BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko has been spotted so far with this story. Like many others

We should have been after him. 1.5 million pounds is a bargain.

I would be looking at Celtic winger Johnston. Who was on loan at WBA last season 

I deffo would be offering a new contract 15k a week on 4 year contract. 

15k for Dolan would be mad. Give him 10k and a bonus if he reaches certain milestones. Hope to see some more consistency from him this season but certainly not expecting it.

If he doesn't sign and he leaves next summer then it's probably better for all parties that he does play; we can set the asking price higher and the tribunal panel will surely look at his pedigree and not rip us off too badly if it comes to that.

Edited by Torgeir
  • Like 2

Firstly to make it clear I don’t trust venkys/waggott to do anything remotely positive with any money we have had this last while so this isn’t in their defence at all. But I’ve been seeing a lot of posts saying the fee is way too low. Here’s a list of transfers with similar age profiles from the champ

Jay Rodriguez 29 wba to Burnley 10mill
Leo Ulloa 28 Brighton to Leicester 10mill
Glen kamara 28 Leeds to Rennes 10mill
Nick pope 30 Burnley to n’castle 
11.5mill 
Samba 29 us to Anzhi 11.5mill 
Ross McCormack 27 Leeds to Fulham 11.8 mill
Nacir chadli 29 wba to Monaco 12mill
Chuba akpom 27 boro to Ajax 12.5mill

Exceptions 
Callum Wilson 28 Bournemouth to Newcastle 22.5mill - proven premier league experience eng cap
Ward prowse 28 saints to West Ham 34mill - proven premier league player eng cap
Salamon rondon 29 Newcastle to dalian 18.5mill - proven top flight/league experience 
McCormack again 29 Fulham to Villa 14mill consistent goal scoring seasons 

as you can see above age and value absolutely matter and given he has no previous premier league or top league experience and has had one wonder season the reported 10million I feel is fair. 

in an ideal world multiple clubs would have been interested and a bit of a bidding war would have commenced to get it up to around 12/13/14 but never happened 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

15k for Dolan would be mad. Give him 10k and a bonus if he reaches certain milestones. Hope to see some more consistency from him this season but certainly not expecting it.

I suspect we are offering £10k plus performance bonuses already, is the thing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, benhben said:

I'm amazed that no one else other than Ipswich are interested in him. Top scorer in the championship and league cup and 3 goals already this season. Mental to me no other mid table prem sides are sniffing around. Given some of the money they spend £10m is pretty low risk for them. 

The player sales of the last year should 100% have funded a promotion winning side but we all know we'll get nothing. 

Just look at how Coventry have invested after selling Viktor Gyökeres to Sporting. That's how it's done.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, benhben said:

I'm amazed that no one else other than Ipswich are interested in him. Top scorer in the championship and league cup and 3 goals already this season. Mental to me no other mid table prem sides are sniffing around. Given some of the money they spend £10m is pretty low risk for them. 

The player sales of the last year should 100% have funded a promotion winning side but we all know we'll get nothing. 

It's quite understandable though. He is 29 years old, doesn't have any particular attributes such as pace, height, technique - he is just a good allround player with a diehard attitude and one heck of a goalscorer. However if he starts missing he has nothing going for him. It's a risky signing for Ipswich. 

He is unproven at the highest level. Will be very interesting to follow his career. 

Edited by alexanders
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexanders said:

It's quite understandable though. He is 29 years old, doesn't have any particular attributes such as pace, height, technique - he is just a good allround player with a diehard attitude and one heck of a goalscorer. However if he starts missing he has nothing going for him. It's a risky signing for Ipswich. 

He is unproven at the highest level. Will be very interesting to follow his career. 

He won't be their highest earner and if they suffer relegation, which most people expect, they'll have one heck of a player to fire them back up again. If he does well in the PL he's worth at least £10m as he's a proven PL by then.

Low risk imo.

• Like 4

Iv'e always backed Dolan i think he was a great bit of opportunism from us snapping him up and hes been a very valuable squad player in his time.

He has imo every right to ask for a standard first team player wage given he was probably on peanuts then a modest wage, however in no realm is he a 15k a week plus bonuses footballer, not to us with our restrictions. He still has potential to be one if he can find consistency or goals in Szmods position but at present he is still a work in progress.

Some feel hes already hit his ceiling and maybe but it's up to him to prove otherwise and keep earning pay rises.  If he thinks he can get that money elsewhere then good luck to him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, alexanders said:

I'm sorry but £9m for any premier league club is in no way a risk, it's a drop in the ocean. It's a pisstake given his worth to us regardless of his age.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, danger19_80 said:

I'm sorry but £9m for any premier league club is in no way a risk, it's a drop in the ocean. It's a pisstake given his worth to us regardless of his age.

See my post above - it’s not how it works it isn’t football manager clubs are businesses Iv outlined transfers and fees in his age brackets all strikingly similar 

Sad to see him go but it was inevitable. Can’t really be upset at the price when you consider his age, one great season and seemingly only 1 club interested (should’ve been more).

