BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Personal preference wouldnt be with dembele having said that some players flourish in different surroundings or under different management particularly ones they have worked with before. Again I’d like to see us explore different options and not the usual suspects but if we were to get him I wouldn’t be gutted either 

Of course, I wouldnt be gutted and he would add pace but he has proven over a number of years that he has failed to really progress especially in terms of his end product.

Dembele didnt particularly flourish under Eustace so its hardly like Warnock taking players like Paddy Kenny everywhere to run the dressing room. Although football in general sees much less of that nowadays and such a policy hasnt done Ten Hag much good.

2 hours ago, PotterLog said:

Appreciate the sympathy 🙂 Ennis just came from doing well at Plymouth under our gaffer, crappy stopgap signing. Moran is talented and highly-rated but still young so can understand him going missing a bit.. I think gets a bit of leeway. Gally, meh, we'll see but we've left our squad #9 free so ideally we'll be signing another first-choice forward.

I appreciate you trying to find some positives but I go back to their performances last season and I’d question what on earth your scouts saw in them.

The one I’d most forgive is Ennis. He’d played well-ish for Schumacher and barely had a chance at Rovers. Crappy stop gap signing - flushed £1m down the bog, fine.

But Gally and Moran are fuckin unforgivable mate.

Gally is a stump. Runs his heart out but literally never even looks like scoring. I think he could end up being a centre half. He only wins headers from defensive corners. Last season was his worst of 5 terribly average ones and he missed his *obligatory third of the season through injury. What did they / you see in him that was worth a quid, never mind £1.6m!?

Moran - honestly terrible. Under JDT, I was convinced Moran had some dirt on him. Literally struggled to get into any game. Was poor technically and had to have one of the worst pass ratios over 5yrds out of any player in the football league. As soon as JE came in, he never played again.

I appreciate this probably feels like I’m going OTT but honestly, if I found out your chief scout was a plant and secretly supported your arch rivals it’d make more sense. It’s like you purposely targeted the worst players in the crappest team (us) last season.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry for you 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course, I wouldnt be gutted and he would add pace but he has proven over a number of years that he has failed to really progress especially in terms of his end product.

Dembele didnt particularly flourish under Eustace so it’s hardly like Warnock taking players like Paddy Kenny everywhere to run the dressing room. Although football in general sees much less of that nowadays and such a policy hasnt done Ten Hag much good.

Can trigger for some was my point particularly the change in environment. Who knows mute point at this stage but I wouldn’t mind taking a chance abroad look into a different market hopefully gestede has some targets of note 

I see we've circled back to the repetition of a few uninspiring names followed by the "well who would YOU sign?" phase of the window.

Of those mentioned... Dembele - no. Khadra - why not. Ayari - meh. We need to be doing far better. 30 goals just walked out of the door.

And to preempt the question; I have no idea who I would sign, I'm not a scout. 

21 minutes ago, London blue said:

I see we've circled back to the repetition of a few uninspiring names followed by the "well who would YOU sign?" phase of the window.

Of those mentioned... Dembele - no. Khadra - why not. Ayari - meh. We need to be doing far better. 30 goals just walked out of the door.

And to preempt the question; I have no idea who I would sign, I'm not a scout. 

We are signing Noah Wan 

• Like 1

Haven't seen any new names being linked yet so must be at an early stage in most deals or else Nicko would probably have named a couple already. Wonder who the winger @unleaded mentioned is. 

I mentioned Ayari earlier and seeing as Brighton have loaned out Moran, I figure that they won't let him leave on a permanent deal. 

Wonder if Benfica will let Schjelderup back out on loan again. A real talent from Norway (mentioned him before too). 

• Like 1

I understand your point @islander200but I would pay £2m for Dembele. Yes I understand that we have sign 2 strikers for lower fees. Park, Gestede and Owen has done well there but we need more. First choice keeper, winger with pace, centre midfielder and Left back are a must for me. 

@roversfan99the reason I asked you the question is you are very quick to see no to suggested players. 

