BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 hours ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

You’ve just proved my point a very poor derby side and equally bad if not worse Plymouth side in the division. So can’t imagine how we would be clear favourites to go down

Not clear favourites but definitely one of the contenders 

Edited by roverandout

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Been here for 20 years on this message board and hoped Szmodics was something different to all money grabbing glory hunting played and would honour his contract but I was wrong... I'll calm down.

Please. Tell me you would turn down your wages being doubled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

What’s relevant is that they were prepared to pay it. Seems like the price ceiling for Championship players is a lot higher than the Happy Clappers had us believe. 

The price is dictated by age contract status experience in current league or other leagues 

• Like 2

Just now, islander200 said:

There was one club in for him at £18.5 why do you think we would have had clubs coming in at £40. 

Whilst Wharton had only played his football here in the championship there was doubts about him from the clubs above

What doubts? Lots of clubs were going to be bidding this summer. He was sold on the  cheap, you already conceded the point, and Rutter proves that. We’ll leave it there.

5 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

The price is dictated by age contract status experience in current league or other leagues 

Wharton’s contract was similar in length to Rutters. I’ll ignore the bit you’ve invented about ‘other leagues’. 

Edited by Forever Blue

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It’s not the end of the world if we replace him. We’ve always found a replacement for the goal scorers we’ve sold in the last few years. But we have to spend money now. We won’t get lucky every time. 

He’s been replaced already with Ohashi. This money won’t be reinvested.

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Been here for 20 years on this message board and hoped Szmodics was something different to all money grabbing glory hunting played and would honour his contract but I was wrong... I'll calm down.

The anger is one thing, but money grabbing and contract honouring?

He's moving up to play in what a lot of fans, pundits and players see as the best league in the world, all after returning 4x what we paid for him.

He does his ACL in the next game at Rovers, do you think this fabled £22k week wage remains on the table or the Ipswich offer? It's cut throat and he's doing what's best for him and challenging himself to boot.

A Lucash Neill he is not.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro
  • Like 5

Just now, Emerald Isle Rover said:

There’s a good 8/9 teams in the mix for 3 positions no doubt. ‘Clear favs’ was my issue 

Give it 20 games at least, before we say who is clear favourites for the drop. 

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

One definition of asset stripping:

"the practice of taking over a company in financial difficulties and selling each of its assets separately at a profit without regard for the company's future"

Most of that, other than the take over part, is what has been going on here for the last 3 years.

And it's happened at various instances over the last 14 years. But what is the net figure over that period, the profit made by the Venkys from Rovers during their tenure? 

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Your entitled to your opinion 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me. He wanted his hat trick and another goal. Who can blame him? That's what a goalscorer wants

who says the taps are off? 

Dolan has been earmarked for that position by Eustace. 

Now need 4 or 5 signings in in the next 15 days. 

Fucking hell

Szmodics ➡️ Dolan, that's some serious downgrade.

I'll repeat, if they don't spend some good money and buy an adequate replacement for Szmodics, we will struggle.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

What doubts? Lots of clubs were going to be bidding this summer. He was sold on the  cheap, you already conceded the point, and Rutter proves that. We’ll leave it there.

What evidence is there loads of clubs where going to be bidding for him?He was available for £18.5 in January,paid in installments only £6 million would have gone on the books that season so not having ffp as an excuse why others couldn't have bid in January. 

His reputation rightfully grew due to him proving himself in the premier league, I honestly don't believe we would have had a host of clubs willing to pay much more than £20 million for him.Again il repeat he was wrongfully being overlooked for the under 21s, read an article that Newcastle considered him but had serious doubts over his stamina and ability to handle the pace and 90 minute at premier league 

10 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Keeping Sammie and surviving the championship drop, is way more valuable than 10 Mill in the coffers, that we will most likely not see re invested 

That's a medium to long term view though, which nobody in a senior position at Rovers seems to have any interest in.

In their world it is all about the here and now. Cash in the bank, bills paid.

They've zero interest in where the club might be in 12-18 months time and the longer term consequences of their actions (or inaction).

Very easy to sit back and 'negotiate' the sales of valued players and watch as the cash comes flowing into the coffers and raking in your bonus from India for doing them a favour. Then when inevitably the chickens come home to roost from this short sighted cash grab they'll act puzzled and confused when we get relegated and lose more than they've gained.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I wonder who has been telling Nixon that:

a) We were desperate to keep him

b) We were offering him £22k a week

c) We offered to make him captain

I suspect all 3 are lies and probably filtered out to the press by Waggott or an underling. 

I actually think that it's really unprofessional of the club for this kind of information to be leaked to a red-top hack.
What we offer a player to stay is confidential, unless the player wants to make it public.

Anyway, it was inevitable that SS was leaving this summer, but he leaves on a high (last season and 3 goals in 2 games this, so far).

Good luck to him, it's going to be a struggle at Ipswich, but I'm sure he'll open his banking app every week and the weekly 0-5 drubbings they're facing will be soon forgotten.

Genuinely hope he does well and earns a move to a bigger club whilst he's still at the peak of his powers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

The anger is one thing, but money grabbing and contract honouring?

He's moving up to play in what a lot of fans, pundits and players see as the best league in the world, all after returning 4x what we paid for him.

He does his ACL in the next game at Rovers, do you think this fabled £22k week wage remains on the table or the Ipswich offer? It's cut throat and he's doing what's best for him and challenging himself to boot.

A Lucash Neill he is not.

We won't reinvest for sure so that's good for Venkys but poor for us...

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

What evidence is there loads of clubs where going to be bidding for him?He was available for £18.5 in January,paid in installments only £6 million would have gone on the books that season so not having ffp as an excuse why others couldn't have bid in January. 

His reputation rightfully grew due to him proving himself in the premier league, I honestly don't believe we would have had a host of clubs willing to pay much more than £20 million for him.Again il repeat he was wrongfully being overlooked for the under 21s, read an article that Newcastle considered him but had serious doubts over his stamina and ability to handle the pace and 90 minute at premier league 

What are you referring to in terms of FFP, do you mean in our accounts or in the buyers accounts?

For us, all of the fee will have gone into the 2024 accounts as a profit, as we didnt pay anything for him. For the buyer as far as I am aware, installments make no difference. The fee would be amortized over the lesser of the course of his contract and 5 years. So say £20m, it would be £4m amoritisation per year, so £2m for the January to June period.