BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Haven't seen any new names being linked yet so must be at an early stage in most deals or else Nicko would probably have named a couple already. Wonder who the winger @unleaded mentioned is. 

I mentioned Ayari earlier and seeing as Brighton have loaned out Moran, I figure that they won't let him leave on a permanent deal. 

Wonder if Benfica will let Schjelderup back out on loan again. A real talent from Norway (mentioned him before too). 

Unleaded said it was El Ghazi who went to Cardiff

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Haven't seen any new names being linked yet so must be at an early stage in most deals or else Nicko would probably have named a couple already. Wonder who the winger @unleaded mentioned is. 

I mentioned Ayari earlier and seeing as Brighton have loaned out Moran, I figure that they won't let him leave on a permanent deal. 

Wonder if Benfica will let Schjelderup back out on loan again. A real talent from Norway (mentioned him before too). 

No new names because that’s our lot I’d say. They’ve replaced Szmodics already with the Japanese lad and although Pears isn’t wonderful he’s adequate so he won’t be replaced. Maybe a fringe player loan at the last minute but I’m not holding my breath

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

No new names because that’s our lot I’d say. They’ve replaced Szmodics already with the Japanese lad and although Pears isn’t wonderful he’s adequate so he won’t be replaced. Maybe a fringe player loan at the last minute but I’m not holding my breath

Would you like a friendly wager on this? I’d bet my life on there being more bodies through the door before the window shuts. Whether itl be enough I’m not sure but to say no more is silly 

• Like 3

If we could get Ayari for less than £2m that would be a good signing Khadra on loan .. meh.. yeah he would add pace and could play on either wing so ticks boxes there for me but I thought he was too inconsistent when he was here last time and if he has regressed since I’d be concerned and didn’t he slag us off a bit when he signed for Sheffield Utd ? I’d like to see Siggy have the opportunity to play as a number 10 see what he can do perhaps he will get that chance today in behind Big Mak

Edited by AJW

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I appreciate you trying to find some positives but I go back to their performances last season and I’d question what on earth your scouts saw in them.

The one I’d most forgive is Ennis. He’d played well-ish for Schumacher and barely had a chance at Rovers. Crappy stop gap signing - flushed £1m down the bog, fine.

But Gally and Moran are fuckin unforgivable mate.

Gally is a stump. Runs his heart out but literally never even looks like scoring. I think he could end up being a centre half. He only wins headers from defensive corners. Last season was his worst of 5 terribly average ones and he missed his *obligatory third of the season through injury. What did they / you see in him that was worth a quid, never mind £1.6m!?

Moran - honestly terrible. Under JDT, I was convinced Moran had some dirt on him. Literally struggled to get into any game. Was poor technically and had to have one of the worst pass ratios over 5yrds out of any player in the football league. As soon as JE came in, he never played again.

I appreciate this probably feels like I’m going OTT but honestly, if I found out your chief scout was a plant and secretly supported your arch rivals it’d make more sense. It’s like you purposely targeted the worst players in the crappest team (us) last season.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry for you 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣

Moran came into a club in turmoil I’d be willing to give him another chance career wise and certainly wouldn’t be writing him off at his age.

George hirst was one of the worst loans iv ever laid eyes on - the rest is history 

51 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

General question, how will people feel if we don’t get these four/five players we require?

I have come expect we won’t get them. 

Same old, same old I’m afraid. Pocket the cash and give little back.

If we don’t bring in more bodies of sufficient quality we’ll probably find ourselves in another relegation scrap.

The first 11 could keep us clear of the bottom half, but we all know come Nov/Dec when injuries kick in, all clubs rely on those squad players and we will be found wanting.

We’ll bring a few loan players in last minute, but what sort of impact they’ll have is anyone’s guess.

It shouldn’t be this way with the horse trading we’ve done in recent years, but with no ambition and no plan from our owners and leaders we just bumble along hoping for the best, it’s scandalous frankly. 

Venkys out - Nothing else matters

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Moran came into a club in turmoil I’d be willing to give him another chance career wise and certainly wouldn’t be writing him off at his age.

George hirst was one of the worst loans iv ever laid eyes on - the rest is history 

No mate, Moran came into a team that had finished 7th on goal difference to miss out on the playoffs. A team that until late November, continued to perform at a good level before spiralling out. I’m not one to hammer players normally but I’d happily say he was poor. He’s obviously diminutive and young so I wasn’t expecting him to be physically ready. It was his turnover of possession which shocked me. His ball retention was awful and final ball even worse. Is there a player in there? Probably…but I never even saw a glimpse of one tbh.

fwiw - I think there’s players in Hill, Chrisene and Ayari who all played significantly less football for us than Moran.

Hirst wasn’t great but he never even got a chance with Rovers. Whenever he did play, I felt he offered more than Gally anyway. I think the £5m option to buy hindered him. Plus JDT obviously didn’t rate him.

• Like 1

I keeping hearing and reading we desperately need a new no.1 goalie which i fully agree with but one position possibly two to me that everyone seems to be overlooking is that we desperately need a new goalkeeper coach too.

I've always felt our goalies regress when they're here and who the hell coaches a goalie not to come off their line for crosses?

How Ben Benson and Chris Renshaw dont feel guilty scamming us out of a wage every week for so long is beyond me 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

General question, how will people feel if we don’t get these four/five players we require?

I'll be waiting for the hammer to fall.