Ruddy is a no. De Lange would be good signing. Drommel would be. 

I understand that there is foriegn players out there we don't know about. 

43 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I appreciate you trying to find some positives but I go back to their performances last season and I’d question what on earth your scouts saw in them.

The one I’d most forgive is Ennis. He’d played well-ish for Schumacher and barely had a chance at Rovers. Crappy stop gap signing - flushed £1m down the bog, fine.

But Gally and Moran are fuckin unforgivable mate.

Gally is a stump. Runs his heart out but literally never even looks like scoring. I think he could end up being a centre half. He only wins headers from defensive corners. Last season was his worst of 5 terribly average ones and he missed his *obligatory third of the season through injury. What did they / you see in him that was worth a quid, never mind £1.6m!?

Moran - honestly terrible. Under JDT, I was convinced Moran had some dirt on him. Literally struggled to get into any game. Was poor technically and had to have one of the worst pass ratios over 5yrds out of any player in the football league. As soon as JE came in, he never played again.

I appreciate this probably feels like I’m going OTT but honestly, if I found out your chief scout was a plant and secretly supported your arch rivals it’d make more sense. It’s like you purposely targeted the worst players in the crappest team (us) last season.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry for you 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣

Apart from that they're sound though right

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Apart from that they're sound though right

Take no notice, we shouldn't have signed Ennis he was injury prone and even fit he was never suited to our then coaches style. Gally when fit will serve you well enough but i hope he isn't swallowing 15k per week, Travis you can do one he needs to stay here.

We had a DoF who was as much use as a balloon in a typhoon, i hope yours is better.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Take no notice, we shouldn't have signed Ennis he was injury prone and even fit he was never suited to our then coaches style. Gally when fit will serve you well enough but i hope he isn't swallowing 15k per week, Travis you can do one he needs to stay here.

We had a DoF who was as much use as a balloon in a typhoon, i hope yours is better.

Ours is a bit better, maybe more like a baboon in a monsoon

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

We lost about £50k on Ennis in the end. 

3 hours ago, Ricky said:

Depends if we want to use pace down the wings though. Don’t think Khadra or Ayari help us with that.

Huh? If there's one thing Khadra adds, it's pace down the wings. Are you thinking of someone else?

36 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We lost about £50k on Ennis in the end. 

Think he meant Stoke flushed 1 million down the bog. Which they didn't, unless he's counting wages etc. It was reported to be about 500k (some add ons were mentioned but given, well, he's Ennis, those probably aren't getting met).

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dembele didnt particularly flourish under Eustace so its hardly like Warnock taking players like Paddy Kenny everywhere to run the dressing room. Although football in general sees much less of that nowadays and such a policy hasnt done Ten Hag much good.

I’d prefer a fresh face. Seen them both and not overly excited about either. If I had to choose one I’d take Khadra because I think he can be more dynamic…but really think both are yesterdays moves. 

• Like 1

General question, how will people feel if we don’t get these four/five players we require?

I have come expect we won’t get them. 

Same old, same old I’m afraid. Pocket the cash and give little back.

2 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

General question, how will people feel if we don’t get these four/five players we require?

I’m probably ok with it. I think we have to get a keeper. For me, if we just get a keeper we will be pretty light in places but I do think our defence instantly becomes better. A nervous keeper who doesn’t come for crosses makes for a nervous defence.

I could probably be ok with one permanent player coming in if it was a keeper. I do think we need to use the loan market better though. We need to get the calibre of Elliot, Khadra, JPVH and Harwood-Bellis and not the recent ones of Moran, Clarkson and the Liverpool defender whose name escapes me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

I wouldn't actually feel much, because I'm fairly close to saying fuck it all anyway. Like yourself I don't expect close to the amount of permanent signings we need, and I can't imagine the loans we make will be of sufficient quality.

All likelihood we bring in a couple more and spend a season looking over our shoulders, scrabbling enough points together to hopefully avoid the drop.