BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He can carry the ball as well. Think he has a bit of potential but would we need some permanent signings now and Brighton would probably prefer another loan. Cost them £3.5m amost two years ago and has only made three PL apps for them.

He has to play as a #10. We tried him out wide and in CM - he was too soft / weak / slow for either of those positions. He pissed me off in the end with his lack of effort after quite a positive start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He has to play as a #10. We tried him out wide and in CM - he was too soft / weak / slow for either of those positions. He pissed me off in the end with his lack of effort after quite a positive start.

I don't agree. Thought he looked better towards the end and looked to have a bit of fight in him, unlike Moran. He can play infront of Trav and Tronstad, but has to be more effective - still only 20 so has time on his side.

I've said this a few times, call me unimaginative and I know a few of you weren't keen on here at all but... For pace, creativity, potential that can play a number of positions... I'd love Reda Khadra back (at the right price=cheap)

• Like 8
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, PotterLog said:

Appreciate the sympathy 🙂 Ennis just came from doing well at Plymouth under our gaffer, crappy stopgap signing. Moran is talented and highly-rated but still young so can understand him going missing a bit.. I think gets a bit of leeway. Gally, meh, we'll see but we've left our squad #9 free so ideally we'll be signing another first-choice forward.

Well i hope all three of them do better for you than they did with us but good luck with that!

And we actually got a few pennies back  😀

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Would people on here welcome Ayari back?

I’m pretty sure that he said that JE had told him he would like him back again this season, so I’m expecting a late loan move for him. I’m not sure whether it would be a good signing or not. He had a really good game once but “one swallow does not make a summer”. Hopefully there are better options out there. 

29 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I don't agree. Thought he looked better towards the end and looked to have a bit of fight in him, unlike Moran. He can play infront of Trav and Tronstad, but has to be more effective - still only 20 so has time on his side.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about Moran. It's been a long day.

Yeah I like Ayari, he's got a bit of fight in him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

I've said this a few times, call me unimaginative and I know a few of you weren't keen on here at all but... For pace, creativity, potential that can play a number of positions... I'd love Reda Khadra back (at the right price=cheap)

100% have him back.

• Like 1

Khadra could be an interesting one if available. Looked decent in the loan spell but not done a great deal since. Ayari would also be interesting, I don’t think we used him enough as I do think there’s a decent player in there. Depends if we want to use pace down the wings though. Don’t think Khadra or Ayari help us with that.

8 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Khadra could be an interesting one if available. Looked decent in the loan spell but not done a great deal since. Ayari would also be interesting, I don’t think we used him enough as I do think there’s a decent player in there. Depends if we want to use pace down the wings though. Don’t think Khadra or Ayari help us with that.

Khadra is absolutely rapid on the wing. Saw him tear Huddersfield left back to bits, skinned him over and over. Needs end product but that's every winger at champ level. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

Khadra is absolutely rapid on the wing. Saw him tear Huddersfield left back to bits, skinned him over and over. Needs end product but that's every winger at champ level. 

There’s a player in Khadra, have always said it.

Reckon he’d thrive under Eustace, would be delighted if we signed him permanently.

I think with Szmodics leaving, any potential new winger perhaps will be even more important in as well as being fast, providing end product.

I know at this level that it is difficult to find someone with pace and end product consistently but surely, perhaps across Europe, we can do better than Dembele. His decision making is very poor in the final third and he has stagnated since the promise he showed at Peterborough. Birmingham fans seem keen for him not to be selected/to move him on and he couldnt even make their bench at times last season.

Who cares if Eustace knows him? That doesnt justify signing him.

Khadra is also inconsistent but does have much more about him but im not sure how realistic that would be.

It seems common that people just list names that Alan Nixon has linked to us and say id be happy with them, I get that none of us have widespread knowledge of targets but it might take more creativity. 

42 minutes ago, Neal said:

Great shout. Eusface worked with him at Birmingham and Park signed him when he was here before..

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think with Szmodics leaving, any potential new winger perhaps will be even more important in as well as being fast, providing end product.

