 years on this message board and hoped Szmodics was something different to all money grabbing glory hunting played and would honour his contract but I was wrong... I'll calm down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Exactly, CP got a bargain, he was sold on the cheap. 

There was one club in for him at £18.5 why do you think we would have had clubs coming in at £40. 

Whilst Wharton had only played his football here in the championship there was doubts about him from the clubs above

3 minutes ago, FE123 said:

It doesn’t take large amounts of spending. It takes smart recruitment in the right players.

NOBODY predicted Szmodics meteoric rise apart from Ben Rosen of all people- who persuaded the club to part with less than 2 million.

We need 3/4 players on good length contracts with the potential to improve firstly us as a team and secondly hopefully increase their own value as assets.

We can’t begrudge the club taking the money (he’ll never be worth more than he is now) but we must start investing part of these transfer fees in good young and hungry footballers. That is the difference between us and the “Brentford “ model. Some will prove a success, others will get moved along…

It’s not the end of the world if we replace him. We’ve always found a replacement for the goal scorers we’ve sold in the last few years. But we have to spend money now. We won’t get lucky every time.