BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko and Rovers say £10m plus add ons. Ipswich mess us around for

It's £9million plus add ons as widely reported.

Think Nicko doing a favour by 'over egging the pudding'!

Link to Rovers saying what you say?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Scoobydo said:

Everything in perspective. SS isn’t the world beater we all seem to think he is after last season. £10million all-in is good business for a soon to be 29 year old who’s best season by a country mile was last year. Don’t understand the melt down at all, before last year we’d have viewed him as a valuable squad player - he’s started this season in the same vein of form but against Derby and a terrible Stockport 11. 
Good luck and thanks SS. Who’s to say Yuki, Gueye or whoever can’t fill the void this season. We’ll be fine despite the continuous tumult above. 

Who is it good business for? Rovers or Venkys?

People arent overstating his ability, his goals tally would have been incredible for a promotion chaser and he leaves a massive void. I feel like you are understating his importance. Unless we buy a few players to try and improve a side that has lost its 4 key players in 12 months plus others around it, at some point we wont be fine and that may well be this season. Lets hope we buy a few players and it doesnt become a reality.

55 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I said if necessary, doesn't  mean its acceptable. Just the way the Venkys are operating. Why do you always have to be argumentative when there's no argument to have. 🥱

Im not being argumentative, im merely laying out that it isnt remotely acceptable if we only sign 1 permanent player. Not because you said it, more that it wouldnt be in any way acceptable if Venkys only allow such little reinvestment.

I know it is the way that Venkys are operating, thats what I am calling out. £40m of sales in 12 months and as of yet, about £2m max spent 

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Link to Rovers saying what you say?

£9m. £10m. We likely will never know. Makes no difference to us as a football club anyway.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I guess people are a bit pissed off at the fact we've sold our two best players and none of it has been done to benefit the club.

I get that. But what’s the alternative? We can’t not sell those players to the teams we have done being where we are. Business wise we’ve done well, people will argue that we could have gotten more for Wharton but in the grand scheme of things he was unproven at a higher level. I don’t disagree that we’ve not seen a benefit in terms of our level of reinvestment. But again, what do we expect? I’m a realist and am happy we still have what looks like in this early stage of the season a (somewhat) competitive team at this level. End of the day we’ve brought in a few; Yuki, Gueye and Wiemann who look like they’ll be decent signings. Hopefully now we’ll add to that. Gone are the days of us spending millions on players, got to accept it for now and hope for the best. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scoobydo said:

They’re synonymous sadly. 

Not in this instance, because they have totally different objectives, Venkys dont want the same as what we want for the club. Whatever the fee is, its very relevant to Venkys. Doesnt benefit us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The problem with accepting it is it means that our standards have just dropped to the floor.

I dont mean that we can do anything about it, but it still rankles. A club receiving the amount of money that we have at this level in 12 months, £40m, it should be not only a platform to somewhat balance the books, but to build the foundations of a new side, a new squad. With players that you can then potentially sell on down the line, keep improving, keep profiting and crucially keep reinvesting. 

We as a football club have not done good business. The owners have because they have absolutely no interest in the wellbeing of the football club. But we are just letting key player after key player go, signing replacements with buttons and that will lead to decline.

It’s not about being a realist. It shouldnt be unrealistic to spend even a quarter of such significant money in, even an eighth. No other club would see that as unrealistic.

I don’t disagree, I just gave up hoping for any semblance of being like any other club a long time ago.

Edited by Scoobydo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scoobydo said:

I get that. But what’s the alternative? We can’t not sell those players to the teams we have done being where we are. Business wise we’ve done well, people will argue that we could have gotten more for Wharton but in the grand scheme of things he was unproven at a higher level. I don’t disagree that we’ve not seen a benefit in terms of our level of reinvestment. But again, what do we expect? I’m a realist and am happy we still have what looks like in this early stage of the season a (somewhat) competitive team at this level. End of the day we’ve brought in a few; Yuki, Gueye and Wiemann who look like they’ll be decent signings. Hopefully now we’ll add to that. Gone are the days of us spending millions on players, got to accept it for now and hope for the best. 