I know at this level that it is difficult to find someone with pace and end product consistently but surely, perhaps across Europe, we can do better than Dembele. His decision making is very poor in the final third and he has stagnated since the promise he showed at Peterborough. Birmingham fans seem keen for him not to be selected/to move him on and he couldnt even make their bench at times last season.

Who cares if Eustace knows him? That doesnt justify signing him.

Khadra is also inconsistent but does have much more about him but im not sure how realistic that would be.

It seems common that people just list names that Alan Nixon has linked to us and say id be happy with them, I get that none of us have widespread knowledge of targets but it might take more creativity. 

Go on then who would you sign then as this end product winger with pace? 

Cos Dembele and Khadra you don't want which is what you posted 

42 minutes ago, Neal said:

if khadra had a football brain,he`d be playing for a big european club,he`s got everything else bar the ability to work out what to do with the ball!!!,that said he`s a full backs worst nightmare because he`s quick and unpredictable,i would have him back on the fact he`s rapid and direct

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Go on then who would you sign then as this end product winger with pace? 

Cos Dembele and Khadra you don't want which is what you posted 

Dembele goal and assist record is poor.Plus signing for Brum  from Bournemouth you would expect him to be on good money and they will be looking for at least 2 million ,I think what Roversfan is saying we could find better value looking in the European market 

None of us had heard much if anything of Ohashi and Gueye were brought in and the signs are good with them.It doesn't fill me with confidence if Nixon is correct that Eustace is championing Dembele and Ruddy as preferred targets.

Before you jump on me I'm not saying I think Eustace is doing a poor job, I'm happy at the moment with him but I don't agree we should be trying to sign those two players if Nixon is correct

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if khadra had a football brain,he`d be playing for a big european club,he`s got everything else bar the ability to work out what to do with the ball!!!,that said he`s a full backs worst nightmare because he`s quick and unpredictable,i would have him back on the fact he`s rapid and direct

Khadra’s even more fallible than Dolan when it comes to decision making. It’s a NO from me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, miqaayil said:

Bro please .... fantasy land... i've repeatedly said ...venky has enough funds outside india to run us to PL. but that never is or was the intention ever. SBI monies bought us and was running us ...now the jigs up... if there was the slightest intention we won't be in this mess ...

bankruptcy , administration or some miracle of sovereign funds who willing to overlook audit reports is only way. Why am i still here after realizing this ...for the love of this club i'm praying for the miracle 

Mate i respect your opinions i really do but please tell me which one of their offshore out of India businesses can pick up a 10/20 million English pounds tab per year ?

I'll answer it for you...NONE.

Now personal funds well that's a different matter but that isn't how they fund Rovers and not why they were ever here.

• Like 1

Its always a stupid argument when someone questions or criticises a suggested target, to say well who would you sign then.

We dont have access to or knowledge of players across Europe and beyond. I hadnt heard of Gueye or Ohashi. So we arent in a position to be suggesting potential targets. We can only comment on the limited pool of domestic targets that we know and have seen.

I agree with you @islander200 in terms of IF, and its a big if, Eustace prefers to pick out players like that from Birmingham, it would be really underwhelming. It would be lazy to just go back to his Birmingham side. We can comment on Dembele as we know him and I agree, end product is poor.

6 hours ago, TommyRovers said:

Well… Yeah?

my opinion lines up with other people’s. What’s your point?

You're full of shit....and so are a few of us sometimes.

Time for a hands up from you though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its always a stupid argument when someone questions or criticises a suggested target, to say well who would you sign then.

We dont have access to or knowledge of players across Europe and beyond. I hadnt heard of Gueye or Ohashi. So we arent in a position to be suggesting potential targets. We can only comment on the limited pool of domestic targets that we know and have seen.

I agree with you @islander200 in terms of IF, and its a big if, Eustace prefers to pick out players like that from Birmingham, it would be really underwhelming. It would be lazy to just go back to his Birmingham side. We can comment on Dembele as we know him and I agree, end product is poor.

Personal preference wouldnt be with dembele having said that some players flourish in different surroundings or under different management particularly ones they have worked with before. Again I’d like to see us explore different options and not the usual suspects but if we were to get him I wouldn’t be gutted either