BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why Dembele? 

Lacks an end product, doesnt work hard, couldnt get in the Birmingham squad towards the end of last season, and will be seen as dispensable by a League 1 side.

Just feels like the same names repeatedly banded about regardless of quality.

Its appears that Eustace would like him, and did he play under Eustace when he was there at Birmingham. Whether we sign him is another story, but we need a pacey winger and where someone like him. 

I agree with yourself we need to spend some cash and bring in 2 or 3 permanent with a couple of loans to top our squad up. 

19 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

When I saw Sigurdssons you tube clips prior to him joining he was a totally different player. Constantly beating players and looked quick. 

He hasn’t done that at all. I think there’s a top player in there and it maybe down to confidence. Hopefully he gets in a groove and smashes a few in early doors.

Maybe its down to being fully fit and a lack of pre season last season? 

• Like 1

I think Siggy looked good when he got going last season after a disrupted pre season. Scored a few goals and looked to have a class and composure about him. After his injury he never looked the same, didn't look like he was enjoying life, not trying to beat players. Naturally defense is not most attackers favourite part of the game but he's got to make an effort like the rest.

I hoped after a full pre season he would show some of that again but clearly JE isn't seeing enough to have him on the bench but he did well Tuesday albeit very weak opposition.

I think he's a bit Brereton or Diaz. When he's confident, feeling loved he'll be Diaz but when the chips are down he'll be Brereton.

I'd not right him off yet and definitely think he will be more effective in the middle.

Congrats to Sammie on his move to the prem and essentially winning the lottery with a huge payday. He fully deserves the move. His individual contribution last season was absolutely incredible and we'd be in league 1 right now without him.

The huge issue for us right now is that we are selling our assets far too cheaply and not re-investing the money. Letting Wharton go for £20m given his age and length of contract was criminal. Good players will leave, we all know that. But you have to re-invest the money to keep improving. 

I guess we're improving as our best players used to run down their contracts and leave for nothing...

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Typical Rovers selling their best player and still working getting someone in .... We won't see anything near Szmodicz calibre....I'm tired of this.

Relax mate. I can tell you’re worked up but tbf, the only player of not we’d sold before SS was Gally and they replaced him with Ohashi and Gueye, who after 3 games, I could definitively say, are better than him.

Im not saying we will do better than SS, it’s a big ask but keep your powder dry man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Kinel mate, honestly I swear I’m not being salty…but if you asked me who has been the most ineffective players at Rovers over arguably our worst performing period in the Championship, I reckon Ennis, Gally and Moran would be in my top 5.

I don’t know who is scouting these players for you but but they’re absolute taking the piss. Opinions aside, there’s literally zero chance that someone watched any of those three last season and could’ve walked away thinking they were any good.

I feel genuinely sorry for you.

Stoke are going to be bang in trouble this year. They take 3 players who were dreadful for us last season and would have been part of a relegated team if it wasn't for Sammie. Who is picking the players there?!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Kinel mate, honestly I swear I’m not being salty…but if you asked me who has been the most ineffective players at Rovers over arguably our worst performing period in the Championship, I reckon Ennis, Gally and Moran would be in my top 5.

I don’t know who is scouting these players for you but but they’re absolute taking the piss. Opinions aside, there’s literally zero chance that someone watched any of those three last season and could’ve walked away thinking they were any good.

I feel genuinely sorry for you.

Appreciate the sympathy 🙂 Ennis just came from doing well at Plymouth under our gaffer, crappy stopgap signing. Moran is talented and highly-rated but still young so can understand him going missing a bit.. I think gets a bit of leeway. Gally, meh, we'll see but we've left our squad #9 free so ideally we'll be signing another first-choice forward.

I sincerely wish Szmodics well but there's a very big chance he will go down with Ipswich. Had hoped there would had been a better team taking him. When he signed for us Ipswich were in League one and I think they have talked advantage of signing him on The cheap. Ill leave it there and we will see what happens this season..

8 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Stoke are going to be bang in trouble this year. They take 3 players who were dreadful for us last season and would have been part of a relegated team if it wasn't for Sammie. Who is picking the players there?!

We'll be orate. We have a decent manager and players who appear to be invested.. the three from you will feature in the first team to varying degrees. We won't do anything spectacular but I fully expect us to have our best season yet back in the Champo (very low bar)

15 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Shall we try Posh again and go for Ajiboye.  Absolutely lightning quick.

Kwame Poku is a player we should definitely look at from Posh.

12 goals and 8 assists for Posh last season, plays behind the striker and on the right wing.

Funny what time and opportunity does. We have snatched off the hand of anyone offering £9,000,000 for Sammie a year ago. Last year we all said with BBD gone there were no goals left. Same when Armstrong left. When players depart it provides others the opportunity to shine…except Gallagher he’s always been shite! 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 3

Good luck Sammie. Deserve your move and hope all goes well.

Will Dolan get more than 10 league goals this season?

Perhaps it may be a case of rather than any one person stepping up to get 25 or so, a few players combined will do the business?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its appears that Eustace would like him, and did he play under Eustace when he was there at Birmingham. Whether we sign him is another story, but we need a pacey winger and where someone like him. 

I agree with yourself we need to spend some cash and bring in 2 or 3 permanent with a couple of loans to top our squad up. 

Maybe its down to being fully fit and a lack of pre season last season? 

Or he might be scared to do full sprints. Didn't he have a bad hamstring injury when he joined?

Doesn't excuse his work ethic though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OllieNO said:

Rovers are in such a sorry state - and now forced to sell their best player to a club that was in L1 less than 1.5 years ago. Meanwhile, Suhail Shaik boast on his LinkedIn page/CV about “completing the successful acquisition of BRFC”. Aren’t they embarrassed, Suhail and the Venksters? Hundreds of millions down the drain, with nothing to show for, and now again exposed as complete amateurs for the umpteenth time by the dynamic and competent Ipswich owners… useless.

If they had any interest, pride, shame, investment in this club then yes, they would be completely embarrassed and ashamed at the state of this club and the fact that so many others have managed to completely outperform us on a fraction of the financial 'investment'.

The likes of Luton, Ipswich, Brentford, Brighton, Dingles, Palace and many, many more who were years and years and years behind the organisation Venkys took over in 2010 and yet in most respects have left us miles behind in most areas of operation. Not because they've gone out and spent outrageous amounts or had 30,000 a week crowds propelling them, just competent ownership/management. 

I know I'd be embarrassed but these people are ignorant and totally shameless. Suppose it helps when you've vermin like Waggott and Shaikh telling you how wonderful you are, how the club would cease to exist without your benevolence etc.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Good luck Sammie. Deserve your move and hope all goes well.

Will Dolan get more than 10 league goals this season?

Perhaps it may be a case of rather than any one person stepping up to get 25 or so, a few players combined will do the business?

Be tough to replace his goals under these owners. If we can get a decent keeper who concedes less we can try recoup the points that way 

21 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

I would at a price.  Decent option in midfield and put his foot in slightly more than the other loanees did. 

He can carry the ball as well. Think he has a bit of potential but would we need some permanent signings now and Brighton would probably prefer another loan. Cost them £3.5m amost two years ago and has only made three PL apps for them.