BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dolan is Szmodics replacement, i think Eustace said something last week about that. Could be wrong tho. We need a winger with pace on the left. Possibly another forward who can up front and wide. 

I'd tell Dolan to sign that contract offer if he wants the chance to be the next star boy.

Thank you to Szmodics for keeping us up. We all knew this was happening so don't understand why some people are having total meltdowns on here. He wants a chance at the big leagues so fair play to him and hope he does well.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Think anyone with a degree of knowledge about body language would suggest he looked a tad pissed off as he trudged off the pitch when subbed at Stockport and certainly not because he'd been subbed!

How does one deduce from body langauge WHY someone is pissed off.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No but you said if necessary as if it would be acceptable. It wouldnt and ultimately it wont.

He has come a long way from you wishing that he broke his leg.

I said if necessary, doesn't  mean its acceptable. Just the way the Venkys are operating. Why do you always have to be argumentative when there's no argument to have. 🥱

We definitely need bodies in. Our opener against Derby could've gone both ways, it's easy to pat our own backs and say we have had a stormer of an opener, but we fell into some of our old ways in that second half and hardly touched the ball for long spells. I would bring in a GK, LB, CM and a couple of wingers with pace if I was in charge. And preferably someone who can cross the ball as we have a beast no. 9 who will ragdoll most CB's in the league if we put some balls in the box.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

The definition you have quoted suggests that the money raised by the asset sales is siphoned off from entity disposing of the asset. At Rovers, the money stays in the club & as we know, is keeping the lights on. 

The issue now, is what happens if the taps remain turned off after Tuesday…what assets now remain to sell? We’ve sold the family silver. 

The rest of Brockhall and maybe one or two more players but we wouldn't get much for what we've got left. Once you sell Carter, Tronstad and maybe Travis what do we have left?

I can see them trying to once again deliberately relegate the club to lower running costs and use the sale amounts cover the initial losses from dropping down.

Apparently there will only be a fire sale and job losses if the club goes into administration according to some though.....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Bollocks...

Oh it will be true. But we'll sign 2-3 cheapies or even loans for perhaps £1 million max, with the rest of the money never being seen again.

Unfortunately the arrival of 2-3 newcomers will convince some that all is fine and dandy and this is part of the 'project' when in actual fact it is just another drastic cost cut and multi-millions gone.

• Like 1

Very sad to see this lad go.  A great pro and a credit to his sport.  That finish from Pickerings chip was insane and we will miss that quality of finisher.  Good for him and I wish him well.

Thing is over the years Rovers have sold or lost or given away star players and here we are still Blackburn Rovers. The biggest single threat to this club is not players leaving but the ones doing the selling, our owners.  I will be pasified if we are allowed to bring in some quality but I have real doubts.  Good luck Sammi Szmodics and thanks for the memories.  You will tear it up and we will all be asking how you got away so cheap. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We definitely need bodies in. Our opener against Derby could've gone both ways, it's easy to pat our own backs and say we have had a stormer of an opener, but we fell into some of our old ways in that second half and hardly touched the ball for long spells. I would bring in a GK, LB, CM and a couple of wingers with pace if I was in charge. And preferably someone who can cross the ball as we have a beast no. 9 who will ragdoll most CB's in the league if we put some balls in the box.

Pretty much.

A starting GK, a LB to push Pickering (I'd love someone to replace him, but I wonder whether they'll seriously target a player like that), CM depth and a couple of quick wingers. Move Sigurdsson and Dolan central to the #10 role and groom Gilsenan for that position too.

We'd be a better team than we were last year with those additions / changes.

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

Ohashi better anyway 😞

No, he is not.  Not a patch on SS not yet anyway. An interesting and somewhat exciting aquisition but you can hold off talking in the same breath as SS until he notches 30 in a season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Dolan can't replace  Szmodic.  His decision making in the final third is dire. 

It's not about replacing like for like. His finishing is nowhere near as good if you're making a comparison.

I'm just saying that Dolan has something to offer at this level as a #10 - he was excellent there against Derby. He disappeared when we switched him out wide after the 3 substitutions were made. I think Sigurdsson could offer a lot as a #10 too and he's a much better finisher than Dolan.

• Like 1

Everything in perspective. SS isn’t the world beater we all seem to think he is after last season. £10million all-in is good business for a soon to be 29 year old who’s best season by a country mile was last year. Don’t understand the melt down at all, before last year we’d have viewed him as a valuable squad player - he’s started this season in the same vein of form but against Derby and a terrible Stockport 11. 
Good luck and thanks SS. Who’s to say Yuki, Gueye or whoever can’t fill the void this season. We’ll be fine despite the continuous tumult above. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

All these people have a chance to say things to him at places they see him, yet they don’t. Why?

Me, I'd just glass him, say nowt.  Well maybe not, back in the day perhaps but nor now 

Ipswich were always going to stump up the cash in the end sadly. Better now with 2 weeks of the window to go rather than deadline day. Not that we'll spend much of it anyway!

His quality is irreplaceable given our tiny budget but hopefully we can strengthen multiple areas of the team with whatever money we do have. I never like relying totally on one player like we did last season. We would have been totally screwed if he had got injured.

We will have a better squad by the end of the window than we had this time last year. We have a worse starting 11 though with Wharton and Sammie now gone/going.

Mid table finish beckons rather than a relegation battle I would predict. Still not anywhere good enough for a club like ours that we have zero ambition to get back to the top flight. 

Edited by rovers11

7 minutes ago, Scoobydo said:

Who’s to say Yuki, Gueye or whoever can’t fill the void this season

Well me for a start! Those 2 lads look promising but I bet they don't score as many together as Sammi scored on his own. He is the real deal!

Can't go on keep weakening the team and endlessly rebuilding. Only ends up one way.

As soon as we have anyone any good they are off. Its totally dispiriting. Carter next I predict.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Each and every time we've lost a senior valued player we hear either from favoured 'journalists' (usually Nixon or the Venkygraph) that we've been ever so desperate to keep them and have supposedly made scarcely believable offers to try to keep them but just couldn't do enough.

I think it is one of Waggott's favourite tried and tested tricks. It costs nothing for him to feed this BS to the media and for certain fans to swallow it, but what actually unfolds suggests it is nonsense. 

We are not a club that offers £22k a week to anyone anymore. They've just managed to get shut of Gallagher because he was costing them too much, they ain't saddling the club with another big wage straight after, definitely not on a 29 year old.

Most of us know this yet they persist with trying to spread this narrative because they are trying to get free credit.

Is 22k not exactly the same figure as allegedly offered Lenihan? Mmmm?

Smart move for Smodics to play.  In his 2 shortened games he has looked the part.  I would guess it is what made Ipswich finally pull the trigger.  Do it now or lose out to someone else.

22 minutes ago, Scoobydo said:

Everything in perspective. SS isn’t the world beater we all seem to think he is after last season. £10million all-in is good business for a soon to be 29 year old who’s best season by a country mile was last year. Don’t understand the melt down at all, before last year we’d have viewed him as a valuable squad player - he’s started this season in the same vein of form but against Derby and a terrible Stockport 11. 
Good luck and thanks SS. Who’s to say Yuki, Gueye or whoever can’t fill the void this season. We’ll be fine despite the continuous tumult above. 

I guess people are a bit pissed off at the fact we've sold our two best players and none of it has been done to benefit the club.

• Like 1