Squad is way too thin and we have a lot of injury prone players. It's a long season.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, AJW said:

If we could get Ayari for less than £2m that would be a good signing Khadra on loan .. meh.. yeah he would add pace and could play on either wing so ticks boxes there for me but I thought he was too inconsistent when he was here last time and if he has regressed since I’d be concerned and didn’t he slag us off a bit when he signed for Sheffield Utd ? I’d like to see Siggy have the opportunity to play as a number 10 see what he can do perhaps he will get that chance today in behind Big Mak

£2m and you’re dreaming’ pal 🙂

We have to consider which level of players we are competing for and in that bracket I think Khadra and Ayari would be good additions. The pace alone of Khadra does something to the opposition’s defensive strategy, which in the opens up various other avenous. He’s not the best ball player unfortunately but we won’t get a ready made player that has it ‘all’. 

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No mate, Moran came into a team that had finished 7th on goal difference to miss out on the playoffs. A team that until late November, continued to perform at a good level before spiralling out. I’m not one to hammer players normally but I’d happily say he was poor. He’s obviously diminutive and young so I wasn’t expecting him to be physically ready. It was his turnover of possession which shocked me. His ball retention was awful and final ball even worse. Is there a player in there? Probably…but I never even saw a glimpse of one tbh.

fwiw - I think there’s players in Hill, Chrisene and Ayari who all played significantly less football for us than Moran.

Hirst wasn’t great but he never even got a chance with Rovers. Whenever he did play, I felt he offered more than Gally anyway. I think the £5m option to buy hindered him. Plus JDT obviously didn’t rate him.

And in that spell up to November he had 5 assists and a goal - certainly not breath taking but certainly not awful either. Then his form fell off a cliff like many others in the team and he certainly looked his age the coming months no doubt about that at all 

my point really is he’s 20 and I feel you pretty much writing off his career at that age is quite laughable really.

Hirst wasn’t great is one of the biggest understatements iv read. He contributed zero to rovers absolutely zero that’s why he barely got starts/minutes and when he did he did nothing we even gave him a penalty to get him going and that didn’t work. Some players for some clubs just don’t work is my main point 

Hirst took a bashing on here most laughed when Ipswich signed him and it’s worked out

tyler Morton took a bashing on here and hill fans loved him

not saying the players aren’t right to take a bashing based on performance for rovers but I wouldn’t go writing off careers 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Would you like a friendly wager on this? I’d bet my life on there being more bodies through the door before the window shuts. Whether itl be enough I’m not sure but to say no more is silly 

Yes I’ll have a “friendly wager” but I’m concerned that you are happy to “bet your life” on it - if you lose are you willing to drive over Beachy Head? Seems a very silly thing to say

It’s not implausible and a reasonable bet that no more players will be arriving given the parlours state of the club’s finances. If  Venkys lose the impending court case more players could be leaving and all bets on our survival would certainly be off 

56 minutes ago, AJW said:

The only way there is any chance of that happening is if Rovers agreed to something like a 50% sell on fee (and even then it would be a slim chance)

Brighton bought him for just under double the price that you are quoting, and whilst he has not pulled up any trees in England, he is still only 20, has a contract with Brighton for another 3 years, and has plenty of room for further development.  I cannot imagine that they will be in a rush to sell, when they know that one decent loan will see his value skyrocket

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

We'll end up in another relegation battle as the inevitable injuries kick in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yes I’ll have a “friendly wager” but I’m concerned that you are happy to “bet your life” on it - if you lose are you willing to drive over Beachy Head? Seems a very silly thing to say

It’s not implausible and a reasonable bet that no more players will be arriving given the parlours state of the club’s finances. If  Venkys lose the impending court case more players could be leaving and all bets on our survival would certainly be off 

Happily - we haven’t fulfilled one loan position yet so even if/when they lose in court loans aren’t normally an issue with finances just means they won’t really be high end loans so I’m more than confident there will be more than zero coming in the next 2 weeks

If the owners are unable/unwilling to put money into the club, then we're basically left to live hand to mouth from the proceeds from player sales.

In that scenario, not a penny will be spent unless absolutely necessary. Any more player incomings will be zero or very low cost.

34 minutes ago, pomster said:

I keeping hearing and reading we desperately need a new no.1 goalie which i fully agree with but one position possibly two to me that everyone seems to be overlooking is that we desperately need a new goalkeeper coach too.

I've always felt our goalies regress when they're here and who the hell coaches a goalie not to come off their line for crosses?

How Ben Benson and Chris Renshaw dont feel guilty scamming us out of a wage every week for so long is beyond me 

Don't think anyone on here's overlooking that. Benson gets pulled up on the regular 

Moran was certainly a disappointment of a signing but he wasnt one of our very worst players nor as bad as @Paul Mani is suggested. He never played in his best position and for a few months contributed when we were dominating teams before we fell off a cliff and he really went into his shell and out of the team. It wouldnt totally shock me if, especially playing in his best position, he mirrored Morton in having an underwhelming loan spell here and then a much more productive one elsewhere.

Hirst definitely did not offer more than Gallagher in a Rovers shirt, he offered absolutely nothing. Gallagher had his worst season by far last season, often being injured, and hes never been great, but he tended to score 7/8/9 goals in every season prior and offered other things even if he will never be a natural goalscorer nor better than a low end striker at this level.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Moran was certainly a disappointment of a signing but he wasnt one of our very worst players nor as bad as @Paul Mani is suggested. He never played in his best position and for a few months contributed when we were dominating teams before we fell off a cliff and he really went into his shell and out of the team. It wouldnt totally shock me if, especially playing in his best position, he mirrored Morton in having an underwhelming loan spell here and then a much more productive one elsewhere.

Hirst definitely did not offer more than Gallagher in a Rovers shirt, he offered absolutely nothing. Gallagher had his worst season by far last season, often being injured, and hes never been great, but he tended to score 7/8/9 goals in every season prior and offered other things even if he will never be a natural goalscorer nor better than a low end striker at this level.

100%