BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If Leeds, Ipswich and Southampton came in for him how do you know he wouldn't still have chosen Ipswich if the money on offer was all similar or even Leeds had offered more ?????

Leeds? No. He wants premier league.

Southampton or Ipswich? Toss up.

An established premier league team or West Ham? In an instant.

30 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Bidding wars are just a meme. Rovers set a price and Ipswich met it. Rovers should have set a higher price. But we all know they are flogging the family silver at knock down prices to pay the leccy. Roll up for the Rovers car boot sale. 

The inflation argument works precisely because you’ve covered 15 years. That’s how inflation works. Ross McCormack aged 29 being sold for £14m in 2016 is not the same as £14m today. 

Waggott is simply having his pants pulled down on a regular basis. A terrifying image, but there it is. 

On this deal alone in isolation it’s fair you tell me how much we should/could have sold him for? And why weren’t other clubs in for him?

the rest I agree but this is about this deal only so please feel free to answer 

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

At least you now admit you know fuck all. Acceptance is always the first step in recovery. 

I think someone forgot to eat their weetabix this morning. Very feisty you are. 

37 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm naturally disappointed to be losing Szmodics but he's one of the few players I can't begrudge a big move to. He has come through the hard school, he hasn't been cosseted in an Academy and that shows in his play. His effort and willingness have been greatly appreciated and his goals did more than enough to keep us up last season. The biggest compliment I can pay him is that I think if any one of us fans got the opportunity to play for Rovers we would play like Szmodics does. Two of my best moments of the last fourteen years were the wins at Leeds and Leicester and Szmodics was fundamental in both. His celebration as he ran through to score the second goal at Leicester is a memory I'll cherish forever.

Thanks Sammy for the smiles and great moments you gave us.

Likewise, don’t begrudge Sammy his move. That must be circa £40m in within about 12 months, I now expect the club to allow us to recruit with some proper money but know I will be disappointed. It really has been a long hard 14 years and sadly, we still appear to be on the road to oblivion. Let’s see what happens on the 20th.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Very harsh.

I think his attitude has been exemplary whilst he was here and to be "The new Andy Crawford" he'd need to bomb everywhere else he went and be more or less finished with football altogether inside a couple of seasons.

I don't think that will happen to him at all.

Szmodics is just another jobbing footballer who kisses the badge and then fucks off the first chance he gets. He did the job he was paid to do. 

I don’t get the sentimentality really. He was here 2 years and had one excellent season. I wish him well,  but he wanted to leave so fuck him. And his interview at the end of the season when he was openly stating he was open to leaving was massively disrespectful to the fans and club. 

Up the rovers

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 13

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Szmodics is just another jobbing footballer who kisses the badge and then fucks off the first chance he gets. He did the job he was paid to do. 

I don’t get the sentimentality really. He was here 2 years and had one excellent season. I wish him well,  it he wanted to leave so fuck him. And his interview at the end of the season when he was openly stating he was open to leaving was massively disrespectful to the fans and club. 

Up the rovers

But yet your expecting trillions for him hahah away back to bed sleep it off

14 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Wharton is worth a lot more because he’s now proven at the PL. No other teams bid for him in Jan when it was clear Palace were closing in. I’m sure many clubs are regretting not going for him, but ultimately Palace were the only ones who put in an offer. 

Szmodics has gone for a fair price given his age and lack of top flight experience. With how long this has dragged on, the club clearly haven’t accepted the first offer that’s arrived. 

SS was never going to fetch a humongous fee due to his age and lack of PL experience.

I'd say the the fee for him is still a bit on the low side though, due to our current circumstances. Imo £12m plus add ons would have been about right.

The fee received  for Wharton though remains and always will be an absolute disgrace. Anyone who saw him play could easily predict he was an absolutely unique talent who would go on to great things, the only surprise there is possibly how quickly it's happened.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I don’t get the sentimentality really. He was here 2 years and had one excellent season. I wish him well,  but he wanted to leave so fuck him. And his interview at the end of the season when he was openly stating he was open to leaving was massively disrespectful to the fans and club. 

Up the rovers

100% for once in agreement with you. he's gone couldnt give a toss now ..next up 

• Like 1

My hope is that the recruitment team look like they can find us some decent players now- front two being a prime example- let’s hope for a few more gems. Replacing Sammie is top of the list now, dare I say it, even before replacing Pears.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Up the rovers

Strange outlook.

Personally I have a lot more affection for players who perform well for us and earn a move elsewhere than players that are here years drawing a wage and do the square root of fuck all.

Lowe, Evans, Bennett, Gallagher etc etc with Hedges being the latest culprit Imo.

But......each to their own I guess.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Up the rovers

I don’t think he’s ever been the badge kissing type to be fair. 

First season he seemed pissed off that he was being criticised early on. Last season when he was banging the goals in he was doing his salute celebration. Obviously he has said positive things about the club, its history etc but that’s par for the course.

The podcast thing didn’t bother me too much, if I was a 29 year old footballer who’d just played the season of my life and had never played in the premier league then I’d expect people to understand I had ambitions of playing there too. 

He saved our skin big time last season. We all on here talk about what a shit show our club can be, the players will be as aware of that. He knows he won’t get to the premier league with us. He’s not a fan so if the chance to play higher is there then he can’t be blamed for wanting to take it.

Edited by Theaxe15
  • Like 6

I wish that Ryo Germain to us rumours didn't come to public knowledge. The dude has been playing very well, and I fear that if we don't move quickly, somebody else will take him..

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Iversen, Lb loan, CM loan, S.Dembele and Ryo Germain as a replacement for SS. 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Why Dembele? 

Lacks an end product, doesnt work hard, couldnt get in the Birmingham squad towards the end of last season, and will be seen as dispensable by a League 1 side.

Just feels like the same names repeatedly banded about regardless of quality.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Just as something for us to mull over while we wait for news:

We’ve sold both of our best players in succession within 7 months of each other… who would you say is our best player, now?

Carter or Tronstad 

• Like 2

Our recent history is that when we lose our main scorer someone does step up - When Dack got injured Armstrong went from a hot and cold inside forward who wasn't really doing the business to banging the goals in, Armstrong leaving coincided with Brereton becoming Diaz, BBD Leaving opened the door for Szmodics to get a 30 goal season. In all cases there were plenty on here questioning whether those players were up to it beforehand.

I think that overall the frontline as it is has more threat across the board than last season (other than Sammie, obviously), so whilst I'm not sure there is a 20+ goal player waiting to emerge I think we could have multiple players getting double figures for the first time in a while. The competition for the no.10 spot may spur someone on to really go for it and nail it down - be it Dolan or Sigurdsson or someone else.

It seems a silly thing to say the day we sell our talismanic striker, but I'm still more concerned about bringing in a goalkeeper and a left back as top priorities, I think they will make more of a difference to our survival chances than another striker. Obviously I'd like one of each, and a couple more besides in an ideal world, but if we are talking priorities...

• Like 1