BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Screenshot_20240816-131500.png

It will already be absorbed into the running costs. We'll end up with a freebie goalie and that'll be it.

In the post-mortem of the season, Waggott will later explain that we started the season well without addressing the fact that we played two poor teams then sold our best player.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Just like with Adam Wharton we all recognise that as a Championship club we will be vulnerable to interest from Premier League sides in our best players..

Nothing new there, nothing unique to Rovers, nothing Venkys or no Venkys will do about that, it's a tale as old as time.

It is the surrounding situation however that is unique to Rovers and is unique to the ruinous pondlife in India.

These sales are occurring not because the club has been presented with irresistable bids, but because the club is desperate for cash because they are trying to find ways of funding the club and avoiding the need for the pondlife to divert their own funds over whilst putting down the equivalent bond. Wharton and Szmodics ensure that and then some.

Other clubs would reluctantly sell those players but do so for good amounts of cash and would immediately set about reinvesting a large portion of the proceeds back into the club and squad to reinvest and go again.

No such intention here I suspect. We've already seen it with the Adam Wharton money 'mumble mumble running costs' bye bye £20 million.

That's the problem and that's why Venkys have to go. If we can't improve and invest from this position we never will.

Good post.

The ripping out of anyone of any value continues, another gutting loss to the club to lose by far our best player.

Thats £40m ish brought in over 12 months. At most, £2m is spent. There is absolutely no excuse not to get spending, and absolutely no chance of it happening. If a team is gutted of its best players and the money isnt reinvested then it only leads in one direction.

This is all on the owners. Again.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Outstanding journalism that - he must be in line for some award for that.

It's two weeks before the end of the window and we need some players and this back is extolling his wisdom and insight in the most patronising way.

He's just a Glaswegian drunk Tony. I wonder what Peter White or Alf Thornton would have made of him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pomster said:

Best of wishes to Sammie for the future hope it all works out for you with a proper prem team, Ipswich we'l see you next season! 

High hopes of promotion from Rovers then? 😂 

3 hours ago, TommyRovers said:

Leeds? No. He wants premier league.

Southampton or Ipswich? Toss up.

An established premier league team or West Ham? In an instant.

Which is the assumption anybody can come up with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He's just a Glaswegian drunk Tony. I wonder what Peter White or Alf Thornton would have made of him. 

He reminds me so much of another Glasgow drunk who was involved with Rovers. Bluff, bluster and untruths.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He reminds me so much of another Glasgow drunk who was involved with Rovers. Bluff, bluster and untruths.

Barry Ferguson? EDIT: Christ I completely forgot about who you obviously meant!!! 😂

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The ripping out of anyone of any value continues, another gutting loss to the club to lose by far our best player.

Thats £40m ish brought in over 12 months. At most, £2m is spent. There is absolutely no excuse not to get spending, and absolutely no chance of it happening. If a team is gutted of its best players and the money isnt reinvested then it only leads in one direction.

This is all on the owners. Again.

They really have to invest a chunk of this to keep the goal scoring forward conveyor going, no excuses now with FFP. Surely the ownership can stick in a couple of million and put a bond up in order to get in a decent player.

They've taken a couple of cheap punts that hopefully look like they'll work out but a proper investment is needed now, proff is in the pudding with AA, BBD and Sammie etc.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Outstanding journalism that - he must be in line for some award for that.

It's two weeks before the end of the window and we need some players and this back is extolling his wisdom and insight in the most patronising way.

Take it you'll have no interest in what he has to say over the next couple of weeks then ?

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They really have to invest a chunk of this to keep the goal scoring forward conveyor going, no excuses now with FFP. Surely the ownership can stick in a couple of million and put a bond up in order to get in a decent player.

They've taken a couple of cheap punts that hopefully look like they'll work out but a proper investment is needed now, proff is in the pudding with AA, BBD and Sammie etc.

They surely wouldnt have to even put an equivalent amount in a bond. We have brought in so much in sales, well beyond the usual losses that we would make, in the June 2024 accounts we will show a profit and thats before the Szmodics and Raya money.

I know people will mention installments as it might be seen as more of a cash flow issue but we would also be buying in installments.

49 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just like with Adam Wharton we all recognise that as a Championship club we will be vulnerable to interest from Premier League sides in our best players..

Nothing new there, nothing unique to Rovers, nothing Venkys or no Venkys will do about that, it's a tale as old as time.

It is the surrounding situation however that is unique to Rovers and is unique to the ruinous pondlife in India.