We need some signs that the money will be invested today. Rumours, bids - anything. Won’t hold my breath though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, alexanders said:

He does have pace he's very quick off the mark which is what will give a chance, if he has any, of making any kind of impression in the Prem.  He has also reached his peak years now and players like him - the Dickovs, Bellamy's, Speedies, tend to last into their early 30's in peak form until they slow down a bit.

So from a selling clubs point of view all those things need to be considered as if they drop there's every chance he'll shoot them straight back up. Also he may well grab enough goals to save them from the drop even if he's a bit part player because he has the right attitude and work ethic when times are tough.

He's a great punt to them for a 10 million package and i expect his wage demands are modest in comparison to a lot of others.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

I think Duru can debutise at RB, along with JRC, and we have enough CB's.

GK need to spend £2m+

LB need to spend £1m

Two wingers/forwards £2.5m each

CM £3m

So that's pretty much all of the SS reinvested, and that's the bare minimum in my view. They're having a laugh if they're chasing frees and sub £500k players.

GK Daniel Iversen

LB No idea

Wingers Ryo Germain and a PL loan?

CM Punt on Puerta from Kusen?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Firstly to make it clear I don’t trust venkys/waggott to do anything remotely positive with any money we have had this last while so this isn’t in their defence at all. But I’ve been seeing a lot of posts saying the fee is way too low. Here’s a list of transfers with similar age profiles from the champ

Jay Rodriguez 29 wba to Burnley 10mill
Leo Ulloa 28 Brighton to Leicester 10mill
Glen kamara 28 Leeds to Rennes 10mill
Nick pope 30 Burnley to n’castle 
11.5mill 
Samba 29 us to Anzhi 11.5mill 
Ross McCormack 27 Leeds to Fulham 11.8 mill
Nacir chadli 29 wba to Monaco 12mill
Chuba akpom 27 boro to Ajax 12.5mill

Exceptions 
Callum Wilson 28 Bournemouth to Newcastle 22.5mill - proven premier league experience eng cap
Ward prowse 28 saints to West Ham 34mill - proven premier league player eng cap
Salamon rondon 29 Newcastle to dalian 18.5mill - proven top flight/league experience 
McCormack again 29 Fulham to Villa 14mill consistent goal scoring seasons 

as you can see above age and value absolutely matter and given he has no previous premier league or top league experience and has had one wonder season the reported 10million I feel is fair. 

in an ideal world multiple clubs would have been interested and a bit of a bidding war would have commenced to get it up to around 12/13/14 but never happened 

This confirms we got a very low fee for a player who has come off the back of scoring more goals than every one of those players you’ve listed. Some of them are from years ago too, and price inflation really is a thing.

9 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Dolan can't replace  Szmodic.  His decision making in the final third is dire. 

That is the problem. He’s got the ability but as you say he takes the wrong options too often. That was Sammi’s strength - he rarely chose the wrong option in front of goal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I bet there's no last minute paperwork / rogue secretary issues at Rovers today. Never have such problems when there's a pile of cash coming in....

It seems there is a separate dept for outgoings with 24/7 phone line to Pune and debugged, qualified staffed portal to the FA.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Think Nicko is a useful 'tool' for Rovers.  Feeds the fans some decent stuff and then some bullsh1t to assuage the fans - £22k a week offer to Szmodics, he's having a larf.

Nicko is more than useful. 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Dolan will never, ever get anywhere near to replacing Szmodics.  IMO, a limited talent and a little upstart with little loyalty - this season will sadly tell.

Disagree there. Dolan will show it this season. Expecting more goals from him plus more influence now 

1 hour ago, pedrob2014 said:

Is it jusr me or is that not Chris Wilder sat with him

John Park isn't it? 

50 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Not for me. He is going to be key player now. I'm expecting more from him in terms of goals and his performances 

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It seems there is a separate dept for outgoings with 24/7 phone line to Pune and debugged, qualified staffed portal to the FA.

I'd heard we outsourced this department to an office in North Korea for maximum efficency.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Sad to see him go but it was inevitable. Can’t really be upset at the price when you consider his age, one great season and seemingly only 1 club interested (should’ve been more).

We need some signs that the money will be invested today. Rumours, bids - anything. Won’t hold my breath though.

In regards to your last paragraph. The silence is always deafening when we have sold a player and then players coming in to replace them.

Sorry, it’s the Rao’s way. So don’t expect much.🙄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko is more than useful. 

Disagree there. Dolan will show it this season. Expecting more goals from him plus more influence now 

John Park isn't it? 

Not for me. He is going to be key player now. I'm expecting more from him in terms of goals and his performances 

Dolan isn't getting anywhere near Szmodics levels. 

11 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

This confirms we got a very low fee for a player who has come off the back of scoring more goals than every one of those players you’ve listed. Some of them are from years ago too, and price inflation really is a thing.

Your price inflation argument doesn’t really work considering Iv covered 10/15 years right up to this and last season and there’s little to no change in the prices 

secondly ONE team was in for him that tells its own story - no bidding wars just one live interest from the prem league

Brighton paid 40mill for Rutter best recruitment team in England why not go for szmodics?

So it simply just doesn’t stack up people saying he’s worth 15-20million given he’s no top flight experience anywhere is 29 next month and had one good season

wish him well though