The alternative is the owners sell up and fuck off.

We are having a fire sale entirely to benefit them.

None of this has been done to benefit the club.

• Like 4

Someone compared us to Hull recently. Theyve had their 2 best players in Greaves and Philogene picked off. Theyve started a flurry of permanent signings. Now im not commenting on the individuals and their quality. They are signing Burstow from Chelsea who I dont rate and the keeper theyve bought made a big error yesterday. Theyve also bought Giles permanently, theyve bought Liam Millar, an attacking midfielder from Germany, they are getting Hughes from Wigan, another midfielder and are in talks to buy a few more. Investing in a number of assets, some of whom in particular are young and can grow. 

Would of had a solid champ forward line with szmodics + a half decent winger, but ah well. 

I'd be happy enough if just had a full squad for once, both wing back cover (not convinced on Duru myself yet needs a loan), creative CM, Winger, Striker, Goalie. Ship out Vale. 5 players in needed and we've plenty of loans to use up.. 

Good luck and best wishes to Sammie.

We are what we are folks...reduced to being a selling Club by our absent,arrogant Billionaire Owners.

Survival the name of the game these days,simply no ambition to get out of this League.

Fuck the lot of 'em!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3

Of all the strikers we have had lately and wanted the move upwards, Armstrong, brereton, I will miss ss the most as he was the only one that felt he genuinely ran his arse off for the badge. Others were for personal gain, smodicz wanted to score for the team. Goes with my best wishes

Actually amazing to think that Ipswich are now above us, still remember them as the team to hammer in the 90s and then even a few years ago, struggling to keep up in league 1. I don’t think it will last but still all the best ss for this season , might be a struggle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Good luck and best wishes to Sammie.

We are what we are folks...reduced to being a selling Club by our absent,arrogant Billionaire Owners.

Survival the name of the game these days,simply no ambition to get out of this League.

Fuck the lot of 'em!

Now whilst i fucking despise Venkys, isn't that what we've always been? Our biggest talents and especially highest scorers have historically always been at risk of leaving for a 'bigger club'.

This group of players must now knuckle down, heroes must emerge and ultimately goals must be replaced. 

(Very) early indications have been good, goals coming from different outlets, although against weaker opposition obviously. The prospect of losing Szmodics now doesn't seem quite as bad as when the alternative was Sam Gallagher...

Team spirit seems really good, granted it can be easy for it to seem that way just in front of the cameras.

My biggest worry here is that king rat will have been in the Venkys ears already, feeding them information that we're scoring lots of goals and can live without Szmodics or any further signings. Time is also not on our side given how we can drag things on.

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Nicko has been spotted so far with this story. Like many others

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

theyve bought Liam Millar, 

We should have been after him. 1.5 million pounds is a bargain.

I would be looking at Celtic winger Johnston. Who was on loan at WBA last season 

6 hours ago, Torgeir said:

I'd tell Dolan to sign that contract offer if he wants the chance to be the next star boy.

I deffo would be offering a new contract 15k a week on 4 year contract. 

SS was a proper professional! Loved that guy and his goals! Time to bring him in on Fantasy, eh? 😉 

Will be interesting to see if Dolan, Siggy or someone else step up. I think our goals will definitely be more spread across players this season. 

my first priority signings in the remainder of the transfer window would as others have said be a NEW GK and LB. 

especially invest in these two positions and loan some pacey, tricky wingers from prem. 

I agree with Bowler though. Only 25, scored for Forest preseason. Would be a great move for both parties I think. 

On 13/08/2024 at 18:36, TommyRovers said:

I've said it before here and I'll say it again. Szmodics is not that keen on moving to Ipswich and is nowhere near pushing for a move there. If another premier team comes in for him he leaves but he is very very happy at Rovers and has been all summer long. 

Now he's cuptied too. 

That didn't last long Tommy!?!?

• Like 3