These sales are occurring not because the club has been presented with irresistable bids, but because the club is desperate for cash because they are trying to find ways of funding the club and avoiding the need for the pondlife to divert their own funds over whilst putting down the equivalent bond. Wharton and Szmodics ensure that and then some.

Other clubs would reluctantly sell those players but do so for good amounts of cash and would immediately set about reinvesting a large portion of the proceeds back into the club and squad to reinvest and go again.

No such intention here I suspect. We've already seen it with the Adam Wharton money 'mumble mumble running costs' bye bye £20 million.

That's the problem and that's why Venkys have to go. If we can't improve and invest from this position we never will.

No doubt as per the shite spewed out by Waggott last week, he will convince people we will receive this in instalments, so it is of little value for transfers.

No mention of it working both ways, or that it is needed for day to day running of the club.

Assuming net week goes against the owners, I hope he is getting well and truly called out for the no impediment bull.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They surely wouldnt have to even put an equivalent amount in a bond. We have brought in so much in sales, well beyond the usual losses that we would make, in the June 2024 accounts we will show a profit and thats before the Szmodics and Raya money.

I know people will mention installments as it might be seen as more of a cash flow issue but we would also be buying in installments.

FFP is based on revenue, hence why we’re in profit for the year.

But the challenge is purely Cashflow…let’s say we’re getting £15m per year for the sales + Raya payment, for the next 2.5years…that’s great, as long as the owners keep pumping in the necessary to make sure we don’t lose more than £13m per season (allowed £39m over three years, right?) to keep us under FFP.

Them not pumping cash in has a double effect. Firstly it means we have less room to manoeuvre in the transfer market, but bearing in mind we’re currently £10m up at least, we’ve effectively got £23m head room. The main issue is Cashflow because we have no option but to use the £15m of transfer cash to pay the bills.

It’s such a shame they’re not stumping the cash up now. We’d be in an outstanding position to buy 2/3 £5m players to really push on!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Firstly to make it clear I don’t trust venkys/waggott to do anything remotely positive with any money we have had this last while so this isn’t in their defence at all. But I’ve been seeing a lot of posts saying the fee is way too low. Here’s a list of transfers with similar age profiles from the champ

Jay Rodriguez 29 wba to Burnley 10mill
Leo Ulloa 28 Brighton to Leicester 10mill
Glen kamara 28 Leeds to Rennes 10mill
Nick pope 30 Burnley to n’castle 
11.5mill 
Samba 29 us to Anzhi 11.5mill 
Ross McCormack 27 Leeds to Fulham 11.8 mill
Nacir chadli 29 wba to Monaco 12mill
Chuba akpom 27 boro to Ajax 12.5mill

Exceptions 
Callum Wilson 28 Bournemouth to Newcastle 22.5mill - proven premier league experience eng cap
Ward prowse 28 saints to West Ham 34mill - proven premier league player eng cap
Salamon rondon 29 Newcastle to dalian 18.5mill - proven top flight/league experience 
McCormack again 29 Fulham to Villa 14mill consistent goal scoring seasons 

as you can see above age and value absolutely matter and given he has no previous premier league or top league experience and has had one wonder season the reported 10million I feel is fair. 

in an ideal world multiple clubs would have been interested and a bit of a bidding war would have commenced to get it up to around 12/13/14 but never happened 

Most of those are pushing a decade ago... the only one of recent times in there is Akpom, and he was in last year of contract so again proves the point we had our pants pulled down over the fee. It should have been £12m with another £3m in add-ons, that I would say is a fair enough deal. As it is our directors have shafted us once again

4 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Most of those are pushing a decade ago... the only one of recent times in there is Akpom, and he was in last year of contract so again proves the point we had our pants pulled down over the fee. It should have been £12m with another £3m in add-ons, that I would say is a fair enough deal. As it is our directors have shafted us once again

This screams of desperation and tells me, they fear the worst next week. 

As we know, several days ago, they gave Ipswich a deadline of 31/07/2024 but that didn't prove to be the case, in the end.

6 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Kamara was this summer 

pope 2022

the fundamental point is that age is a massssive factor which fans don’t seem to appreciate 

if Sammie had top level experience and it didn’t work out and came to rovers and did what he’s done then the 12 up front plus add ons would be realistic 

but he hasn’t the highest he has played is championship level he’s 29 next month

there were no other clubs in for him and he wanted to explore the opportunity to play ( in his own words)

so with all that considered I’m not sure how fans can be up in arms with the fee 

what we do with the money is a completely different topic but the fee is fair