BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

FFP is based on revenue, hence why we’re in profit for the year.

But the challenge is purely Cashflow…let’s say we’re getting £15m per year for the sales + Raya payment, for the next 2.5years…that’s great, as long as the owners keep pumping in the necessary to make sure we don’t lose more than £13m per season (allowed £39m over three years, right?) to keep us under FFP.

Them not pumping cash in has a double effect. Firstly it means we have less room to manoeuvre in the transfer market, but bearing in mind we’re currently £10m up at least, we’ve effectively got £23m head room. The main issue is Cashflow because we have no option but to use the £15m of transfer cash to pay the bills.

It’s such a shame they’re not stumping the cash up now. We’d be in an outstanding position to buy 2/3 £5m players to really push on!

I touched on the cash flow issue, totally understand how accounts and FFP calculations are done on an accruals basis rather than the misconception that installments of fees etc make a difference.

FFP isnt anything close to the problem, as you touch on. Even if say we prior to fees in and out make a £20m loss a year, another thing that people dont mention is how many expenses are exempt from calculations.

But going back to cash flow. I get that other expenses wont be on the same generous payment terms. But we have made so much in sales that we will still have a substantial sum already received. And crucially, any purchases would also be in installments so say we spent £6m we might only need £2m now. And even if it did still require a bond to reinvest £2m, then it would be with the significant collateral of definite fees coming in consistently due to those sales. So no excuses for Venkys.

• Like 2

Sad to see Sammie go but wish him all the best. £9 million or £10 million is half his value. Assume the issue is only one premier team was interested and as we all know Waggot and Venkys happy to sell off any asset of value.  Not to mention the players head will turn when the opportunity for premier league knocks. The problem, we all know is, not a quid will be reinvested, and the club will take one more step toward irrelevance under these clowns 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I touched on the cash flow issue, totally understand how accounts and FFP calculations are done on an accruals basis rather than the misconception that installments of fees etc make a difference.

FFP isnt anything close to the problem, as you touch on. Even if say we prior to fees in and out make a £20m loss a year, another thing that people dont mention is how many expenses are exempt from calculations.

But going back to cash flow. I get that other expenses wont be on the same generous payment terms. But we have made so much in sales that we will still have a substantial sum already received. And crucially, any purchases would also be in installments so say we spent £6m we might only need £2m now. And even if it did still require a bond to reinvest £2m, then it would be with the significant collateral of definite fees coming in consistently due to those sales. So no excuses for Venkys.

The excuse, I would hypothesise, is if they lose the court case on Tuesday or the same restrictions remain, the money generated will cover us until the next appeal ergo can't be spent. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

The excuse, I would hypothesise, is if they lose the court case on Tuesday or the same restrictions remain, the money generated will cover us until the next appeal ergo can't be spent. 

They can't possibly lose the court case can they? There is no impediment for them funding, so they will get all of their bond money back, be told sorry by the judge for bringing such honourable people to court and advised to crack on regardless.

All of our woes will be behind us, but of course, it didn't actually involve the club anyway.

We are going up, we are going up. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

Excuse being the operative word. And never one that has actually come from the club.

Even if the appeal is a success, its not going to make any difference to this window, or likely at all. Even if anything is spent in this window, it will be just a fraction of the Szmodics money irrelevant to this case.

4 minutes ago, booth said:

We need five players now.

Said this on Facebook. Someone said we didn’t need that. We have a good squad.

Asked him what players can we actually sell now apart from Carter and Travis? Where the future income coming from?

Really are some “dime bars” out there! 🙄

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, booth said:

We need five players now.

Honestly I think selling Szmodics opens the door for Dolan and Sigurdsson to move inside (assuming they're still here in September). Neither is a winger. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Honestly I think selling Szmodics opens the door for Dolan and Sigurdsson to move inside (assuming they're still here in September). Neither is a winger. 

Prefer Sigurdsson to move on , he contributes the square root of  sweet FA !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think Dolan will be, I can see Sigurdsson leaving.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Said this on Facebook. Someone said we didn’t need that. We have a good squad.

Asked him what players can we actually sell now apart from Carter and Travis? Where the future income coming from?

Really are some “dime bars” out there! 🙄

People forget that we were already a decimated squad, and Scott Wharton is out for the season. Two of our centre halves are very old. A big reason for last season's relegation battle is injuries within a small squad and having to rely on kids.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

They really have to invest a chunk of this to keep the goal scoring forward conveyor going, no excuses now with FFP. Surely the ownership can stick in a couple of million and put a bond up in order to get in a decent player.

They've taken a couple of cheap punts that hopefully look like they'll work out but a proper investment is needed now, proff is in the pudding with AA, BBD and Sammie etc.

Bro please .... fantasy land... i've repeatedly said ...venky has enough funds outside india to run us to PL. but that never is or was the intention ever. SBI monies bought us and was running us ...now the jigs up... if there was the slightest intention we won't be in this mess ...

bankruptcy , administration or some miracle of sovereign funds who willing to overlook audit reports is only way. Why am i still here after realizing this ...for the love of this club i'm praying for the miracle 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
47 minutes ago, booth said:

People forget that we were already a decimated squad, and Scott Wharton is out for the season. Two of our centre halves are very old. A big reason for last season's relegation battle is injuries within a small squad and having to rely on kids.

Scott Wharton isn’t out for the season, he’s out for the rest of 2024.

Saw him in the gym the other day, looks to be walking fine, but leg day wasn’t on the agenda….

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Running out of loans that would genuinely make us better rather than risks or experiments

We're not a Champions League club where there's a shallow pool of players (that every other Champions League club is also fishing in) that would improve us.

We didn't know who Yuki and Gueye were last week and they've both looked up to snuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We're not a Champions League club where there's a shallow pool of players (that every other Champions League club is also fishing in) that would improve us.

We didn't know who Yuki and Gueye were last week and they've both looked up to snuff. 

My main gripe is that we’re likely going to have to rely on loans and I don’t want the Clarksons of this world rocking up. We need the Tosin’s and Elliot’s

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

The "Sigurdsson is shit" consensus is baffling to me.

Yeah he always looks like scoring or creating a goal to me, 6 in 20 appearances is a decent return for someone playing on the wing in their first year in england.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

He has been here a year how many good games as he had? 

I wouldn't say he is shit but does the championship suit him?Signing him where he came from I'd presume he will be at the higher end wages wise and he doesn't offer enough to justify that imo.Plus he is up there with Gallagher for getting injured every 5 minutes

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Scott Wharton isn’t out for the season, he’s out for the rest of 2024.

Saw him in the gym the other day, looks to be walking fine, but leg day wasn’t on the agenda….

Quicker than I thought, I was pretty sure that the club/Eustace ruled him out for "most" of this season.

13 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Good player,  was just never properly fit last season so he often looked  off the pace.

He lacks actual pace though, so presume he’s not what JE is looking for at LW. 

Maybe he’ll end up playing centrally this season now that Szmodics has gone. 

• Like 1